Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stilts

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 – I woke out of a dream with this song:

Audience of One / Big Daddy Weave

To my audience of one
You are Father, and you are Son
As your spirit flows free,
Let it find within me
A heart that beats to praise you.
And now just to know you more
Has become my great reward
To see your kingdom come
And your will be done
I only desire to be yours,
Lord

I also woke from A DREAM: My daughter was engaged to marry a young man (her husband in real life) and they were planning their wedding, yet they had not yet set a date for the wedding. They were arguing all the time and there were family issues, too, so eventually they ended their engagement.

Then my daughter got engaged to another young man (who is married to someone else in real life) whom we have known for 13 years in real life. I was not happy with this engagement because I know the young man and his lifestyle but I decided to keep an open mind and to give him a chance but with a watchful eye. She told me that the two of them yelled all the time as though that was a good thing.

I think I was drifting in and out of sleep and awake and, at one point, I dreamed that I told my daughter about this dream about her and this young man.

Then I went back to the dream. I was making something and I was collecting ingredients. One of the ingredients was a measurement of sugar. The measurement read something like 3/8. I thought 4/8 is ½ so I just rounded it off to ½. To get to the measurement of sugar from my car, I had to walk through a church parking lot. The church is the one I grew up in – Brown Street Church.

So, I began walking and I noticed that I was like on stilts. I was very high up. I was walking in the lot along side the side of the church when I came to what was like a patrol person at a school who helps children to cross the road. So, I put on my brakes (the stilts had brakes) and I stopped. But the patrol person was distracted or something and did nothing with the children and when I moved I had to keep going.

So, I made a left-hand turn in the parking lot and then another left walking down the rows of cars to find the measurement of sugar which was on the pavement in the parking lot in the row of vehicles.

A man was following me. He was being critical of my daughter’s new fiancé. Evidently my daughter and this young man were starting a church. The man following me was very prejudicial against my daughter’s fiancé. He was also very cynical and he did not think they would be successful in ministry. I admitted I had my concerns, but I was willing to give them a chance and to keep a watchful eye. I defended their right to try. I said I had been successful in ministry (in some areas) so I knew it could be done. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 33:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2033;&version=31;

My Understanding: First of all the word “engaged” here has to do with involvement in an activity with someone or to fight or begin a battle with an enemy (Encarta). In both “engagements” of my daughter’s in the dream there was conflict of some sort. I believe my daughter is representing the country of Georgia in this dream and that the first engagement was with South Ossetia. The second engagement, thus, is with Russia since Georgia is presently “engaged” in armed conflict with Russia.

Isaiah 33 begins with a woe about a destroyer and a betrayer. Clearly Russia is the destroyer in this dream so who is the betrayer? Well, the Georgians believe it is the USA and NATO. They don’t understand why America did not come to help them.

The sugar that is divided is symbolic of the plunder to be taken from those who plunder others and then given to the remnant of God’s people. The news articles said that Russia basically divided Georgia in half.

The Lord has seen fit in this dream to picture me on stilts to show that I am representing him as one who is high and lifted up. The patrol person that I come upon is Russian President Medvedev who ordered a halt to its military action in Georgia, nonetheless the Russians continued their fighting. So he didn’t really do anything for the safety of the children.

Per this passage of scripture and the practical application the Lord is giving to it with regard to the situation between Georgia and Russia, the Lord is saying here that Russia is his instrument of divine judgment in Georgia for the purpose of bringing the people in Georgia to dependence upon God instead of dependence upon the USA/NATO.

The man that was following me and was being critical of the second engagement of my daughter (Georgia and Russia) is President Bush who expressed fierce condemnations of the Russian operation in South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Georgia. Yet the Lord is sovereign and he has plans for this to “build his church.” The way that my daughter and her “fiancé” were “church planters” is that God has a plan in all of this to bring people to Himself. So, the Lord defends his plans in all of this to President Bush in some way.

The end result of this passage of scripture is deliverance of the righteous. This will be during the Millennium reign of the Messiah where God’s people will live in peace without fear of invading armies. Illness will be gone and sins forgiven and peace will come at the hand of the Almighty God, not by foreign alliances such as NATO.

References:
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080813/D92H6FCO6.html
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080813/D92H6AIG1.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4500362.ece

By CHRISTOPHER TORCHIA and MISHA DZHINDZHIKHASHVILI

TBILISI,
Georgia (AP) - A Russian military convoy thrust deep into Georgia on Wednesday
and Georgian officials said Russian troops bombed and looted the crossroads city
of Gori, violating a freshly brokered truce intended to end the
conflict.

In the west, Georgia's weakened military acknowledged its
soldiers had pulled out entirely from Abkhazia, leaving both breakaway regions
at the heart of the fighting in the hands of Russian-backed
separatists.

Even as the Russian troops moved deep into Georgian
territory from the separatist region of South Ossetia, a few dozen fighters from
Abkhazia offered their own brazen challenge, planting their flag on a bridge
over the Inguri River - outside the rebel territory… http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080813/D92HD9L02.html

No comments: