Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Foxes

Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 9:45 a.m. – “Call My Name” is still in my head:

When you feel like you're alone in your sadness
It seems like no one else in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just call My name and I'll be there

I woke for the second time from A DREAM: I called the Foxes at their place of business. A woman who works there answered the phone. I asked to speak to Mrs. Fox. The woman said that she wasn’t there and then she asked if I was Mrs. ___. She mistook me for someone else. I said, “No, I’m Mrs. Love.”

She said, “You must be new in town.” I said, “No, we have been here for awhile. We used to attend West End Church (where the Foxes attend) when we first moved into town and we lived near the church. She thought West End Church was the greatest and she could not understand why we didn’t still go there. I told her we had moved.

Anyway, the woman told me I could reach Mrs. Fox at home, so I called her and she invited us to come to her home for dinner. We had a child (a toddler) with us. The meal was really interesting. Everything was “instant” and I mean instant – a shake or a stir and it was done. One dish looked like green Jell-O and another had what looked like pepper on the bottom mixed with water and a shake of the pan turned it into some kind of casserole-looking dish.

When Mr. Fox saw the child we had with us, he immediately took the child by the hand and put the child outside the door to walk down wet, slippery cement steps that had sharp garden tools overlapping the steps to the left and no railing to the right. So, I immediately went outside with the child and held her hand and I walked her down the stairs. She saw a pelican at a distance at the bottom of the stairs and she wanted to go play with the pelican. END


Encarta Encyclopedia, Pelican: … large birds having a long, large, flattened
bill, the upper mandible terminated by a strong hook that curves over the tip of the lower one… Pelicans have two distinctive feeding methods. The brown pelican and the larger Peruvian pelican, often considered a subspecies of the brown
pelican, plunge-dive from the air into the water for their prey. Most of the
other species feed communally, swimming in an open circle in shallow water and
driving the fishes into shallower and shallower water, where they snatch the fishes… The American white pelican, which breeds in the western part of the
United States and Canada and winters east to Florida, is distinguished by its
black wing tips... http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761556716/Pelican.html
Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 42:

The Servant of the Lord
1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen one in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the nations.
2 He will not shout or cry out,
or raise his voice in the streets.
3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
4 he will not falter or be discouraged
till he establishes justice on earth.
In his law the islands will put their hope."

5 This is what God the LORD says—
he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:
6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

8 "I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to another
or my praise to idols.
9 See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you."

… 13 The LORD will march out like a mighty man,
like a warrior he will stir up his zeal;
with a shout he will raise the battle cry
and will triumph over his enemies.
14 "For a long time I have kept silent,
I have been quiet and held myself back.
But now, like a woman in childbirth,
I cry out, I gasp and pant.
15 I will lay waste the mountains and hills
and dry up all their vegetation;
I will turn rivers into islands
and dry up the pools.

16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
17 But those who trust in idols,
who say to images, 'You are our gods,'
will be turned back in utter shame
.

Israel Blind and Deaf
18 "Hear, you deaf;
look, you blind, and see!

But this is a people plundered and looted,
all of them trapped in pits
or hidden away in prisons.
They have become plunder,
with no one to rescue them;
they have been made loot,
with no one to say, "Send them back
."
23 Which of you will listen to this
or pay close attention in time to come?

24 Who handed Jacob over to become loot,
and Israel to the plunderers?
Was it not the LORD,
against whom we have sinned?
For they would not follow his ways;
they did not obey his law.
25 So he poured out on them his burning anger,
the violence of war.
It enveloped them in flames, yet they did not understand;
it consumed them, but they did not take it to heart.

My Understanding: I believe this dream is another in a series that are concerning the situation with Russia, Georgia and the world. The first section of this passage of scripture is about both the Messiah and true Israel. Parts of it can clearly only apply to the Messiah (vv 1-4) while other parts, particularly vv 5-9, seem to apply both to the Messiah and to true Israel, i.e. the church.

I'm thinking right now that the Foxes represent Russia. "Mrs." Fox could be Putin. The people of Georgia are being exiled from their homes due to the invasion of the Russians into Georgia. The garden tools to the left could represent weapons of warfare and the lack of a railing to the right could symbolize the fact that no one is coming to Georgia's rescue, i.e. lack of protection from the enemy.It is the Lord who is taking the people of Georgia by the hand.

It is also the Lord who has brought this upon the people of Georgia evidently because they were looking to false gods like the USA, NATO and the EU for their support rather than looking to God. Yet God is not abandoning them because his ultimate purpose is to see them turn to him and to acknowledge HIM as their one and only true God.

I have a sense that the pelican at the bottom of the stairs represents some kind of false god - could be the USA who the president of Georgia seems to worship (heard his comments on Glenn Beck) or NATO or the EU. Yet, this pelican is going to come down and attack someone - the feeling is that the child should not be playing with this bird. I don't understand the green Jell-O or the pepper/water mixture yet or why it was so instant, but I'll continue to seek the Lord for understanding.

See: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92LF5KG0&show_article=1

No comments: