Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Fake Person

Thursday, August 14, 2008, 7:26 a.m. – I woke with this song in my head:

Empty Me / Chris Sligh

I've had just enough of the spotlight when it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood.
And I've tasted my share of the sweet life and the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change.

I've seen just enough of the quick buys of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change.

Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you.

Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you, compared to you.
Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you. So, I surrender all!

I also woke out of A DREAM: We lived in a white house. The house had a big open window high up, front and center, that we kept covered. Then we uncovered it but it was empty inside so evidently we hired someone to put a fake person in there next to a chair so that when someone left for the day that it still looked like someone was there. The fake person and chair were back in the room a ways but evidently could still be seen from the street at night well enough to look like someone was home.

There was a woman there somewhere who had a child and the child got injured on his hand/fingers with splinters or cinders. I recommended to the child’s mother that she take the child somewhere to have those splinters/cinders removed. I did put some kind of antibiotic ointment on it.

The woman wanted to go back to Maryland for something yet there was a meeting, I think, that she had to be at in an hour. I told her that she would just get there and would have to turn right back around, but she seemed determined to go to Maryland for something.

Back to the white house, I checked the back door to find that it was left unlocked so I locked it but then later on discovered it had been left unlocked again, so I recommended to someone that he check the door before he left or before he went to bed for the night to make sure that the door was locked. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 36: Sennacherib Threatens Jerusalem
1 In the fourteenth year of King Hezekiah's reign, Sennacherib king of Assyria attacked all the fortified cities of Judah and captured them. 2 Then the king of Assyria sent his field commander with a large army from Lachish to King Hezekiah at Jerusalem. When the commander stopped at the aqueduct of the Upper Pool, on the road to the Washerman's Field, 3 Eliakim son of Hilkiah the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary, and Joah son of Asaph the recorder went out to him.
4 The field commander said to them, "Tell Hezekiah,
" 'This is what the great king, the king of Assyria, says: On what are you basing this confidence of yours? 5 You say you have strategy and military strength—but you speak only empty words. On whom are you depending, that you rebel against me? 6 Look now, you are depending on Egypt, that splintered reed of a staff, which pierces a man's hand and wounds him if he leans on it! Such is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all who depend on him. 7 And if you say to me, "We are depending on the LORD our God"-isn't he the one whose high places and altars Hezekiah removed, saying to Judah and Jerusalem, "You must worship before this altar"?

8 " 'Come now, make a bargain with my master, the king of Assyria: I will give you two thousand horses—if you can put riders on them! 9 How then can you repulse one officer of the least of my master's officials, even though you are depending on Egypt for chariots and horsemen? 10 Furthermore, have I come to attack and destroy this land without the LORD ? The LORD himself told me to march against this country and destroy it.' "

11 Then Eliakim, Shebna and Joah said to the field commander, "Please speak to your servants in Aramaic, since we understand it. Don't speak to us in Hebrew in the hearing of the people on the wall."

12 But the commander replied, "Was it only to your master and you that my master sent me to say these things, and not to the men sitting on the wall—who, like you, will have to eat their own filth and drink their own urine?"

13 Then the commander stood and called out in Hebrew, "Hear the words of the great king, the king of Assyria! 14 This is what the king says: Do not let Hezekiah deceive you. He cannot deliver you! 15 Do not let Hezekiah persuade you to trust in the LORD when he says, 'The LORD will surely deliver us; this city will not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria.'

16 "Do not listen to Hezekiah. This is what the king of Assyria says: Make peace with me and come out to me. Then every one of you will eat from his own vine and fig tree and drink water from his own cistern, 17 until I come and take you to a land like your own—a land of grain and new wine, a land of bread and vineyards.

18 "Do not let Hezekiah mislead you when he says, 'The LORD will deliver us.' Has the god of any nation ever delivered his land from the hand of the king of Assyria? 19 Where are the gods of Hamath and Arpad? Where are the gods of Sepharvaim? Have they rescued Samaria from my hand? 20 Who of all the gods of these countries has been able to save his land from me? How then can the LORD deliver Jerusalem from my hand?"

21 But the people remained silent and said nothing in reply, because the king had commanded, "Do not answer him."

22 Then Eliakim son of Hilkiah the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary, and Joah son of Asaph the recorder went to Hezekiah, with their clothes torn, and told him what the field commander had said.

My Understanding: I printed off a commentary on this passage of scripture and began reading it to help me to understand what was going on here in this passage of scripture historically speaking. Then I saw an updated article on the situation between Russia and Georgia, so I printed it off, also, and began reading it. What happened next was really interesting. They were almost parallels of each other like the writers of the article today about the situation between Russia and Georgia (with the USA in the role of Egypt, perhaps) could have been writing about this historical event recorded in Isaiah 36.

Replace the Assyrian commander with the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and replace Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, with the capital city of Georgia, T'bilisi, and you have a nearly parallel story. Lavrov’s comments about Georgia today were so similar to the Assyrian commander’s mockery of the Jerusalemites in asking them who they were depending on for victory. Also, the Assyrian king mocked the people of Jerusalem for their dependency upon Egypt and the US-Georgia military cooperation angers Russia. Just as Isaiah and the Assyrian king noted that it would not be healthy for Jerusalem to depend on Egypt for their victory and in fact, it would be harmful, the Lord is saying the same thing about Georgia’s reliance on the USA.

Three men were chosen by Hezekiah to negotiate with the Assyrians just like the USA is sending a delegation over to Tbilisi (after going to France first) to reinforce U.S. efforts to “rally the world in defense of a free Georgia.”

Ok, back to the Assyrian king stating the harm that would come from Jerusalem depending on Egypt, he stated that “to depend on Egypt would be like leaning on a splintered reed-it would do no good and would even be harmful. In my dream, a child injured his hand/fingers and they had splinters/cinders in them. This all revolved around the “white house” and the “fake person” in the house “high up” and the mother desiring to go to Maryland and back for something but me being concerned about the time – an hour possibly referring to the hour of judgment to come upon the earth.

So, I believe the Lord is showing a parallel here between Jerusalem’s dependence on Egypt and Georgia’s dependence on the USA and that the “high place” with the “fake person” is paralleled to the high places that Hezekiah had removed. The covering of the “high place” indicates that we once had put idolatry aside but that now we were uncovering the “high place” and that we were placing a “fake person” in there to look like someone is at home. Also I sense that the Georgian president, at least, idolizes America (heard as much on an interview with Glenn Beck on CNN).

In this article which I have referred to, it states that a mother and child were among the refugees heading on the road to Tbilisi on the road from Gori. This is the opposite direction the woman and child wished to go in my dream as they were leaving the capital city to go to Maryland. The article also stated that a small blue van crowded with people inside had an “open back door” and in my dream the white house had an unlocked back door. I sense there is some symbolism there. Link to article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7725187

I wonder who the “fake person” will be that we are putting in the White House.

No comments: