Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Monday, August 25, 2008

The LORD's Chosen Ally

Monday, August 25, 2008, 9:40 a.m. – I woke out of A DREAM: I was concerned about getting my newspaper which I hadn’t gotten yet. Then, I was walking with another woman and two young children to go to lunch. The girl was the oldest and the boy was the younger.

I was told that this was a short walk to the restaurant, but it ended up being longer than I thought. The person with me walked out into the street and the two children followed her. I cautioned her not to step out into the street because the children would follow her, particularly the youngest one. There was a danger that he could get hit by a car. I said that is why we have sidewalks.

So, she and the children got back onto the sidewalk with me and we continued walking. Then the woman had to go to the bathroom. She saw a black car on the side of the road next to where we were walking on the sidewalk. There were five men inside – two in the front and three in the back. She had heard that these types of vehicles had toilets in them, so she knocked on the window of the back seat and asked if she could use their toilet.

The man sitting in the middle in the back had to get up so that they could pull down the middle section for her to sit on the toilet. Then, the young boy needed to go, too, so he went inside the car to use their toilet. Then we continued our walk to the restaurant. We turned left around a corner with a building on it and we eventually got to the restaurant.

There was a large group of us at the table eating together. The waiter walked away after seating us. He was not returning fast enough and I only had an hour for lunch and we had already taken a lot of time walking there, so I got up to go look for him. While I was gone, he returned. So, I went back and sat down at the table, but I was still concerned over the time. I had been left in charge of the business and I needed to get back to open the shop for the customers.

Anyway, I told our lunch companions about the stop to use the toilet. Since there were children present, I had to be discreet, so I said something about them using a toilet in a car and it was very “organized” (organized crime, i.e. the mob).

There was a man who sat across the table from me who said he dislikes Oreos. He said something to the effect of getting too much of them and that he was getting sick of them. END [I do know that the term “Oreo” is often used in reference to a racial mixture of white and black.]

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 48: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2048;&version=31;

Stubborn Israel
1 "Listen to this, O house of Jacob,
you who are called by the name of Israel
and come from the line of Judah,
you who take oaths in the name of the LORD
and invoke the God of Israel—
but not in truth or righteousness-
2 you who call yourselves citizens of the holy city
and rely on the God of Israel—
the LORD Almighty is his name…

"Listen to me, O Jacob,
Israel, whom I have called:
I am he;
I am the first and I am the last.
13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth,
and my right hand spread out the heavens;
when I summon them,
they all stand up together.

14 "Come together, all of you, and listen:
Which of the idols has foretold these things?
The LORD's chosen ally
will carry out his purpose against Babylon;
his arm will be against the Babylonians.

15 I, even I, have spoken;
yes, I have called him.
I will bring him,
and he will succeed in his mission.

16 "Come near me and listen to this:
"From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret;
at the time it happens, I am there."
And now the Sovereign LORD has sent me,
with his Spirit.

17 This is what the LORD says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"I am the LORD your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.

18 If only you had paid attention to my commands,
your peace would have been like a river,
your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

19 Your descendants would have been like the sand,
your children like its numberless grains;
their name would never be cut off
nor destroyed from before me."

20 Leave Babylon,
flee from the Babylonians!
Announce this with shouts of joy
and proclaim it.
Send it out to the ends of the earth;
say, "The LORD has redeemed his servant Jacob."

21 They did not thirst when he led them through the deserts;
he made water flow for them from the rock;
he split the rock
and water gushed out.

22 "There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked."

Then, the Lord put this song in my head, Let Us Pray / Steven Curtis Chapman

I hear you say your heart is aching You've got trouble in the making And you ask
if I'll be praying for you please And in keeping with conviction I'll say yes
with good intentions To pray later making mention of your needs But since we
have this moment here at heaven's door We should start knocking now, what are we
waiting for?

CHORUS: Let us pray, let us pray, everywhere in every
way Every moment of the day, it is the right time For the Father above, He is
listening with love And He wants to answer us, so let us pray

So
when we feel the Spirit moving Prompting, prodding and behooving There is no
time to be losing, let us pray Let the Father hear us saying What we need to be
conveying Even while this song is playing, let us pray And just because we say
the word, "Amen" It doesn't mean this conversation needs to end

Let us pray, let us pray, everywhere in every way Every moment of
the day, it is the right time Let us pray without end and when we finish start
again Like breathing out and breathing in, let us pray

Let us
approach the throne of grace with confidence As our prayers draw us near To the
One who knows our needs Before we even call His name

Let us pray
everywhere in every way Every moment of the day, it is the right time Let us
pray without end and when we finish start again Like breathing out and breathing
in, let us pray

No comments: