Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Envoys from Babylon

Sunday, August 17, 2008, 7:00 a.m. – I woke to this song in my head:

Can’t Live A Day / Avalon

I could live life alone
And never fill the longings of my heart
The healing warmth of someone's arms
And I could live without dreams
And never know the thrill of what could be
With every star so far and out of reach
I could live without many things
And I could carry on, but...

CHORUS
I couldn't face my life tomorrow
Without Your hope in my heart I know
I can't live a day without You
Lord, there's no night and there's no morning
Without Your loving arms to hold me
You're the heartbeat of all I do
I can't live a day without You

I could travel the world
See all the wonders beautiful and new
They'd only make me think of You
And I could have all life offers
Riches that were far beyond compare
To grant my every wish without a care
Oh, I could do anything, oh yes
But if You weren't in it all...

Oh, Jesus, I live because You live
You're like the air I breathe
Oh, Jesus, I have because You give
You're everything to me

I woke this morning to the crackling and bang of thunder and lightning as we had a huge thunderstorm going on outside. I also woke from A DREAM:

I was preparing food for a dinner with a guest or guests. Some of it, at least, was leftovers from the previous meal. I had limited food and we had an extra guest(s) (mouths) to feed. I divided one piece of meat into four sections while I left another piece whole (a hamburger patty). There were also some green beans.

I had plans to distribute the food to everyone, but I walked away for a minute and while I was gone, Frank, a man with a huge appetite, filled his own plate with most of the food because he didn’t think about the fact that other people had to eat, too.

After the meal was over, but we were all still sitting at the table, I said something to someone else at the table, possibly my husband, about the fact that Frank had helped himself to most of the food and that is why there was not much left over for everyone else. I didn’t think he heard me, but after we got up from the table, Frank was nowhere to be found, and then I was concerned that I had hurt his feelings. END

I also had another dream in which I was having my quiet time with the Lord and I was journaling my inquiries of the Lord. END These are the questions I asked the Lord last night before I went to bed:

1) Lord, if you would be willing to show me anything else concerning another’s dream that had an “f” and a “T” in it, and that you had shown us both was a reference to “Crawford, Texas,” I pray that you would do so.
2) Lord, if you would be willing to speak to me concerning these interviews that Rick Warren had with the presidential candidates last night, I pray you would do so.
3) And, Lord, what role, if any, did the USA have in initiating this conflict between Russia and Georgia?
4) Lord, I pray that you will put all the pieces to this puzzle together in your perfect timing. Amen!

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 39:

Envoys From Babylon
1 At that time Merodach-Baladan son of Baladan king of Babylon sent Hezekiah letters and a gift, because he had heard of his illness and recovery. 2 Hezekiah received the envoys gladly and showed them what was in his storehouses—the silver, the gold, the spices, the fine oil, his entire armory and everything found among his treasures. There was nothing in his palace or in all his kingdom that Hezekiah did not show them.
3 Then Isaiah the prophet went to King Hezekiah and asked, "What did those men say, and where did they come from?"
"From a distant land," Hezekiah replied. "They came to me from Babylon."

4 The prophet asked, "What did they see in your palace?"
"They saw everything in my palace," Hezekiah said. "There is nothing among my treasures that I did not show them."

5 Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, "Hear the word of the LORD Almighty: 6 The time will surely come when everything in your palace, and all that your fathers have stored up until this day, will be carried off to Babylon. Nothing will be left, says the LORD. 7 And some of your descendants, your own flesh and blood who will be born to you, will be taken away, and they will become eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon."

8 "The word of the LORD you have spoken is good," Hezekiah replied. For he thought, "There will be peace and security in my lifetime."

The Bible Knowledge Commentary: 39:1. Merodach-Baladan . . .
sent envoys from Babylon to Hezekiah with letters and a gift. Seemingly they
went to congratulate the king on his recovery. But there was probably more to it
than that. Merodach-Baladan was Marduk-apal-iddina, the invader (see comments on
21:1-10). Twice he had tried to break away from the Assyrian Empire, and once
had succeeded in taking the city of Babylon. After his second reign (of nine
months in 703-702 b.c.) he was deposed by Sennacherib and went to Elam. While
there (and while still known as the king of Babylon) he actively tried to form
an alliance with other nations to throw off the Assyrian yoke. Undoubtedly his
friendly visit after Hezekiah’s illness was intended to persuade the king of
Judah to join the rebel alliance in the fight against Assyria. This made
Hezekiah’s indiscretion all the worse in view of Isaiah’s words that God was
using Assyria to punish the whole region (chap. 10). The visit was also God’s
test of Hezekiah’s heart (2 Chron. 32:31). Merodach-Baladan‘ s visit preceded
Sennacherib’s attack on Jerusalem in 701 (since some of the wealth there had not
yet been given to Sennacherib as tribute, 2 Kings 18:16). Therefore it seems as
if all three events occurred in 701, in this order: Hezekiah’s illness,
Merodach-Baladan’s visit, Sennacherib’s attack.

39:2. In pride
Hezekiah . . . showed the Babylonian envoys everything of value in his
storehouses. . . . palace, and kingdom. Apparently Hezekiah was acting as if
those riches all belonged to him and not to God. Undoubtedly Hezekiah thought he
could impress the Babylonian emissaries, but they probably were thinking more of
his ability to pay great sums of money to aid in the fight against
Assyria.

39:3-7. When Isaiah heard of the foreigners’ visit, he
asked Hezekiah . . . what they said and where they came from. The king answered
the second question but not the first one. When the prophet learned that
Hezekiah had shown him all his treasures. . . . Isaiah gave him a two-part
prophecy of judgment. First, the king’s wealth would be carried off to Babylon.
That was an astounding statement at that time because the great threat then was
Assyria, not Babylon. The Babylonian envoys had come from a rebel force that was
on the run and that had been defeated repeatedly. Second, some of the king’s
descendants would be forced to serve in the royal court of Babylon. The
beginning of this was fulfilled in 605 b.c. when Daniel and a number of other
royal sons were taken into the king’s service in Babylon (Dan. 1:1-7). (On
eunuchs, sārîs, see comments on ”officials, “ Dan. 1:3.)

39:8.
Hezekiah felt glad that there would be peace and security during his days.

My Understanding: Wow! This sounds like George Bush is “Frank.” He has tried to form an alliance with other nations, like Poland, in order to throw off the Russian yoke, and he has tried to persuade the president of Georgia to join NATO (the rebel alliance) in the fight against Russia. And, the Lord has shown me through previous dreams, news events and scripture, that HE is using Russia to punish Georgia and the USA, I believe.

GW Bush, for all practical purposes, is the king of Babylon (Iraq being Babylon) and he has been called “the invader” for we have invaded both Iraq and Afghanistan. And, George W. Bush did pay a visit to the country of Georgia via Condoleeza Rice just a month prior to this conflict between Georgia and Russia. See this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/washington/13diplo.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

I believe the Lord has shown through this series of dreams and visions since July 31st that Georgia is like Jerusalem and that the USA is like both Egypt and Babylon in that Georgia has put her trust in them, in man, over God and God will judge both the one seeking man’s aid and the one who aids, i.e. the USA. Yet, I get the sense that this is more like “Sing a Song of Sixpence”. More to come…

No comments: