Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Other Doctor

Sunday, August 24, 2008, 7:51 a.m. – I woke this morning to this song:

The Twenty-First Time / Monk & Neagle

She may be a stranger tryin’ to get through the daybut what if it’s Jesus and I walk away?I say I’m the body and drink of the winebut I pretend not to see her for the twenty-first time

This is a call for a change in my heartI realize that I’ve not been doin’ my partwhen I needed a Savior, I found it in HimHe gave to me, now I’ll give back to them

Drifter or stranger, father or sonI’ll look for Jesus in every one’cause I am the body and drink of the wineand I’m thankful there’s more than the twenty-first time

I also woke from A DREAM: Someone asked me to go to a doctor’s office in order to help someone; to solve a problem and/or to be a witness against and/or to help another doctor with a problem he had. I was given a stack of stuff to take in with me like books. When I got there, the people in the doctor’s office told me to go into a room and to remove my clothing, like they thought I was a patient there, but I told them I wasn’t a patient but that I was there to help someone; to be a witness.

Then they sent me into this room with a group of people but no one wanted to work on the problem – the problem that involved this other doctor from another office. I finally decided to leave because no one was willing to work on this. When I left, someone gave me some containers of leftover food to take home with me, only I threw them both out as I left. There was something in here about using secular means for problem solving and that didn’t feel right to me.

Then there was a scene with our middle son, his wife and our grandchildren. They were spending the night with us. John and Faith were sleeping on a pull-out full-size bed (like a sleeper sofa) out in an open area right near sliding-glass doors that led to a porch outside. I thought we were going to get this doctor to spend the night so that we could help him, but he never showed up. We would have had to rearrange the sleeping arrangements in order to make room for him.

The next morning, John and Faith’s full-size bed was split in half like twin beds and one was moved so that where the two beds met together, it was at a 90 degree angle. Then someone took one of the beds out the sliding-glass doors and out on to the porch and then he/they invited me to use it out there. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 46: Gods of Babylon

1 Bel bows down, Nebo stoops low;
their idols are borne by beasts of burden.
The images that are carried about are burdensome,
a burden for the weary.
2 They stoop and bow down together;
unable to rescue the burden,
they themselves go off into captivity.

3 "Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
all you who remain of the house of Israel,
you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
and have carried since your birth.

4 Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

5 "To whom will you compare me or count me equal?
To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?

6 Some pour out gold from their bags
and weigh out silver on the scales;
they hire a goldsmith to make it into a god,
and they bow down and worship it.

7 They lift it to their shoulders and carry it;
they set it up in its place, and there it stands.
From that spot it cannot move.
Though one cries out to it, it does not answer;
it cannot save him from his troubles.

8 "Remember this, fix it in mind,
take it to heart, you rebels.

9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
what I have planned, that will I do.

12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted,
you who are far from righteousness.

13 I am bringing my righteousness near,
it is not far away;
and my salvation will not be delayed.
I will grant salvation to Zion,
my splendor to Israel.

My Understanding: Even though I believe this may have a political application and that I may be representing Hillary again, to some extent, I believe the Lord has given me a more personal application which is also for the church, I believe.

The Lord has called me (and others) to be His witness(es) to the church because of the idolatry and false teaching that is going on within the church. The Lord supplied me with all I would need for this task. Although this ministry has certainly been one that necessitated my transparency (disrobing, so to speak) concerning my own life, I believe in this context that the Lord has another meaning in mind concerning the request for removing my clothing so that I could be treated like a patient.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am clothed with Christ and I have on the armor of God. The “disrobing” here, I believe, was a request to remove any semblance of the ministry to which God has called me so that they could treat me with their “medicine.” In a previous dream, Suitcase Full of Money, the Lord gave me a personal application to that one about the treasures he has given to me and how he had unzipped the suitcase to reveal what was inside but that I had zipped it back up. In that dream, the man-star pastor asked me to “dance,” i.e. to “lip sync,” but I told him “I don’t dance.” Well, that happened a few days following that in real life.

In this present church we’ve been visiting, one of the pastors asked me not to bring up anything about the ministry God has called me to but I told him I can’t do that. I told him it was not my objective to go in there to promote my ministry but that I also had to be obedient to the Lord in saying whatever he told me to say, and if he said to speak, I had to speak. Evidently, all that was relayed to the man-star pastor is that I had agreed not to promote my ministry, i.e. not to bring it up in any way.

After the Lord gave me the dream about the suitcase, I inquired of him as to how I had zipped up the suitcase that he had unzipped. He reminded me of something he had put in my mind to say at our last small group meeting. I didn’t say it - how God had been preparing me all my life through all my life experiences for this ministry to which he has called me – for such a time as this.

So, I redid my signature for my e-mails and I included a link to my blog (I unzipped the treasure suitcase), i.e. I invited them to my house only they didn’t show up. Then I received both an e-mail and a phone call from the star pastor asking me to remove that link from my signature and to not bring up the ministry God has given me. I said I couldn’t do that, so he invited us to leave. So, he asked me to “dance” and I said “I don’t dance,” so he removed me and my husband from the small group.

The full-size bed in our house represents a covenant relationship between the Lord and his bride, I believe, but in this case it was a “pull-out” bed right inside “sliding-glass doors.” A bed that is a pull-out is something you just bring out when you have guests so it represents a convenience-based relationship with the Lord. The sliding-glass doors (Jesus is The Door) represent easy-believism, i.e. a door to heaven which skates, slips, skims, and slithers. It is a flexible gospel which appeals to the flesh of man. It is not a firm, solid door, i.e. it is not The One and Only Door, which is Jesus Christ. So, that causes a division between the church and the Lord. By placing one half of the bed outside for my use, it has to do not only with the church booting the Lord out the doors of the church, but with this specific church asking me to leave and thus separating me from the rest of that body of Christ.

No comments: