Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nose Hairs

Monday, August 04, 2008, 8:18 a.m. – I woke from A DREAM: Our family was living in an apartment complex. There was mold on the walls of our apartment that I was in the process of cleaning up. Our apartment had a window with a view that was not pretty. My family began visiting an apartment of a neighbor man down at the end of the hall. Soon they decided that they liked his apartment better than ours, so they began hanging out there all the time and talked about moving in there.

This neighbor man’s apartment was roomier than ours and it had sliding glass doors to an outside porch with spokes in the railing that were far apart from each other so that a child could easily slip between the posts. This was not a first floor apartment, so I was concerned about a child (one of my grandchildren) walking out there and slipping between the posts in the railing and falling to his/her death. I was thinking of putting a screen around the outside of the railing for the protection of the children but did not know if the management of the apartment complex would allow it.

One day while my family was at this other apartment and I was locking the doors to our apartment, someone kidnapped me and tortured me to try to get me to give up my family, particularly my grandchildren, but I would not. I saw a man being tortured where they were pulling on (or out) his nose hairs, but he would not yield, either.

Finally I was released, but I went home to an empty apartment. My family was on vacation with this man from the other apartment and they didn’t even miss me. Even after they saw that I was back, they did not inquire after me to see where I had been. Finally I burst out that I had been tortured but they didn’t even seem to care about that.

I think my husband finally came over to listen to what I was saying, yet there seemed to be no comprehension on his part, either, as to what I really went through. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 23:6-9; 24:1-19:

An oracle concerning Tyre:

... Cross over to Tarshish;
wail, you people of the island.

7 Is this your city of revelry,
the old, old city,
whose feet have taken her
to settle in far-off lands?

8 Who planned this against Tyre,
the bestower of crowns,
whose merchants are princes,
whose traders are renowned in the earth?

9 The LORD Almighty planned it,
to bring low the pride of all glory
and to humble all who are renowned on the earth.

Isaiah 24: See, the LORD is going to lay waste the earth
and devastate it;
he will ruin its face
and scatter its inhabitants…

3 The earth will be completely laid waste
and totally plundered.
The LORD has spoken this word…

5 The earth is defiled by its people;
they have disobeyed the laws,
violated the statutes
and broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore a curse consumes the earth;
its people must bear their guilt.
Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up,
and very few are left.

7 The new wine dries up and the vine withers;
all the merrymakers groan.

8 The gaiety of the tambourines is stilled,
the noise of the revelers has stopped,
the joyful harp is silent...

10 The ruined city lies desolate;
the entrance to every house is barred…

12 The city is left in ruins,
its gate is battered to pieces…

16 From the ends of the earth we hear singing:
"Glory to the Righteous One."
But I said, "I waste away, I waste away!
Woe to me!
The treacherous betray!
With treachery the treacherous betray!"

17 Terror and pit and snare await you,
O people of the earth.

18 Whoever flees at the sound of terror
will fall into a pit;
whoever climbs out of the pit
will be caught in a snare.
The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake.

19 The earth is broken up,
the earth is split asunder,
the earth is thoroughly shaken…

My Understanding: I see that this apartment complex is representative both of the universal church and the USA. The mold has to do with organisms that live by absorbing nutrients from living things; that causes living things to decay. The mold was on the wall and a wall in this instance seems to be symbolic of enormous power; leaders; the Kingdom of God, i.e. the church, and it is also a symbol of protection and defense. So, what I see is corruption in government in the USA and/or in the leadership of the church which is causing decay in the church/government, i.e. the corruption is causing the government and/or church structure to crumble, corrode, waste away, rot and perish, leaving both the church in America and our nation without adequate protection and defense against both natural and spiritual enemies.

Our apartment window had a view that was not pretty, i.e. the revelation knowledge that has been revealed by God through his servants does not paint a pretty picture of our future both as a nation and as a people of God in America. There are many, many warnings of danger and of coming judgment if the church in America and America as a nation does not repent and turn back to God. Rather than seeing the mold on the wall and the view out the window and doing something about it, the family of God would rather “play” or go on vacation and just ignore the condition we are in as a church and as a nation. I see the neighbor man’s apartment as following after false teaching and/or following man instead of God.

The neighbor man’s apartment was roomier than ours and the spokes on the railing off of the porch that were meant for protection had gaps in them to where a child could fall through. This is representing easy believism and the wide path to heaven which is a straight path to hell. The sliding glass doors represent a door to heaven which skates, slips, skims, and slithers. It is a flexible gospel which appeals to the flesh of man. It is not a firm, solid door, i.e. it is not The One and Only Door, which is Jesus Christ. I am concerned about not only my grandchildren and children but all people that they are believing this false gospel and that they will slip right through those gaps in the railing and will fall right down to the pit.

I, representing the Lord, wanted to put a screen around the outside of the railing for protection but was not sure if the management would allow it, i.e. the church and government leaders. Although God is all powerful and sovereign, he also gives us free wills. The idea of a screen is not only to keep the children from falling out, but it is also for the purpose of sifting out and providing protection from outside influences. I believe this also applies to the Lord’s servants giving these messages of coming judgment and calls for repentance and renewed faith in Jesus Christ as a means of putting a screen around the railing, i.e. as protection, but it seems most leaders do not want to hear it or to heed the warnings.

Ok, the dream shifts then to the time of judgment that has been warned about and people’s doors are being locked (see 24:10), and involved in all of this is also a time of political and religious persecution, i.e. The Tribulation period spoken about in Revelation. This is the time when God will bring to an end the existing human order. There will be revival (see 24:16-20) and praise to God mixed with sorrow, especially sorrow at the persecution of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Yet, there will also be apathy and lack of compassion among those who still don’t get it.

The nose hairs in the man being tortured represent another form of protection (3 in all). The nose is often a symbol of discernment and the hairs serve as filters to protect breathing, i.e. life, so I see this as religious and political persecution.

No comments: