Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Forty Four

Monday, September 08, 2008, 1:44 a.m. – I woke from A DREAM: My middle son, John, and his wife, Faith, had placed their kids in something or behind something with what looked like two wheels, but with no adult supervision. They did this twice – two different times and two different locations.

At one location there was what looked like a rubber band stretched across and through some kind of machine in order to make it work (make-shift). The machine looked kind of like the inside of a car wash or had some type of tracks and the rubber band helped it to slide in and out.

Finally someone reported the fact that the children were without adult supervision in these places so the authorities were called in. END Then I had a tune in my head but I don’t know any of the words.

I went to bed and then I remembered that from watching the news and from watching a National Geographic documentary on the events of 9/11/01, that I was reminded that Sarah Palin is 44 years old and she is vying for the vice presidency of our 44th presidency in our nation. Also, I learned that 44 people were killed in the airline, flight 93 which was headed for the capital building that day and which crashed in a field possibly due to the heroic efforts of the passengers in the plane. And, in this dream the children were behind two wheels two times in two locations and I saw the 2 wheels X2 times and 2 wheels X2 locations as also two sets of 4.

2:42 a.m. – I woke again with the same wordless song going through my head.

5:00 a.m. – I woke to this song in my head:

You Are Beautiful My Sweet, Sweet Song / Third Day

You are so good to me
You heal my broken heart
You are my Father in heaven (2x)
You ride upon the clouds
You lead me to the truth
You are the Spirit inside me (2x)
You poured out all your blood
You died upon the cross
You are my Jesus who loves me (2x)

You are beautiful my sweet, sweet, song (3x)
I will sing again

You are my strong melody
You are my dancing rhythm
You are my perfect rhyme
And I want to sing forever


Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Jeremiah 4:5-31:

Disaster From the North
5 "Announce in Judah and proclaim in Jerusalem and say:
'Sound the trumpet throughout the land!'
Cry aloud and say:
'Gather together!
Let us flee to the fortified cities!'
6 Raise the signal to go to Zion!
Flee for safety without delay!
For I am bringing disaster from the north,
even terrible destruction."

7 A lion has come out of his lair;
a destroyer of nations has set out.
He has left his place
to lay waste your land.
Your towns will lie in ruins
without inhabitant.
8 So put on sackcloth,
lament and wail,
for the fierce anger of the LORD
has not turned away from us.
9 "In that day," declares the LORD,
"the king and the officials will lose heart,
the priests will be horrified,
and the prophets will be appalled."

10 Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

11 At that time this people and Jerusalem will be told, "A scorching wind from the barren heights in the desert blows toward my people, but not to winnow or cleanse; 12 a wind too strong for that comes from me. Now I pronounce my judgments against them."

13 Look! He advances like the clouds,
his chariots come like a whirlwind,
his horses are swifter than eagles.
Woe to us! We are ruined!
14 O Jerusalem, wash the evil from your heart and be saved.
How long will you harbor wicked thoughts?
15 A voice is announcing from Dan,
proclaiming disaster from the hills of Ephraim.
16 "Tell this to the nations,
proclaim it to Jerusalem:
'A besieging army is coming from a distant land,
raising a war cry against the cities of Judah.

17 They surround her like men guarding a field,
because she has rebelled against me,' "
declares the LORD.
18 "Your own conduct and actions
have brought this upon you.
This is your punishment.
How bitter it is!
How it pierces to the heart!"
19 Oh, my anguish, my anguish!
I writhe in pain.
Oh, the agony of my heart!
My heart pounds within me,
I cannot keep silent.
For I have heard the sound of the trumpet;
I have heard the battle cry.

20 Disaster follows disaster;
the whole land lies in ruins.
In an instant my tents are destroyed,
my shelter in a moment.
21 How long must I see the battle standard
and hear the sound of the trumpet?
22 "My people are fools;
they do not know me.
They are senseless children;
they have no understanding.
They are skilled in doing evil;
they know not how to do good."

23 I looked at the earth,
and it was formless and empty;
and at the heavens,
and their light was gone.
24 I looked at the mountains,
and they were quaking;
all the hills were swaying.
25 I looked, and there were no people;
every bird in the sky had flown away.
26 I looked, and the fruitful land was a desert;
all its towns lay in ruins
before the LORD, before his fierce anger.

27 This is what the LORD says:
"The whole land will be ruined,
though I will not destroy it completely.
28 Therefore the earth will mourn
and the heavens above grow dark,
because I have spoken and will not relent,
I have decided and will not turn back."
29 At the sound of horsemen and archers
every town takes to flight.
Some go into the thickets;
some climb up among the rocks.
All the towns are deserted;
no one lives in them.

30 What are you doing, O devastated one?
Why dress yourself in scarlet
and put on jewels of gold?
Why shade your eyes with paint?
You adorn yourself in vain.
Your lovers despise you;
they seek your life.
31 I hear a cry as of a woman in labor,
a groan as of one bearing her first child—
the cry of the Daughter of Zion gasping for breath,
stretching out her hands and saying,
"Alas! I am fainting;
my life is given over to murderers."


I also saw a news article about both VP hopefuls' sons going to Iraq and it made me think of this dream with John and Faith and them placing their kids behind these two wheels in two different locations (Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps).

So, I see a multi-faceted understanding of that dream, both in relation to the economy and to the war in Iraq, yet both point to John McCain as the 44th president of the US which means war.

A friend mentioned the term "liquidity," and then I remembered that I was going to look up "elasticity" in relation to this dream and the rubber band and then I put the two together and realized that the rubber band was in what looked like a car wash (liquidity), so here are the meanings:

Liquidity (the car wash): assets that can easily be converted into cash.
Elasticity (the rubber band): the relative change in an economic variable, e.g. demand, that occurs in reaction to changes in other variables, e.g. price or advertising input.

I also looked up "track" which has many meanings. I've narrowed it down to several that I feel are the most sensible in this context:

Track: engineering the distance between a pair of wheels (interesting since a pair of wheels was in this dream), e.g. between the front wheels of a motor vehicle; to be in alignment or the correct distance apart; a course of action; to follow the progress or development of something; path or schedule.

The children here must be the stockholders of FM and FM who were without supervision so the authorities, i.e. the US government, were called in.

Ok, the children were behind these two wheels:
Wheel: the system or influences controlling the way something functions or operates.

Ok, the rubber band was stretched across some kind of machine:
Machine: an organized group of people that controls or directs something, especially a political group.

The two times (1968 and 1970?) and the two places - Fannie and Freddie?

No comments: