Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Great Divide

Tuesday, September 02, 2008, 7:52 a.m. – I woke with this song in my head:

My Jesus, My Savior / Michael W. Smith

Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing,
Power and majesty, praise to the King!
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar,
At the sound of your name!
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You...

I also woke from A DREAM: We had ordered food from a fast food seafood restaurant. The order contained some kind of fish strips, but when I took a bite into one, there was a huge cockroach in it where the fish should have been, like it was a breaded cockroach instead of breaded and fried fish. I immediately spit it out of my mouth. I believe more than one piece was cockroach-infested, too. So I threw out the entire order into the back yard.

Then, I realized that some of it had fallen onto the neighbor’s yard to the right of us, so I went out to retrieve it. There was a path deeply cut out of the earth in between our yard and the yard of our next door neighbor. The phrase “the great divide” was going through my head as I thought about this path cut out of the earth. So, I cleaned the discarded cockroach-infested fish from the neighbor’s yard as well as from this path cut out of the earth and I moved it back into our yard.

Then, I warned my oldest son David (not living with us) to not order fish from this restaurant anymore because evidently it was one of his favorite fast food restaurants. I was also trying to get the children in my household to go to bed. END


From Wikipedia, The Great Divide, also called the Continental
Divide, separates the watersheds of the Pacific Ocean from those of the Atlantic
or Arctic Oceans. It runs from the Seward Peninsula in Alaska, through western
Canada along the crest of the Rocky Mountains to New Mexico. From there, it
follows the crest of Mexico's Sierra Madre Occidental and extends to the tip of
South America. It is crossed by the Panama Canal… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Divide

Monday, September 01, 2008, 11:56 p.m. – I was in bed praying when I saw A VISION: I saw the face of Hillary Clinton with bright lipstick on her lips and she was smiling and happy. Then I saw another woman. I sensed it was Sarah Palin, but I kept hearing the name “Jennifer Flowers.” Then I saw a person in a crouching position and then that person turned into a beetle. END

I asked the Lord for a confirmation of this and then I had the dream this morning about the “great divide.” Alaska made me think about Sarah Palin. I wonder if she is, perhaps, a "Jennifer Flowers" politically speaking for Hillary Clinton.

Beetle: an insect belonging to a large order characterized by a modified outer pair of wings that forms a hard covering for the inner pair. Order: Coleoptera (Encarta). I sense that the Beetle here represents the Republican Party and that the outer (or inner) pair of wings are McCain and Palin.

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. Then I read Isaiah 60:

The Glory of Zion
1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
2 See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.

3 Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn.

4 "Lift up your eyes and look about you:
All assemble and come to you;
your sons come from afar,
and your daughters are carried on the arm.

5 Then you will look and be radiant,
your heart will throb and swell with joy;
the wealth on the seas will be brought to you,
to you the riches of the nations will come…

10 "Foreigners will rebuild your walls,
and their kings will serve you.
Though in anger I struck you,
in favor I will show you compassion.

11 Your gates will always stand open,
they will never be shut, day or night,
so that men may bring you the wealth of the nations—
their kings led in triumphal procession.

12 For the nation or kingdom that will not serve you will perish;
it will be utterly ruined…

14 The sons of your oppressors will come bowing before you;
all who despise you will bow down at your feet
and will call you the City of the LORD,
Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

15 "Although you have been forsaken and hated,
with no one traveling through,
I will make you the everlasting pride
and the joy of all generations.

16 You will drink the milk of nations
and be nursed at royal breasts.
Then you will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior,
your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

17 Instead of bronze I will bring you gold,
and silver in place of iron.
Instead of wood I will bring you bronze,
and iron in place of stones.
I will make peace your governor
and righteousness your ruler.

18 No longer will violence be heard in your land,
nor ruin or destruction within your borders,
but you will call your walls Salvation
and your gates Praise.

19 The sun will no more be your light by day,
nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
and your God will be your glory…

My Understanding: I have a sense that this dream is about Sarah Palin and that she represents the "fast-food" piece of "fish" I bit into only to discover that it was really a cockroach, not a fish. A fish is a term used to describe a believer in Jesus Christ, which she is claiming to be. Sarah is originally from Idaho, which is on my side of the continental divide and she presently lives in Alaska on the other side of the continental divide from me and from most of America.

I'm thinking right now that the fact that she is originally from my side and then she moved to the other side represents that I (whoever I represent) am throwing her - the cockroach disguised as a fish - into the neighbor's yard (Alaska) only to go retrieve her and bring her back into our yard (the other side of the divide). A back yard frequently symbolizes something in the past or something hidden.

Most of this passage of scripture is about the future but there are some brief references to Israel’s past. To apply it to today, we need to understand that in NT terms, the City of the LORD that in the OT was the City of David, thus the use of my son David in the dream, is now the church of God, the heavenly Jerusalem. So, I am warning the universal true church about “biting into cockroaches disguised as fish.”

Ok, back to the vision from last night, I saw Hillary as wearing bright lipstick and lips symbolize our words and she was also smiling and happy and then I read Isaiah 60 about Zion looking radiant (happy; glowing; bright) and that is why I asked the Lord for a confirmation. I take it that he is saying she is or will be a true believer or else she is a personification of Zion in that she was rejected and she has in a sense been replaced with “another woman,” i.e. Sarah Palin. But, the Lord is promising her a future hope.

V. 21 foreshadows the declarations in Rev. 21-22 that only those cleansed of sin may have any part in God’s city (NIV Commentary).

I believe that the crouching person that turned into a beetle is representative of the Republican Party and that the “crouching” has to do with bending at the knee and bowing, and although I don’t fully comprehend this, it appears that they will bow the knee to Hillary. This is also symbolic of the great divide between non-Christians and Christians and how some non-Christians have gotten mixed in with Christians (the weeds growing up with the wheat until the harvest) but that one day those outside the city of God will bow the knee to those inside.

No comments: