Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Monday, September 15, 2008

Biden's Girl

Monday, September 15, 2008, 8:39 a.m. – I woke to this song:

My Jesus, My Savior / Michael W. Smith

My Jesus, My Saviour,
Lord there is no one like you,
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love.
My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing,
Power and majesty, praise to the King!
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar,
At the sound of your name!
I sing for joy at the work of your hands,
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.


I also woke from A DREAM: I was on a huge tour bus. I got on in the back of the bus and walked all the way to the front to sit down. I nearly climbed over the front bench to sit in the front row, but then I decided not to, so I sat down in a seat near the front on the left. There was an extra section to my right out in the isle which was like a pillow where I could rest my head.

My husband (in real life) sat maybe ¾ of the way back on the right. He invited me to come back and to sit with him, but I remained where I was seated. Then, a young man came and sat behind me or next to me and he began to get fresh with me, i.e. he did something disgusting towards me. That is when I decided to go back and to sit with my husband.

We all had to enter the bus through the back and then to work our way up to the front, but after most of us were seated in the bus, someone opened the front door to let some people or one person in. One of them was a preacher I knew who was really into sports. The driver of the bus had connected with this preacher through the love of the game and that is why I think he was let in through the front door.

The dream ended with me stating or hearing someone say “I was Biden’s girl.” END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Jeremiah 17:1-18:

1 "Judah's sin is engraved with an iron tool,
inscribed with a flint point,
on the tablets of their hearts
and on the horns of their altars.
2 Even their children remember
their altars and Asherah poles
beside the spreading trees
and on the high hills.
3 My mountain in the land
and your wealth and all your treasures
I will give away as plunder,
together with your high places,
because of sin throughout your country.

4 Through your own fault you will lose
the inheritance I gave you.
I will enslave you to your enemies
in a land you do not know,
for you have kindled my anger,
and it will burn forever."
5 This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.
8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."
9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

10 "I the LORD search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
according to what his deeds deserve."
11 Like a partridge that hatches eggs it did not lay
is the man who gains riches by unjust means.
When his life is half gone, they will desert him,
and in the end he will prove to be a fool
.
12 A glorious throne, exalted from the beginning,
is the place of our sanctuary.

13 O LORD, the hope of Israel,
all who forsake you will be put to shame.
Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust
because they have forsaken the LORD,
the spring of living water.
14 Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise.
15 They keep saying to me,
"Where is the word of the LORD ?
Let it now be fulfilled!"

16 I have not run away from being your shepherd;
you know I have not desired the day of despair.
What passes my lips is open before you.
17 Do not be a terror to me;
you are my refuge in the day of disaster.
18 Let my persecutors be put to shame,
but keep me from shame;
let them be terrified,
but keep me from terror.
Bring on them the day of disaster;
destroy them with double destruction.


My Understanding: I see this bus both in the realm of the church and the political arena. First I will focus on the political arena. I believe the bus represents the campaign trail that these presidential candidates have been on for about two years. And, I believe I’m representing Hillary Clinton again.

Hillary was on the campaign trail for a long time. She began at the back of the bus, so to speak, and has worked her way to the front. She nearly climbed over that bench into the democrat’s nomination for the presidency, but then she didn’t. Her “husband” invited her to sit with him. I don’t know if this is her real life husband or if this is meant to be taken metaphorically. He is sitting on the right side of the bus. If the right side is intended as “Republican,” that would not be Bill Clinton. If the right and left are the division of those in the race vs. those out, then it could be Bill. It could be that John McCain invited her to run with him, but she didn’t.

So, Hillary remained near the front on the left. Then, someone did something disgusting to her – not sure who – and that is when she decided to take her husband’s offer to go sit with him.

I’m not sure the order of this, but somewhere in here a “preacher” gets let in through the front door. “He” is someone into sports. I get the sense that the Lord is showing me a preacher I know in real life but that he is actually representing Sarah Palin who got let in the front door of the bus due to her “connections.” Everyone else had put in his or her time on the trail in order to move their way to the front, but it really was like she was just let in the front door. And, she is big into sports.

I just learned that this pastor is leaving this church. Many leaders in the church had tried to get rid of him for a long time because of bad things he did but they never could get him out. Now, he is leaving. If this is to be paralleled over to Sarah Palin, then this could be related to the investigation she is under due to some decisions she made in office in Alaska.

Biden recently made the comment that Hillary would have been a better VP pick than him. So, it could be translated that she was “Biden’s girl.”

The key verse in this passage of scripture is v. 11 where it states that if a man gains riches by unjust means that when his life is half gone he will be deserted and will be proven in the end to be a fool. I do believe this applies to this pastor and perhaps the Lord is also applying it to Sarah Palin.

No comments: