Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Sunday, September 07, 2008, 8:37 a.m. – I woke to A DREAM: I took some children with me to a swimming pool. They were getting stamps on their hands, like those temporary tattoos they put on your hands at the amusement parks so that if you leave, you can gain reentry without having to pay again. I may have been assisting with this, but that is fuzzy.

The pool had two levels. I asked one girl if she could swim. She said she could, so I tossed her into the water of the next pool, which I think was deeper and may have been at a lower level. Then, after we swam a little, I wanted to leave. I told the kids, “You know I don’t last very long swimming.” So, I went to gather the kids up to leave.

There was a woman at the pool who had twin girls. She cut one girl’s hair shorter than the other so that she could tell them apart from each other.

We got into the car to go get some breakfast. I was getting ready to call my husband to see if he and the boys would like to meet us at a restaurant.

Somewhere in here I met up with a man who worked at the library. He told me I had an overdue book from when I was in college 40 years ago. Then, someone else handed me two bills for two overdue books. I opened the envelopes to look at the bills. To my shock and dismay, one bill was for $1400 something and the other was for $1500 something. The two bills together came to around $3,000.

I exclaimed, “$3,000! How do you expect me to pay $3,000 for books I didn’t even remember I had?” The man helped me to find one of the books in the trunk of my car, but I had no clue where the other one could be. I told the people that I was upset because I had never received a phone call or a reminder notice about these overdue books.

Then, a woman showed me two receipts with my signature at the bottom of each of them. She asked if those were my signatures and I said, “Yes.” Then she reminded me that when I signed those receipts that I had agreed to pay fines or to return the books on time. I was hoping that they certainly would not ask me for the whole $3,000. I was rehearsing in my mind what I was going to tell my husband. It just seemed like everything was crashing in on us. END

Then, I woke up, sat up and recorded this dream and then the Lord gave this song:

Praise You in This Storm / Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now, God You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth


Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Jeremiah 3:6-18:

Unfaithful Israel
6 During the reign of King Josiah, the LORD said to me, "Have you seen what faithless Israel has done? She has gone up on every high hill and under every spreading tree and has committed adultery there. 7 I thought that after she had done all this she would return to me but she did not, and her unfaithful sister Judah saw it. 8 I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery. 9 Because Israel's immorality mattered so little to her, she defiled the land and committed adultery with stone and wood. 10 In spite of all this, her unfaithful sister Judah did not return to me with all her heart, but only in pretense," declares the LORD.
11 The LORD said to me, "Faithless Israel is more righteous than unfaithful Judah. 12 Go, proclaim this message toward the north:
" 'Return, faithless Israel,' declares the LORD,
'I will frown on you no longer,
for I am merciful,' declares the LORD,
'I will not be angry forever.
13 Only acknowledge your guilt—
you have rebelled against the LORD your God,
you have scattered your favors to foreign gods
under every spreading tree,
and have not obeyed me,' "
declares the LORD.

14 "Return, faithless people," declares the LORD, "for I am your husband. I will choose you—one from a town and two from a clan—and bring you to Zion. 15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding. 16 In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land," declares the LORD, "men will no longer say, 'The ark of the covenant of the LORD.' It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made. 17 At that time they will call Jerusalem The Throne of the LORD, and all nations will gather in Jerusalem to honor the name of the LORD. No longer will they follow the stubbornness of their evil hearts. 18 In those days the house of Judah will join the house of Israel, and together they will come from a northern land to the land I gave your forefathers as an inheritance.


Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080907/D931VS300.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Home_Loan_Mortgage_Corporation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_National_Mortgage_Association

There were five sets of TWO in this dream:
1. Two pools - one lower and deeper than the other
2. Two twin girls - one with a hair cut shorter than the other
3. Two books - one found and the other lost
4. Two bills - one greater in numerical value than the other but combined together came to around $3,000 +/-
5. Two signed receipts of equal value as far as the agreement to pay a specified fine per day or to return the books on time

There was one set of TWO in this passage of scripture:
1. Faithless Israel and unfaithful Judah - unfaithful Judah has a greater offense to God than faithless Israel

There is a call to "return" to the Lord (like these books needed to return to the library or pay a fine). The fine is overdue and is being called upon to pay now. One book had to have been taken out at a later date since one fine was greater than the other (Fannie Mae, 1968, Freddie Mac, 1970). The older one should have been an example to the younger one.

I read this in a commentary and I have seen this applied to today's church in America: "In spite of her sins, Judah considered herself favored beyond the possibility of judgment on her." That really is the attitude of the church in America and America as a nation. The commentary continues... "Israel had become apostasy personified. Thus Judah had learned nothing from the tragic fate of Israel, whose apostasies had led her into exile...

"Furthermore, it was not as though the Lord had not shown patience with the northern kingdom, for he had waited for her to repent. But she did not. And Judah, called "unfaithful," witnessed these dealings and their consequences but remained unmoved...

"To make matters worse, Judah pretended repentance under the reforms of Josiah..." (Zondervan NIV Commentary)

No comments: