Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, September 5, 2008

Class Assignments

Friday, September 05, 2008, 6:27 a.m. – I woke to this song in my head:

My Jesus, My Savior / Michael W. Smith

My Jesus, My Savior, Lord there is no one like You,
All of my days, I want to praise the wonders of Your mighty love.
My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am never cease to worship You.
Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing, power and majesty, praise to the King!
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar, at the sound of your name!
I sing for joy at the work of your hands, forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.


I also woke from A DREAM: I went back to school and so did my youngest son (military). I visited the Christian club on campus. I had previously been the president of this club. I was led to believe they were in need of leadership.

I got to the meeting and a woman showed up who seemed to be in charge, so I helped her with getting everything ready for the meeting, such as preparing the table with the food on it. In the process of this I learned she was the new president. So, I offered my assistance with whatever she needed.

Then, we sat down for the meeting. I was sitting in the front row, so I turned around from where I was seated and looked around the room and saw some people I knew. I waved, but they did not see me and/or they just did not acknowledge me. The woman president and her husband were seated behind me.

I could hear music playing in the next room, so I began to quietly sing along. The woman’s husband noticed me singing. Then I told the woman that if she needed anyone to sing and/or to teach anytime that I would be glad to help, but she acted as though she didn’t want my help, as though there was jealousy or a feeling of competition, but I was just offering to help.

Then our advisor of the club, an Afro-American Christian woman named Christine, came up to talk with us. She told the woman (or I did) that I had previously been the president and she told her that I had a large list of Bible study topics and passages of scripture that I could teach from, so she was encouraging the new president to use me, but again, the woman did not seem interested.

Then I went to the Registrar’s Office to get class assignments for my (military) son, so I asked for directions as to where to go and someone pointed me in the right direction. I went into the room, but there was a very long line of people seated and waiting their turn to get their assignments, so I sat down at the end of the line.

I asked a young man next to me to save my place while I went down the hall to the financial aid offices and the cashier’s office where I used to work. I wanted to see if there was anyone still there that I knew, but they were all gone, though one woman looked like she could have been the daughter of a previous employee. Then, I went back to the place in line reserved for my son. Someone told me that the young man next to me did save my place by putting something next to my place and I looked in a room and saw an orange and white striped cat and a matching kitten.

Then, it came time for me to go into the room to get my son’s assignments and then he showed up and so I let him go into the room to get his assignments and then I was next to get my assignments. After that, I was on my way back to the main campus when I sensed someone was going to jump out of the bushes and rape me, but then it appeared I had some control over the outcome of the story and could choose how it ended. That is when I woke up. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 65:1-16:

Judgment and Salvation
1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'
2 All day long I have held out my hands
to an obstinate people,
who walk in ways not good,
pursuing their own imaginations-
3 a people who continually provoke me
to my very face,
offering sacrifices in gardens
and burning incense on altars of brick;
4 who sit among the graves
and spend their nights keeping secret vigil;
who eat the flesh of pigs,
and whose pots hold broth of unclean meat;
5 who say, 'Keep away; don't come near me,
for I am too sacred for you!'
Such people are smoke in my nostrils,
a fire that keeps burning all day.

6 "See, it stands written before me:
I will not keep silent but will pay back in full;
I will pay it back into their laps-
7 both your sins and the sins of your fathers,"
says the LORD.
"Because they burned sacrifices on the mountains
and defied me on the hills,
I will measure into their laps
the full payment for their former deeds."
8 This is what the LORD says:
"As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes
and men say, 'Don't destroy it,
there is yet some good in it,'
so will I do in behalf of my servants;
I will not destroy them all.
9 I will bring forth descendants from Jacob,
and from Judah those who will possess my mountains;
my chosen people will inherit them,
and there will my servants live.
10 Sharon will become a pasture for flocks,
and the Valley of Achor a resting place for herds,
for my people who seek me.

11 "But as for you who forsake the LORD
and forget my holy mountain,
who spread a table for Fortune
and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny,
12 I will destine you for the sword,
and you will all bend down for the slaughter;
for I called but you did not answer,
I spoke but you did not listen.
You did evil in my sight
and chose what displeases me."

13 Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says:
"My servants will eat,
but you will go hungry;
my servants will drink,
but you will go thirsty;
my servants will rejoice,
but you will be put to shame.
14 My servants will sing
out of the joy of their hearts,
but you will cry out
from anguish of heart
and wail in brokenness of spirit.
15 You will leave your name
to my chosen ones as a curse;
the Sovereign LORD will put you to death,
but to his servants he will give another name.
16 Whoever invokes a blessing in the land
will do so by the God of truth;
he who takes an oath in the land
will swear by the God of truth.
For the past troubles will be forgotten
and hidden from my eyes.


My Understanding: I am representing both the Lord and a servant of the Lord. This is a picture of how Jesus is being treated here in America both in the church and in the government. Our Lord once was in charge and we followed his lead, but now the church and the government of the USA, for the most part, have no use for HIM. The advisor, i.e. the Holy Spirit, advised this woman to allow the Lord to teach, but she saw it as a competition and did not accept his help.

So, the Lord is getting ready to bring down judgment on America (saving a seat for my son) and one day our military will be given their assignments by God Almighty and after that, Jesus will receive his assignment from God the Father that it is his time to return to earth (the campus). Our Lord is saying he no longer knows anyone in this administration – they’re all gone. And, these “cats” are a judgment of God.

Finally, when the Lord returns, he will return both in judgment and in salvation. For those who forsake the Lord, who did not answer when the Lord called and who did not listen when he spoke, they will be destined for the sword. Yet, for those who have remained faithful to the Lord, they will possess God’s mountains and there they will live. The sense of danger lurking in the bushes and yet the knowledge that I could control the outcome of the story, is displayed in verses 13-16, but in particular this: For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.

No comments: