Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BORKED

Sunday, September 14, 2008, 3:18 a.m. – I woke from THIS DREAM:

I was working a crossword puzzle. I had a six letter word that ended in “ed” but I only had five spaces. So, I asked if I could fill in just the first five letters and to leave off the “d”. I did, and then a person said to me, “Oh, you’re just trying to make sure I win,” or something like that. I said, “No, I’m not.” Then, I turned the puzzle around and the name that was filled in represented a win for this person’s opponent as though somehow by me writing that name I ensured his or her opponent’s win. END

I was praying about this earlier and then the word “voted” came into my mind, less the “d” on the end would be “vote” which is how we decide candidates, yet that was a five letter word reduced to four letters, and even though I sensed there was an application here, I continued to seek the Lord. Voted says “I’ve made my choice,” but “vote” says the choice is still up for grabs. I had a sense that there might be a disparity between the person “I” was helping to win and the person I actually would vote for. It made me think I might be representing Hillary Clinton again.

I had the sense in the dream that the word was a person’s name, like Obama, and that the “ed” and the end meant some type of action associated with that person’s name, like if someone “Obamaed you,” what would that mean?

Then, Sunday evening I watched a news special on the life and career of Joe Biden and learned the term “borked.” Evidently, he had led the charge in denying a Senate confirmation to Judge Bork and Bork did not become a Supreme Court Justice. Thus, the term “borked” resulted from that and has stood the test of time.

Borked: to deny Senate confirmation of a nominee, especially for a U.S. Supreme Court or federal judgeship, by use of sustained public disparagement.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE0DA1331F93AA35754C0A961948260

So, “borked” less the “d” at the end would be “borke.” I thought, “What is ‘borke’? Then I sounded it out as borkee and immediately I thought “lessee” which is a person that leases a property from another. So, to get “borked” means to be denied a public office of some kind by use of sustained public disparagement, so the one who does the “borking” would thus be the “borke”.

So, in the case of this dream, the “borke” is the name I fill in on the crossword puzzle and that name represents the person who gets voted in by the use of “borking” his or her opponent.

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Jeremiah 16:

Then the word of the LORD came to me: 2 "You must not marry and have sons or daughters in this place." 3 For this is what the LORD says about the sons and daughters born in this land and about the women who are their mothers and the men who are their fathers: 4 "They will die of deadly diseases. They will not be mourned or buried but will be like refuse lying on the ground. They will perish by sword and famine, and their dead bodies will become food for the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth."
5 For this is what the LORD says: "Do not enter a house where there is a funeral meal; do not go to mourn or show sympathy, because I have withdrawn my blessing, my love and my pity from this people," declares the LORD. 6 "Both high and low will die in this land. They will not be buried or mourned, and no one will cut himself or shave his head for them. 7 No one will offer food to comfort those who mourn for the dead—not even for a father or a mother—nor will anyone give them a drink to console them.

8 "And do not enter a house where there is feasting and sit down to eat and drink. 9 For this is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Before your eyes and in your days I will bring an end to the sounds of joy and gladness and to the voices of bride and bridegroom in this place.

10 "When you tell these people all this and they ask you, 'Why has the LORD decreed such a great disaster against us? What wrong have we done? What sin have we committed against the LORD our God?' 11 then say to them, 'It is because your fathers forsook me,' declares the LORD, 'and followed other gods and served and worshiped them. They forsook me and did not keep my law. 12 But you have behaved more wickedly than your fathers. See how each of you is following the stubbornness of his evil heart instead of obeying me. 13 So I will throw you out of this land into a land neither you nor your fathers have known, and there you will serve other gods day and night, for I will show you no favor.'

14 "However, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "when men will no longer say, 'As surely as the LORD lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,' 15 but they will say, 'As surely as the LORD lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.' For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

16 "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the LORD, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks. 17 My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from my eyes. 18 I will repay them double for their wickedness and their sin, because they have defiled my land with the lifeless forms of their vile images and have filled my inheritance with their detestable idols."

19 O LORD, my strength and my fortress,
my refuge in time of distress,
to you the nations will come
from the ends of the earth and say,
"Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods,
worthless idols that did them no good.

20 Do men make their own gods?
Yes, but they are not gods!"

21 "Therefore I will teach them—
this time I will teach them
my power and might.
Then they will know
that my name is the LORD.


Presence (My Heart’s Desire) / Newsboys

I lift up my voice to The King, The King of glory
I hold out my hands to The One who is worthy
I long for Your presence
I long - Lord, I need Your touch

I long to be washed in the well of Your mercy
I long to be warmed by the fire of Your glory
I long for Your presence
I long for Your healing touch

Come oh Lord and fill up my life
With the light of Your presence
This is my heart's desire
Oh Father, come and let Your spirit abide
I long for Your presence
This is my heart's desire

Thursday, September 25, 2008, 8:40 p.m. – My husband corrected my grammar on “borkee” tonight. He said that a “borkee” would be someone who was the one being borked rather than the one doing the borking. I asked him for an example, and he said like a payee is the person being paid, so “borkee” would thus be the person being “borked.” Either way, I see the main point as the fact that our candidates are voted in based upon who says the worst things about the other. And, it keeps getting worse and worse.

1 comment:

Christsfreeservnt said...

Thursday, September 25, 2008, 8:57 a.m. UPDATE:
Times puzzle is clueless about McCain
By DAVID LEVINSON WILK | 9/25/08 5:05 AM EDT

I am partly to blame.

On Jan. 8, 2005, I purposefully and unapologetically became the first person to ever construct a crossword puzzle for The New York Times that featured this five-letter answer:

OBAMA.

Earlier this week, Steve Schmidt, John McCain’s senior campaign adviser, lambasted the Times for being “totally, 150 percent in the tank for the Democratic candidate.” The GOP, it seems, is finally catching on to a once-hidden truth:

Crossword puzzles heavily favor Democrats… http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13888.html