Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Cartoon Drawing

Thursday, September 04, 2008, 9:22 a.m. – I woke to this song in my head:

Here I Am To Worship / Chris Tomlin

Light of the world You stepped down into darkness. - Opened my eyes, let me see.
Beauty that made this heart adore You - Hope of a life spent with You

King of all days oh, so highly exalted - Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came to this earth You created - All for love's sake became poor

Here I am to worship, Here I am to bow down, Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely, Altogether worthy, Altogether wonderful to me

I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross…


I also woke from A DREAM: My husband had drawn a cartoon with a fox, wolf and a dog in it. His drawing was amateurish looking, and yet well drawn. It actually reminded me of a cartoon drawing I had seen before that is in print somewhere.

There was some type of framework around this cartoon that included a background of some type to the drawing. Actually, I had drawn a very similar background, so I put his cartoon drawing and background together with my background drawing.

All three animals in his drawing were standing on a sandy beach with the ocean in front of them (to my right) and a huge tent behind them (to my left). All three animals were facing the ocean. The dog and the wolf were standing back closer to the tent, and the fox was out front and closer to the water. END

I knew there was more to the dream that I was not remembering, so I inquired of the Lord by asking him, “Is there more?” Then, I clearly heard the name “Ronald Reagan,” and then I saw his face, too.

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Isaiah 63:7-64:12:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2063;&version=31;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2064;&version=31;

7 I will tell of the kindnesses of the LORD,
the deeds for which he is to be praised,
according to all the LORD has done for us—
yes, the many good things he has done
for the house of Israel,
according to his compassion and many kindnesses.
8 He said, "Surely they are my people,
sons who will not be false to me";
and so he became their Savior.
9 In all their distress he too was distressed,
and the angel of his presence saved them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
he lifted them up and carried them
all the days of old.
10 Yet they rebelled
and grieved his Holy Spirit.
So he turned and became their enemy
and he himself fought against them.
11 Then his people recalled the days of old,
the days of Moses and his people…

17 Why, O LORD, do you make us wander from your ways
and harden our hearts so we do not revere you?
Return for the sake of your servants,
the tribes that are your inheritance.
18 For a little while your people possessed your holy place,
but now our enemies have trampled down your sanctuary.
19 We are yours from of old;
but you have not ruled over them,
they have not been called by your name.

Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down,
that the mountains would tremble before you!
… come down to make your name known to your enemies
and cause the nations to quake before you!
… You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
who remember your ways.
But when we continued to sin against them,
you were angry.
How then can we be saved?
6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.
… you have hidden your face from us
and made us waste away because of our sins.
… Your sacred cities have become a desert;
even Zion is a desert, Jerusalem a desolation.
11 Our holy and glorious temple, where our fathers praised you,
has been burned with fire,
and all that we treasured lies in ruins.


Excite News Article: …McCain's speech was expected to provide the climax to the
four-day convention at the Xcel Energy Center. His wife, Cindy, admitted that
she was nervous about addressing delegates herself.

"I'd like people to know what makes me work and what makes me tick and who I am, what I'm all about and where I come from," Cindy McCain told ABC. "I have an interesting story to tell as well in that it combines the two of us and makes us a couple and what we will represent." … http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080904/D92VUE200.html
My Understanding: I am representing Cindy McCain and my husband is thus John McCain. Her story (the framework and background) combines with his framework and background, which includes a picture he has drawn of a wolf, a dog and a fox.

Ok, so what this is showing, I believe, is that John McCain (the dog) has “drawn a picture” for the American People of Ronald Reagan (the fox) as a type of Moses who parted the waters and who delivered the children of America out of the hands of her enemies. Reagan is known for being instrumental in bringing down the wall that divided East and West Germany and in the breaking up of the Soviet Union, among other accomplishments during his presidency. He is considered the father of the Conservative Republican movement. So, Reagan sets the historic background and framework for McCain’s drawing.

In McCain’s drawing, he pictures not only Reagan (the fox) as a type of Moses standing at the waters, but he pictures himself (the dog) and Palin (the wolf – nicknamed the barracuda), I believe, as standing behind Reagan and in front of the church (tent), and perhaps following in his footsteps in delivering the children of America out of the hands of her enemies. And, he pictures the church and the presence of God (the tent) behind them, i.e. in support of what they are doing.

The interesting thing about this drawing is that it pictures the ocean to the right and all of them facing the right with the tent behind them, so that would mean they would all be facing the east coast and the enemies behind them that they are delivering the children out of are in America and they are headed across the ocean to the rest of the world.

Ok, so that is John McCain’s drawing. Now we’ll look at God’s picture. This is his viewpoint (based upon the scriptures in Isaiah 63-64 with the dream being a practical application to today):

God has done many good things for America and the church in America due to his compassion and his many kindnesses
He is our Savior and our Redeemer and he has lifted us up and has carried us all the days of old
Yet we, as a nation and as the church in America, have rebelled against God and have grieved his Holy Spirit
So, he has turned and has become our enemy and he himself will fight against us
God’s people once possessed God’s holy place (the temple, i.e the church) in America, but now our enemies (from within) have trampled down the Lord’s sanctuary which is the true church; the people of God.
God has not ruled over these enemies and they have not been called by God’s name.
The true church is calling on God to rend the heavens and come down that the mountains would tremble before God.
“Come down to make your name known to your enemies and cause the nations to quake before you!” (64:2)
God will come to the help of those who gladly do right; who remember his ways
Yet, our nation and the church in America has become like one who is unclean, whose righteous acts are like filthy rags
We will all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away
God has hidden his face from us and will make us waste away because of our many sins
Our cities and all that we treasured will lie in ruins and our only salvation and only hope is to call upon God in humility and repentance.

No comments: