Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, November 25, 2022

My 12 Favorite Scriptures Pt 6

Video Talk

 

Psalms 18:1-2,16-19

 

“I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;

    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,

    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

 

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me;

    he drew me out of deep waters.

He rescued me from my powerful enemy,

    from my foes, who were too strong for me.

They confronted me in the day of my disaster,

    but the Lord was my support.

He brought me out into a spacious place;

    he rescued me because he delighted in me.”

 

The Scriptures speak much on the subject of God’s enemies who are the enemies of those who are followers of God – of those who are followers of Jesus Christ. If we are the Lord’s disciples, and if our hearts are surrendered to him to do his will, we are going to be hated and mistreated like he was hated and mistreated. We are going to be opposed. We are going to be fought against and falsely accused of things we did not do. And we are going to be rejected and told to go someplace else, for they don’t want us.

 

Satan is going to fight against us in our minds, too. He will try to bring confusion into our minds or to try to get us to be afraid. For he wants to pull us away from our sincere devotion to Jesus Christ. His goal is to make us fearful, and to get us to doubt God, and to get us to retreat and to give up because the battle got that much fiercer. But he also wants to bring confusion into our minds hoping we will go the wrong direction thinking that we are following the Lord. So we must take refuge in the Lord.

 

When Satan is attacking me in my mind and I am not getting clear direction from the Lord, I will stop whatever I am doing and even close it up and put it away and then I will get alone with God and call on him for him to show me the way in which he would have me to go. And I had to do that today in order to know what I was supposed to talk about and write on, because Satan was fighting against me in my mind. And I am not going to move forward unless I have clear direction from the Lord.

 

So, when Satan is attacking you in your mind and in your emotions, or when he is trying to put confusion in your mind so you don’t know which way to go, or when he tries to make you afraid of other people and what they might do to you, get alone with God and just let him speak to your heart. Resist the enemy and do not let him get a foothold in your life. But let the Lord be your support. Let him rescue you from these enemy attacks. And let him speak truth to your hearts and minds. And let him fill you with his peace.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg-z46i9HOM

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

 

Welcome To Our World 

 

By Chris Rice

 

Tears are falling, hearts are breaking

How we need to hear from God

You've been promised, we've been waiting

Welcome Holy Child

 

Bring Your peace into our violence

Bid our hungry souls be filled

Word now breaking Heaven's silence

Welcome to our world

 

Fragile finger sent to heal us

Tender brow prepared for thorn

Tiny heart whose blood will save us

Unto us is born

 

So wrap our injured flesh around You

Breathe our air and walk our sod

Rob our sin and make us holy

Perfect Son of God, Perfect Son of God

Welcome to our world

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nqevIoBxwE

Caution: this link may contain ads

No comments: