Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Even at Night

Video Talk

 

Psalms 16:7-11 ESV

 

“I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;

    in the night also my heart instructs me.

I have set the Lord always before me;

    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;

    my flesh also dwells secure.

For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,

    or let your holy one see corruption.

You make known to me the path of life;

    in your presence there is fullness of joy;

    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

 

I work for the Lord full-time. So he often gets me up in the night to counsel me or to have me pray for someone or to have me write a devotion or a poem or to record a video talk. And I realize that not everyone has that freedom of schedule to be up long in the night. But we who believe in Jesus should all be available to our Lord 24 hours a day 7 days a week if he wants to talk with us about something or to have us pray for someone.

 

Now the Psalmist here is speaking of his own personal experience, so this may not apply to everyone who professes faith in Jesus Christ. And one reason for that being true is that not everyone who professes Christ with their lips has been crucified with Christ in death to sin. Not everyone who says, “Lord, Lord,” truly knows the Lord and is walking in his holiness and righteousness. Many are giving lip service but their actions don’t follow.

 

And even if we are following Jesus in truth and in righteousness, we don’t all share the exact same experiences. But we should all be sold out to Christ, and our lives should all be surrendered to him, and he should be our Lord (Owner-Master) and we should be his possession. So since he owns us and our lives no longer belong to us to do as we please, then we should all be available to the Lord 24/7 to do what he wants us to do.

 

And we should serve him faithfully and gladly because we love him and so we want to do what pleases him. We want to serve him with our lives and to obey his commands because we love him. And that should cause us to rejoice! For we want him to make known to us the path of life that he has for us to follow. And that path involves us dying daily with him to sin and living daily in walks of obedience to him in his righteousness and holiness.

 

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY5CfDbiqGc

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

 

When in The Stillness  

 

An Original Work / September 26, 2011

 

When in the stillness of this moment,

Speak to me, Lord, I humbly pray.

Be my desire, set me on fire,

Teach me to love always.

Help me to walk in fellowship with You,

Listening to You; sit at Your feet.

Whisper Your words to me,

Oh, how gently, guiding me in Your truth.

 

While we are waiting for Your blessing,

Lord, in our hearts be King today.

Help us to live for you ev’ry moment,

List’ning to what You say.

May we not stray from your word within us,

Help us obey You, Lord, in all things,

Walking each moment, Lord, in Your presence,

Our offerings to You bring.

 

Help us to love You, Lord, our master;

Be an example of Your love,

Helping the hurting, lift up the fallen,

Showing them Your great love.

Teach them to love You, follow You always,

Bearing their cross and turning from sin;

Walking in daily fellowship with You,

Making You Lord and King.

 

https://vimeo.com/126984144

No comments: