Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, November 18, 2022

Hope Deferred Grieves the Heart

Video Talk

 

Proverbs 13:12 NASB

 

“Hope deferred makes the heart sick,

But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.”

 

As I contemplated the meaning of this proverb, and as I prayed for understanding, there were two main “deferred hopes” that came to mind. The first one is the hope of salvation for my loved ones who have not yet surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ. They are still living like the world, still living in deliberate and habitual sin, and they are not walking in holiness and in righteousness in walks of obedience to the Lord. It grieves my heart!

 

The second one is the hope for revival in the church here in America, and as needed throughout the world. In America the church at large has become so worldly. They have turned the church into businesses to be marketed to the world. And so they have altered how the church, the body of Christ, functions, for they are following business models and marketing books for how to grow their “churches.” And they have altered the gospel to make it more appealing and acceptable to the flesh and to the world.

 

And so many of them now are not teaching the necessity of repentance or obedient walks of faith in Jesus Christ. They call that “works salvation,” though it is not. Yet all throughout the New Testament we learn that genuine faith in Jesus Christ results in repentance and in obedience or it is not genuine faith which saves. And then they are not teaching that if we continue in deliberate and habitual sin (walking in sin) that we do not have eternal life with God regardless of what we have professed with our lips.

 

And so we have a whole lot of people professing faith in Jesus who are still walking in sin and not in righteousness. And so the church needs to be revived, and people need to turn from their sins and to obedient walks of faith in Jesus Christ. And when that happens, that desire of our hearts to see the church revived and to see our loved ones be of genuine faith in Jesus Christ is fulfilled, and that is a tree of life to them, and it brings joy to our hearts so that we are no longer grieving over their sinful lives.

 

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3dFT7PBwK4

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

 

A Believer’s Prayer

 

An Original Work / July 31, 2012

 

With my whole heart, Lord, I pray

To be Yours, and Yours always.

Lead me in Your truth today.

May I love You, and obey.

Lead me in Your righteousness.

When I sin, may I confess;

Bow before You when I pray;

Live for You and You always.

 

Love You, Jesus, You’re my friend.

Life with You will never end.

You are with me through each day,

Giving love and peace always.

You will ne’er abandon me.

From my sin You set me free.

You died on that cruel tree,

So I’d live eternally.

 

Soon You’re coming back for me;

From this world to set me free;

Live with You eternally.

Oh, what joy that brings to me.

I will walk with You in white;

A pure bride, I’ve been made right

By the blood of Jesus Christ;

Pardoned by His sacrifice.

 

https://vimeo.com/114796263

No comments: