Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, November 20, 2022

My 12 Favorite Scriptures Pt 1

Video Talk

 

Joshua 1:7-9 NIV

 

“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

 

Seven years ago I happened to see on the internet pictures of Scripture quilts that people had made. And it was at that time that I felt impressed to have one made for myself. Now a girl who used to babysit my children back in the early 1980’s, who was now an adult, was someone I knew who made quilts, so I hired her to make me a Scripture quilt.

 

I gave her the colors I wanted and the pattern I wanted for the squares, which were not the Scripture squares, and she put it all together in a design which had the patterned squares in the shape of a cross surrounded by the Scripture squares. And since Jesus is “the Word,” what I saw in the finished product was the gospel with the Word on the cross.

 

Anyway, for the past 6 weeks maybe the Lord has been having me do Video Talks where I share Scriptures and then what the Lord is teaching me through them. And so as I was praying about the next video talk, the Lord impressed it on my heart to use the 12 Scriptures on my Scripture quilt in 12 consecutive video talks. So this one is No. 1 of the 12.

 

In this video I talk about what it is like to be a person who is fearful and timid and how the Lord helped me to overcome my fears and to trust him fully with my circumstances and with the people in my life, and how he can help you overcome your fears so that you can be used of him in the way he had planned for you from before the creation of the world.

 

But the key to overcoming fear and to being used of the Lord in the way he has planned for us is that we must be careful to obey the Word of the Lord and to do what his Word teaches us Christians we must do. And then we can be strong and courageous and not fearful. And we can overcome any discouragement for the Lord will be with us wherever we go.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H73T53i8poc

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

 

Give Me Courage, Lord

 

An Original Work / November 13, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

 

Do not let your hearts grow weary,

For your work will be rewarded.

Be strong; let your hearts take courage.

Do not fear but wait on Jesus.

 

Be strong and very courageous,

For your God will go before you.

Do not fear. He will not leave you.

Wait for Him. He’ll not forsake you.

 

Be careful to do what He says.

Do not turn away from your Lord.

Take courage! You’ll be His witness,

For God will guide and protect you.

 

So we are always encouraged.

We walk by faith and not vision.

We make it our aim to please Him,

So in Christ, we glorify Him.

 

https://vimeo.com/113503727

No comments: