Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A Marriage Renewed

The Adulterous Church

 

I am reading in Hosea, chapter 2. The people of Israel, of the Old Covenant, were living in adultery against the Lord. They were chasing after “other lovers,” i.e. after the sinful pleasures that this world has to offer them. Their relationship with God was broken. And so God promised to bring judgment upon them, a judgment so severe that it would remove their ability to do the sinful things that they had been doing. But the goal was repentance, restoration, and renewal. The goal was to bring them back to God.

 

I live in the USA, so I can only speak for my nation, but from what I have been able to gather, from the things I have seen and witnessed and heard taking place, and from what I have read about and observed on a national level, it appears that the majority of those referring to themselves as “the children of God,” i.e. as Christians, are living very worldly lives, many of them convinced that God does not require of them that they deny self, die to sin, and obey our Lord in life practice. And so sin is still what they practice.

 

Thieves and liars and wolves in sheep’s clothing are leading many “church” congregations to believe the lies and to reject the truth of God’s word. And so many are accepting a diluted and altered gospel message which teaches that all God requires is that we profess faith in Him and then He does all the rest. But Jesus taught that if anyone would come after Him that they must deny self, take up their cross daily (die daily to sin and to self) and follow Him in walks of obedience to His commands in righteousness, by His grace.

 

[Matthew 7:13-14,21-23; Luke 9:23-26; John 10:27-30; Acts 26:18; Romans 1:18-32; Romans 2:5-10; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,19-20; 1 Corinthians 10:1-22; 2 Corinthians 5:10,15,21; Galatians 5:16-24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 3:1-19; Hebrews 4:1-13; Hebrews 10:19-39; Hebrews 12:1-2; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 1:1-10; 1 John 2:1-6; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 2:1-29; Revelation 3:1-22]

 

God’s Mercy to Israel

 

Hosea 2:16-20,23 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)

 

16In that day,”

declares the LORD,

“you will call Me ‘my Husband,’

and no longer call Me ‘my Master.’

17For I will remove from her lips the names of the Baals;

no longer will their names be invoked.

 

18On that day I will make a covenant for them

with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air

and the creatures that crawl on the ground.

And I will abolish bow and sword

and battle in the land,

and will make them lie down in safety.

19So I will betroth you to Me forever;

I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,

in loving devotion and compassion.

20And I will betroth you in faithfulness,

and you will know the LORD.”

 

23And I will sow her as My own in the land,

and I will have compassion on ‘No Compassion.’

I will say to those called ‘Not My People,’

‘You are My people,’

and they will say,

‘You are my God.’”

 

God is grieved over the rebellion and sinful practices of those who proclaim Him as Lord and Savior of their lives. For, if we are people of faith in Jesus Christ, that is a marriage contract. That is a marriage relationship. Jesus is now our husband, and we who believe in Him are His bride. So if we have returned to making sin our practice, and not obedience to God, that is adultery against our Lord. Or if we never died to sin, and if we never obeyed God in practice, it means we were never in relationship with Jesus Christ.

 

So He is calling all who profess His name to repent of their sins and to now follow Jesus in obedience to His commands. He is calling all who say they know Jesus to truly walk with Him in daily fellowship with Him in following Him wherever He leads. We who are of faith in Jesus Christ are His bride, and He is our husband, so we need to live like that is a reality in our lives. No longer should we stray. No longer should we go after the sinful pleasures of the flesh. But now we who are His people should live like He is our God.

 

A Marriage Renewed

An Original Work / August 26, 2026

Christ’s Free Servant, Sue J Love

 

Seek My Face 

 

An Original Work / June 10, 2011

Christ’s Free Servant, Sue J Love

 

Seek My face; hear My voice

Calling you, “Make the choice.

Won’t you hear Me just now?

Turn from sin; humbly bow.

Trust in Me as your Lord,

Walk in fellowship with Me.

I will enter your heart,

Give you life eternally.

 

“Won’t you sit at My feet;

Hear Me teach; daily meet?

Won’t you pray; share your heart;

Let My grace now impart;

Comfort you with My love,

Give you peace from up above?

I will tenderly say,

‘You are Mine, I’m yours always.’

 

“One day I will return

To receive you, My bride;

Relieve you from your fears;

Wipe the tears from your eyes.

Watch for Me; be prepared

To meet Me up in the air.

I will give you a crown,

And you’ll wear a pure white gown.”

 

https://vimeo.com/126019649

No comments: