Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Will You Not Revive Us Again?

Psalms 85:4-7 ESV

 

“Restore us again, O God of our salvation,

    and put away your indignation toward us!

Will you be angry with us forever?

    Will you prolong your anger to all generations?

Will you not revive us again,

    that your people may rejoice in you?

Show us your steadfast love, O Lord,

    and grant us your salvation.”

 

Unlearning and Learning

 

I just finished watching one of those documentary films about things which have taken place in world and in American history. I am not going to name it because there were things at the end I did not like and so I cut it off before it was over, and it doesn’t really matter to the conversation here which documentary it was. There are many! The point is that I just had another refresh on American and world history, but not like the history I learned in public school, but the history the Lord began teaching me 18 years ago.

 

For 18 years ago the Lord Jesus began opening up my eyes and my mind to hear from him what he wanted to teach me about what is going on in the world and in my nation – things which I had no clue about previously. But they are things which are fulfilling prophecies of the Scriptures regarding what kinds of things we should expect to see happening in these last days before our Lord returns. And they were things I was blinded to because I had been brainwashed in public school to believe certain things were true.

 

But it wasn’t just the public schools which did the brainwashing, but it was the church, too. For they both were teaching government worship, and that we were to trust our government implicitly, and that our nation is the “good guys” of the world while at least some other nations are to be seen largely as our enemies. For we were taught from early on to pledge (vow) allegiance (fidelity, loyalty, faithfulness) to the US government and military who we were to see as our protectors and as our heroes.

 

But in 2004 the Lord began to open my eyes which were blinded to that reality, and one step at a time he taught me what I had not previously learned about American and world history. And I am no expert on it at all, but I surely know far more than I ever did before 2004. But before he began teaching all this to me he sent me back to college at the age of 52 so that I would learn that I could learn, because otherwise I would have not been willing to even adventure that direction at all out of fear.

 

Signs of the Times

 

Now this is far too much detail to discuss here, and honestly I don’t recall all that he taught me over a period of about 13 years, plus some, so what I will share here is going to be high level of what I remember and understand. But basically he taught me all about the true history of America and her purpose and what she was really founded on and who she has become and what purpose she now serves in the world. And he gave me a true picture of our form of government and who is really running this nation.

 

Basically, I believe America was formed as an experiment leading toward the ultimate goal of a one-world government. She is being ruled by a shadow government of the elite and wealthy and powerful of the world who own most everything, it appears, and who thus have control over most things. And she serves “the beast,” i.e. this one world government which is being formed in conquering people and nations throughout the world and robbing them of their natural resources and killing their people (Revelation 13).

 

America is not the “good guys” of the world, but America, as a nation, is the world’s terrorists. And our leaders are not serving us but themselves and they are serving those who are working to bring us all underneath the rule of this beast, i.e. this one-world totalitarian regime. And they have infiltrated the church here in America and have convinced Christians to turn the church into a marketplace to be marketed to the world. And thus they have convinced the American church (overall) to dilute the gospel message, too.

 

And so America, as a nation, is on a massive moral and spiritual decline, and evil just seems to be increasing daily and more and more people professing faith in Jesus Christ are moving further and further away from pure unadulterated fellowship with Jesus Christ. And they are going the ways of the world, instead, and they are being convinced that their sins don’t matter to God, and that they can keep on sinning and it won’t impact their relationships with the Lord or their eternal security.

 

So we have so many professing Christians who are not much different from those who make no profession of faith in Christ. The love of many has grown cold, and people are sinning against God and against their spouses and children routinely, often without conscience or remorse. And marriages are breaking up and children and spouses are being abused and professing Christians are still living in slavery to sin and they are not walking in obedience to the Lord. And it is just so very sad!

 

Prayer for Revival

 

And so the prayer here is a prayer for spiritual restoration, for revival. We need a spiritual revival here in America, and not like some people call revival. For we aren’t talking about a series of meetings where a form of the gospel is taught for several days, like in a camp meeting. A revival is where professing Christians get down on their knees before God in true humility and true repentance and they confess their sins and they turn from them and they now follow Jesus in obedience to his ways, and they don’t go back.

 

We need a revival here in America for so much of what is called “church” today is not the body of Christ, but they are conglomerations of some true Christians, some professing Christians giving lip service only, and people of the world, including the government and people who are turning the gatherings of the church into businesses which are doing what they do in order to draw in large crowds of people from the world into their gatherings in order to grow their businesses (called churches).

 

And again, so many people professing faith in Jesus Christ are still walking in sin, making sin their habit, and they are not walking in obedience to the Lord in surrender to him as Lord, in walks of holiness and righteousness. For they are too much like the world, doing and saying the same things that the ungodly do and say. And this is heartbreaking! So I am definitely calling upon the Lord to send a revival, but I know God’s timing is perfect, and the things which are taking place are what he said would take place.

 

So, we can call on God, and we can pray for revival and for changed hearts and lives, but we must be willing to accept the Lord’s timing in all of this, and we must be willing to accept that these things which are now happening must take place to fulfill prophecy of Scripture. And so we wait patiently for the Lord to act, and we trust him, and in the meanwhile we keep on speaking the truth of the gospel and we keep exposing the lies of the enemy so that those who hear will respond to the truth of the gospel in faith.

 

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

 

Have Thine Own Way, Lord

 

Words by Adelaide A. Pollard, 1907

Music by George C. Stebbins, 1907

 

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Thou art the potter, I am the clay.

Mold me and make me after Thy will,

While I am waiting, yielded and still.

 

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Search me and try me, Master, today!

Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,

As in Thy presence humbly I bow.

 

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Wounded and weary, help me I pray!

Power, all power, surely is Thine!

Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!

 

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!

Hold o'er my being absolute sway.

Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see

Christ only, always, living in me!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z11avpKNLsA

Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: