Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

When I Was Walking

April 4, 2024


Well, on April 6, 2011, thirteen years ago, the Lord Jesus gave me my very first song to write. And then on January 16, 2020, the Lord gave me the last of the 185 songs that he gave me to write for his purposes, and for his glory and praise. These songs were to be an encouragement to me and to the body of Christ and to go along with the daily devotions that he gave me to write, too. But by this point my voice was giving out, and it was getting harder and harder for me to write the songs, for then I was 70 years old, and writing and recording songs was a long and tedious process, for sure.


But I am ever so thankful to the Lord for giving me this treasure, not only of the music, but of these messages contained in these song lyrics. For the Lord has used these songs so many times throughout the past 13 years to encourage my heart and to speak his truth to me and to help me to know the direction that he wanted me to go. For they are all so rich in biblical truth, much like the Psalms, and some of them actually came from the Psalms, too. And many of these lyrics came straight from the Scriptures. And so they have been such a blessing in my life.


When I Was Walking


An Original Work / January 16, 2020


When I was walking along the way,

My Lord was with me, and He did say,

“My child I’m with you. I hear you pray,

‘Oh, help me, Lord! Need You today!’”


He is my friend, near to the end.

Gently leads me. His servant be.

He helps me pray – knows what to say.

He’s all I need. On Him I feed.


When I am wond’ring of what to do,

He gently leads me to what is truth.

He is my helper. He strengthens me.

When I’m in want, supplies my need.


He comforts me with all His love.

Gives me His grace from heav’n above.

I heed His call to watch and pray,

To guard my heart throughout each day.


When He is calling to come to Him,

To let Him lead you, trust Him within,

How will you answer to Him today?

Will you say, “Yes, Lord, have your way”?


Do not neglect to let Him in,

Cleanse you from sin, made new within.

Leave all your sin, obey your Lord,

Trust in His Word – His mighty Sword.


https://vimeo.com/385888176 

No comments: