Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Take my Voice and Let me Sing

I was sitting on the seat on my walker exercising my legs when I felt the Lord Jesus leading me to sing out loud, and this is the song he led me to sing, “Take my Life and Let it Be.”

 

Now I was a singer from childhood and I sang all over the place in various different groups, and I majored in music and in voice in college. But with age my voice began to go, and the last two years I have not been singing much at all out loud, so the Lord was encouraging me today that I need to keep singing even if my voice doesn’t sound so great anymore.

 

Take my Life and Let it Be

 

Lyrics by Frances R. Havergal, 1874

Music by Henri A. C. Malan, 1827

har. By Lowell Mason, 1841

 

Scripture: Romans 12:1

 

Take my life and let it be

Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.

Take my moments and my days,

Let them flow in endless praise.

 

Take my hands and let them move

At the impulse of Thy love.

Take my feet and let them be

Swift and beautiful for Thee.

 

Take my voice and let me sing,

Always, only for my King.

Take my lips and let them be

Filled with messages from Thee.

 

Take my silver and my gold,

Not a mite would I withhold.

Take my intellect and use

Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

 

Take my will and make it Thine,

It shall be no longer mine.

Take my heart, it is Thine own,

It shall be Thy royal throne.

 

Take my love, my Lord, I pour

At Thy feet its treasure store.

Take myself and I will be

Ever, only, all for Thee.

 

https://vimeo.com/657186634

No comments: