Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Fear Not! Believe God!

John 14:1-4 ESV

 

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”

 

Are You Troubled?

 

What is your heart troubled about today? There are certainly enough things going on in the world that are tempting our hearts to be troubled as well as things we are each going through personally. We are in a world-wide crisis situation presently, though I certainly don’t know who all is being impacted by it. I just know it is global and that it is not confined to just my nation.

 

In my nation (USA/America) things are in continual upheaval. There seems to be one crisis situation after another after another. Angst is everywhere. Fearmongering is also everywhere, it seems. There are factions everywhere, a lot of which I believe are being instigated on purpose. If one of them begins to die down they just instigate another one to bring it into the limelight.

 

Have you heard the phrases “Order out of chaos” and “Divide and conquer”? I believe this is what we are seeing happening before our eyes every day. And I believe this is why all of these factions are being instigated by the powers that be globally because this is their end goal to bring us all into a new world order out of the ashes of our old world order.

 

So, a lot of what we think we are seeing is either totally fabricated or it is twisted or it is being instigated to make some things appear worse than what they really are, because they want us in continual upheaval. And confusion is part of the game, too, so they throw us all kinds of “curve balls,” and they will play both sides of an issue in order to keep us confused.

 

Is there a real global crisis going on presently? Yes, but the real crisis is not necessarily the one being portrayed but the one that is instigating the one being portrayed, i.e. one is just the means to another which is the real one, the big one, the one that is leading up to this rule of the beast and to this one world tyrannical regime we read about in Revelation 13.

 

For one of the big deceptive tools being used against us is not only deception (a big one) but also distraction. And this is why they are constantly throwing things our way to try to get us upset or angry or fearful, because they are trying to distract us from what is really going on behind the scenes, which, again, is the real crisis at hand – the rule of the beast.

 

Believe in God

 

No matter what we are going through, and no matter how hard Satan is at work in trying to confuse and distract us and to make us fearful or to try to get us angry so we will blow up, we must rest in the Lord and in his mighty power and strength. We must believe that he is God and that he is in control and that he is fully sovereign over all his creation.

 

Not only that but we must guard against falling into the enemy’s traps. When each life challenge is presented to us, rather than responding quickly with our emotions we need to step back from the situation and inquire of the Lord as to what is really going on and as to what our response must be to what we are seeing (or think we are seeing) going on all around us.

 

Some Facebook memes and some Twitter Tweets and some news stories are hotbeds for fearmongering and for inciting factions. And in our fast paced society where we are used to getting things quickly, many people are reading these memes and tweets and they are responding with their emotions rather than taking the time to pray about their responses.

 

So, the solution to all of this is we must believe in Jesus Christ, not just for our salvation from sin but in everyday situations which come our way. We must trust the Lord with every situation which presents a challenge to us. And we should pray for wisdom in knowing the truth of the situation and for wisdom in how to respond, and then we must rest in the Lord.

 

For, God has everything under control. Much of what we are seeing now was prophesied in Scripture, perhaps not in the finest details but the overall picture is what was prophesied. And so we can watch prophesy being unfolded before our eyes, which can be troubling, for sure, but it can also bring us peace for we know that these things must take place.

 

We know that the eternal home that the Lord has been preparing for us who are his true followers is an ever present reality. It doesn’t seem so far away anymore. It won’t be too long before our Lord will return for us, his bride, and he will take us home to be with him forever, either by death, or by us being taken up to be with him when he returns for us.

 

And this should give us hope. This present world is passing away and one day it will be no more and we will be with our Lord forever and there will be no more pain, no more sorrow, no more angst, and no more evil and evildoers who are out to steal, kill, and destroy. But we will be with our Lord in glory and every tear we have cried will be wiped away from our eyes.

 

John 14:5-7 ESV

 

“Thomas said to him, ‘Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.’”

 

But not everyone is going to heaven. Not everyone has an eternal home with the Lord waiting for them. Many are being promised that they have such hope, but much of what is being taught today is a false hope based on a lie. For most are not teaching that we must repent of our sins, submit to Christ as Lord, and walk in obedience to his commands.

 

For the way of the Lord, and his truth, and his life are not about just forgiving us our sins so we can go to heaven when we die. For the Scriptures teach that we are all going to be judged by our deeds. So, if we sow to please the flesh, from the flesh we will reap destruction, but if we sow to please the Spirit, from the Spirit we will reap eternal life. Believe this!

 

[Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; 1 Pet 2:24; 1 Co 6:9-10, 19-20; 2 Co 5:10, 15; Tit 2:11-14; Jas 1:22-25; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-6; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; Matt 7:21-23; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Rom 12:1-2; Eph 2:8-10]

 

Only Hope

 

By Jonathan Foreman

 

I give you my destiny

I'm giving you all of me

I want your symphony

Singing in all that I am

At the top of my lungs

I'm giving it my all

 

So, I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours I pray

To be only yours

I know now you're my only hope

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gnS7ZEbEqU

Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: