Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Gingerbread Men

Saturday, October 30, 2010, 10:38 p.m. – I woke from a dream. As I lay in bed praying concerning the dream, and concerning a song, Jesus Hold Me Now, that the Lord has had playing in my mind since after lunch today, the Lord gave me a vision.

THE VISION: I saw two gingerbread men standing side by side (north to south) on the east side of a road that led to a house to the north. The two gingerbread men were facing west and were decorated with various colors of icing that gave them faces, etc. All of a sudden, someone or something from the west of the two men whacked across them. I inquired of the Lord concerning what I had just seen, and then I saw something or someone, again from the west of the men, slice and dice them until they were in crumbs, and then someone over to the east, maybe to the southeast of the two men, gobbled them up. Then, I saw what appeared to be a snake, though it also looked like the tail of an animal, slither across the ground where the two men had been standing, and it slithered toward the north or northwest. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Malachi 2:

Admonition for the Priests
1 "And now this admonition is for you, O priests. 2 If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honor my name," says the LORD Almighty, "I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me.

3 "Because of you I will rebuke your descendants ; I will spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it. 4 And you will know that I have sent you this admonition so that my covenant with Levi may continue," says the LORD Almighty. 5 "My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.

7 "For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction—because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty. 8 But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi," says the LORD Almighty. 9 "So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law."

Judah Unfaithful
10 Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our fathers by breaking faith with one another?
11 Judah has broken faith. A detestable thing has been committed in Israel and in Jerusalem: Judah has desecrated the sanctuary the LORD loves, by marrying the daughter of a foreign god. 12 As for the man who does this, whoever he may be, may the LORD cut him off from the tents of Jacob —even though he brings offerings to the LORD Almighty.

13 Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. 14 You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

15 Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.

16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty.
So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

The Day of Judgment
17 You have wearied the LORD with your words.
"How have we wearied him?" you ask.
By saying, "All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them" or "Where is the God of justice?"

My Understanding: I read this news story: In election's shadow, rally draws laughs, activism - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20101030/D9J69ET80.html

The news story is about a rally that took place at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. on Saturday. Comedians Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert entertained a huge throng at a ‘sanity’ rally poking fun at the nation’s ill-tempered politics, fear-mongers and doomsayers. ‘We live now in hard times,’ Stewart said after all the shtick. ‘Not end times.’”

The article called the attendees of the rally “a festive congregation of the goofy and the politically disenchanted.” It said that Colbert “played the personification of fear at the rally. He arrived on stage in a capsule like a rescued Chilean miner, from a supposed underground bunker.”

The article stated that “As part of the comedic routine, Stewart and his associates asked some in the audience to identify themselves by category, eliciting answers such as ‘half-Mexican,’ ‘half-white,’” etc. “’It’s a perfect demographic sampling of the American people,’ Stewart cracked to a crowd filled with mostly younger whites. “As you know, if you have too many white people at a rally, your cause is racist. If you have too many people of color, then you must be asking for something…”

The article said: “The idea (of the rally) was to provide a counterweight to all the shouting and flying insults of these polarized times. But there were political undertones, too, pushing back against conservatives ahead of Tuesday’s election.”

These two comedians were making fun, not only of politics in America, but of America and its citizens and those who believe we are living in the last days before the return of Jesus Christ. The point, it appears, was to get everyone to laugh at what is going on in our nation when we should be weeping over what is happening.

This passage of scripture is an admonition to the priests (leaders). God would send a curse if they did not honor him. Then, he said that he has already sent the curse, because they have not set their hearts to honor God. I believe today that he is speaking about our leaders in Washington, D.C. whether Democrat or Republican. I noticed that the two Gingerbread Men were not left and right but north and south and they were facing west. The Lord has often shown me that the New World Order has set up headquarters in the west of the USA, so this pictures our politicians as facing in the direction of the New World Order. They are the Gingerbread Men.

The scripture said that God would “spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices.” And, he said “So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people.” I believe that is the picture here with this vision and with this news article. I believe that the Gingerbread Men represent our government leaders in Washington and that the colored icing on the front of them represents this “offal” (internal organs; something discarded as refuse) from their festival sacrifices. Interestingly enough, this article used the term “festive” to describe the congregation of people at this rally. And, I believe this rally where these two men were poking fun at our leaders and at our nation fits with God causing us (our leaders and our nation) “to be despised and humiliated before all the people.”

Monday, November 1, 2010 - I had this feeling that the phrase “Gingerbread Men” had a political connotation to it, so I Googled it. My search rendered this link about Stephen Colbert - http://wikiality.wikia.com/Wag_of_the_Finger. That was really interesting since he was the one who was at the National Mall with Jon Stewart Saturday poking fun at U.S. politics, “fear-mongers and doomsayers,” according to the news article about the rally. Anyway, that article led me to an article about the artist’s display. http://wikiality.wikia.com/Gingerbread_men. So, basically, the Gingerbread Men are representing Nazis. And, they are representing the U.S. government and Stephen Colbert, in his comedian way is wagging his finger at our government leaders because they are really Nazis, or some of them are for sure and what they are facing (the west) is definitely a revival of the Nazi movement under the New World Order.

Then, in the scripture, God has more to say. Now he addresses the nation as a whole. He said that the nation, i.e. the people of God had broken faith with God, they had desecrated the sanctuary the Lord loves by marrying the daughter of a foreign god. I believe that is what is happening here. The institutional church in America - in a marriage relationship with the federal government - and the federal government of the U.S.A. have broken faith with God and they are marrying someone else, which is the New World Order and Nazism. The judgment of God on such a people is that the Lord would cut him off.

In the dream, someone or something from the west (the New World Order) whacked and then sliced and diced the two Gingerbread Men (the US government), turned them into crumbs and they became food for someone to the southeast, maybe Venezuela. I believe God has promised over and over again that he is coming in judgment against Washington, D.C. and against its leaders, but he is also coming against our nation and against the institutional church in America who has married this government who has married this daughter of this other god.

The people flooded the Lord’s altar with their tears. They wonder why God no longer pays attention to their offerings. Then, God replies by saying that “It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.” We are promised to Jesus Christ. He is our partner. Yet, the church in America (overall) has broken faith with Jesus Christ and has followed after other gods.

Then, God said that he hated “a man’s covering himself with violence as well as with his garment.” The Gingerbread Men were covered with icing of different colors. The news article used the word “color” to represent people of various nationalities. So, this is speaking of the violence against people of other nations and of our own nation that these Gingerbread Men have done, which is the offal on their faces.

Lastly, the indictment is that the people and their leaders are saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them.” Interesting! So many believers in Jesus Christ are supporting and are promoting political candidates but they don’t realize that many, many of these political leaders on both sides and in the middle are really doing so much evil. They think God is pleased with them. They think God is pleased with our nation, but he is not, and he is not pleased with our leaders in Washington, D.C. nor with many of the political candidates vying for office, including those who are promoting them. The section under which this indictment fell is subtitled “The Day of Judgment.” God is going to judge our leaders, he is going to judge his church in America and he is going to judge our nation because we (overall) have broken faith with God and have followed after other gods and our leaders have married the daughter of a foreign god.

We, as a people of God, and we, as a nation that was once called a Christian nation, need to evaluate our lives, where we have gone and where we are going, and it is essential that we examine our relationship with Jesus Christ. It is absolutely necessary that we seek God’s face concerning our political leaders and allow our Lord to tell us the truth so that we are not following those who are married to the daughter of a foreign god and so we are not calling those who do evil good and think God is pleased with them when he is not. It is necessary that we stop being followers of men, and we need to be followers of God instead.

Jesus, Hold Me Now / Casting Crowns

Living on my own, thinking for myself
Castles in the sand, temporary wealth
Now the walls are falling down
Now the storms are closing in
And here I am again

Jesus, hold me now
I need to feel You in this place
To know You’re by my side
And hear Your voice tonight
Jesus, hold me now
I long for Your embrace
I’m beat and broken down
I can’t find my way out
Jesus, hold me now

Curse this morning sun, drags me into one more day
Of reaping what I’ve sown, living with my shame
Welcome to my world, and the life that I have made
One day you’re a prince, and the next day you’re a slave

Lord, I just looked up today
And realized how far away I am from where You are
I don’t know what else to pray
Broken at Your feet I lay
The life I’ve torn apart

Jesus, hold me now
Jesus, hold me now
Jesus, hold me now
Jesus, hold me now

No comments: