Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Beast

Sunday, November 07, 2010, 7:52 a.m. – I woke this morning from a dream.

THE DREAM: There were these people who put their car in a boat in order to travel somewhere so that they could avoid roadblocks along the way, i.e. to avoid some type of law enforcement, I think. When they got to their destination, then they got out of the boat and into the car, and then they traveled the rest of the way by car. After they did this, then all of a sudden the waterway was filled with boats and people. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Matthew 10:1, 16-42:

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve
1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness…

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

24 “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

40 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. 42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

My Understanding: I read this news story: Obama says 'midcourse corrections' to come at home - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20101107/D9JBAD000.html.

The article stated that Obama, on Sunday, “acknowledged that he must make some ‘midcourse corrections’ if he is to win over a frustrated electorate and work with resurgent Republicans.” He spoke of our “midterm” elections back home to some students in India. The article stated that the Republicans’ win of control of the House… “broadly changed the political landscape as Obama begins looking ahead to his own re-election campaign in 2012.” The article said that “Obama said he will not change his determination to move America forward by… But he said, without elaborating, that the election ‘requires me to make some midcourse corrections and adjustments.” The article mentioned that Obama’s comments “seemed to reflect a deeper acknowledgment of the need for change by the White House, but… Obama stayed purposefully vague on how he would reposition his agenda.” Then, the article mentioned that India is “an emerging power” in Asia and… “because of its rise offers…”

As I prayed for understanding, I believe the Lord gave me insight into how this news article relates to this dream and to this passage of scripture. I believe the Lord is showing me here that these “midcourse corrections and adjustments” are related to this car that was traveling inside of a boat in the water in order to avoid the law, and has now (or will soon) come out of the boat onto land (in the open), and is now continuing its course. This removal of the car (vehicle) from the boat (vehicle) in which it was traveling, in order for it to continue its travel, is equal to Obama’s “midcourse corrections and adjustments.” Literally speaking, Obama’s personal vehicle (car) is called “The Beast.” And, I believe the Lord here is picturing the midcourse of the time of tribulation (whether now or future) in which the Beast comes out of the water (out of where he was hidden) and now is (or will soon be) out in the open and continuing his course (the second half of the tribulation), as I understand it.

Obama said he would not change his determination to move America forward, so I believe this is a picture of the future of America (and the world). The water was to the west and the road to the east. If this is speaking strictly of America, then the water would represent America’s west and the road would represent America’s east. I saw the water like a river with a wall between the water and the land where the road traveled north to south. The west has been where the Lord has shown me that the New World Order was setting up its government, and this has been hidden from Americans (most Americans). And, this Republican win is part of that same New World Order. The picture that I am getting is that midterm of Obama’s term of office we are going to see “The Beast” rise out of this boat in the water and come on to dry land, so that what has been concealed will be disclosed and what has been hidden will be made known (Ref: Matt. 10:26). This may be literally speaking of Obama's mid-point of his term of office or figuratively speaking of the mid-point of the tribulation, yet noting Obama's and our nation's involvement in this process.

At this point, as I thought how this article is about moving America forward, and I thought about how this water (river) and road ran north to south, it reminded me of the superhighway that is supposed to be constructed between Mexico and Canada, which would run somewhat parallel to the Mississippi river - http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15497; http://justgetthere.us/blog/archives/Nafta-Superhighway-Returns-From-The-Dead.html. Whether this is about a literal path or this is speaking figuratively, the picture here is that a path has been opened for the east now to have direct access to our nation (the USA), and that this is going to no longer be hidden inside another vehicle but will be out in the open for everyone to see The Beast, which is the true “emerging power” that is “on the rise”.

This article said about Obama that his comments reflected a deeper acknowledgment of the “need for change” by the White House, yet it remarked how he stayed “purposefully vague on how he would reposition his agenda.” Here I saw this “change” as The Beast rising out of the boat that sat on the water (was traveling on the water) and coming out onto this Super Highway (path) that allows the east access to the west, and I saw this “repositioning of agenda” as the same. I believe that we, as Americans, and as the people of the world will soon begin seeing the reality of what this all means with The Beast coming out of the water, rising and emerging in power and no longer being hidden or concealed as he has been.

What followed this vehicle (car) coming out of the boat in the water was that the water was now filled with other boats and people. This is opening the door into our nation to other nations (boats) as Revelation speaks of the waters as representing many nations, peoples and languages.

These instructions of Jesus to his 12 disciples still apply (mostly/universally) to all of Jesus’ disciples (believers/followers) today. He is sending us out like sheep among wolves. The wolves have been disguised in sheep’s clothing, but the Bible (I believe) tells us that at the midcourse of the tribulation period, the wolves will be seen for what they are and they will no longer be disguised as sheep. In a way, that is good, because then the eyes of those who have been deceived and who have been blinded by the wolves disguised as sheep, thinking they are really sheep, should be opened (though not all eyes will be opened) and those who are truly Jesus’ sheep should no longer be deceived and should no longer follow these wolves disguised as sheep but should follow Jesus at this point wholeheartedly unto death.

During this time of tribulation, in particular, true believers in Jesus can expect to be handed over to authorities to be flogged; to be betrayed by brothers and members of their own families; to be hated and persecuted for the name of Jesus Christ; to be treated as Jesus was treated, even to the point of being called Satan by those who oppose Jesus Christ. Yet, we are not to worry about what to say, because our Lord will give us the words to say. We are not to be afraid of those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul, because God is going to expose those things that have been hidden in the darkness. God cares about those who are his and he will take us safely home to be with him. We must stay true to our Lord Jesus. We must acknowledge our Lord before men even when and if it means persecution and/or death. We must know that all of this is part of being a follower of Jesus; to suffer as He suffered. If the world hated (and hates) Jesus, it will hate us, too, if we are like Jesus in how we live. We must lose our lives for Jesus’ sake if we want to find our lives.

And Can It Be That I Should Gain / Charles Wesley / Thomas Campbell

And can it be, that I should gain
An interest in the Saviour's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! how can it be
That Thou, my God, shoulds't die for me?

'Tis mystery all! The Immortal dies:
Who can explore His strange design?
In vain the first-born seraph tries
To sound the depths of love divine.
'Tis mercy all! let earth adore,
Let angel minds inquire no more.

He left His Father's throne above,
So free, so infinite His grace,
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam's helpless race:
'Tis mercy all, immense and free;
For, O my God, it found out me!

Long my imprisoned spirit lay
Fast bound in sin and nature's night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray,
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth and followed Thee.

No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine!
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach the eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.

No comments: