Because You are Lukewarm
Revelation 3:14-16 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“14To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds; you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were one or the other! 16So because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to vomit you out of My mouth!”
This is speaking of someone who is not totally opposed to
God – Father, Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit – but who is not on fire (enthusiastic)
for him, either. Lukewarm, thus, is to be in a state of inactivity with regard
to a walk of faith in obedience to the Lord, halfhearted, indifferent, and
apathetic. And the lukewarm can be people who know the Scriptures, who even
teach the Scriptures, and who profess some of the truths of the Scriptures
verbally to others, but who do not live what they teach. For they are
spiritually absent.
And God is not okay with that, as some people would have some
of you believing. He is not okay with you just going through the motions of
religious practice while you ignore his commands and you do what your flesh desires
and craves, instead. And this is why he said, “I am about to vomit you out of
my mouth.” And, sadly, this is where many professing Christians are today,
giving lip service to the Lord, but still living to please the flesh in sinful
practices and not in walks of obedience to God in surrender to his will.
You Say, “I Need Nothing!”
Revelation 3:17-19 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“17You say, ‘I am rich; I have grown wealthy and need nothing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, white garments so that you may be clothed and your shameful nakedness not exposed, and salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19Those I love I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent.”
Many people who have professed faith in Jesus Christ are of
the belief, since they prayed the prayer to receive Christ, or they made a
public confession of Jesus as Lord, while claiming to believe in his bodily death
and resurrection, that nothing more is required of them. For many are being
taught and are believing that God does not require of them that they repent of
(turn from) their sins and that they obey God and his commands, in life
practice. For they call that “works salvation.” But repentance and obedience
are required.
So, the writers of the Scriptures, who wrote under the
inspiration of God, taught us what is necessary for salvation from sin and
eternal life with God, and what all God requires of us in thought, word, and
deed. And they taught us to put off all wickedness, sexual immorality, lying,
cheating, stealing, committing adultery, unfaithfulness, and the like, and to live
self-controlled, upright, morally pure, honest, and faithful lives in Christ
Jesus in obedience to his commands, or we will not be saved nor have eternal
life with God.
Jesus is Standing at the Door
Revelation 3:20-22 BSB (Berean Standard Bible)
“20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me. 21To the one who overcomes, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
Now, this writing was addressed to the church in Laodicea.
So, at one time they were those who put their faith in Jesus Christ or they
wouldn’t be called “the church.” Some people believe this is a reference to the
apostate church, i.e. to defectors (deserters) of the faith in the last days,
which makes sense. But then some of them believe that they are beyond
repentance. But if that were so, Jesus would not be knocking at their door and
inviting them into pure fellowship with him as their only Lord and Master. So
there is still hope!
Some people ask, well if they are regarded as one of the
churches, why is Jesus standing outside the door knocking? I believe they began
as true believers but over time they got lazy, and slothful, and got captivated
by the world, and eventually they shut Jesus out and pushed the Holy Spirit
right out of their gatherings. Sadly, it seems that is where the majority of
what are called “churches” here in the USA are presently. For so many are now
partnered with the world and are feeding the flesh, and are not obeying God.
So, please be aware that the Scriptures do not teach that we
can “believe” in Jesus and then keep living however we want, in sinful
addiction, living to please the flesh and not God. What they teach emphatically
is that we must, by faith in Jesus Christ, which comes from God, deny self, die
to sin daily, and follow our Lord in walks of obedience to his commands, as a
matter of life practice. For if sin is what we practice, deliberately and
habitually, we will not have salvation from sin nor eternal life with God. God’s
Word Says!
[Matthew 7:13-14,21-23; Luke 9:23-26; John 10:27-30; Acts
26:18; Romans 1:18-32; Romans 2:5-10; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:1-23; Romans
8:1-14; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,19-20; 1
Corinthians 10:1-22; 2 Corinthians 5:10,15,21; Galatians
5:16-24; Ephesians 2:8-10; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:3-6; Titus 2:11-14;
Hebrews 3:1-19; Hebrews 4:1-13; Hebrews 10:19-39; Hebrews 12:1-2; 1 Peter 2:24;
1 John 1:1-10; 1 John 2:1-6; 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 2:1-29; Revelation
3:1-22]
The Laodicean Church of Today
An Original Work / July 21, 2026
Christ’s Free
Servant, Sue J Love
Laodicea
Based off of Revelation 3:14-22
An Original Work /
April 29, 2011
Christ’s Free Servant, Sue J Love
Laodicea, Laodicea,
I’m calling you.
You hear Me calling,
you hear Me calling. I’m calling you.
Will you not answer?
Will you not answer? I’m calling you.
If you but follow,
if you but follow, I’ll answer you.
Won’t you give Me
your heart and your soul,
So I can cleanse you
and make you whole?
Laodicea, Laodicea,
I’m calling you.
If you will answer,
if you will answer, I’ll come to you.
I stand at your
door; I stand at your door. I’m knocking there.
Will you not listen?
Will you not listen, while I’ll be there?
If you’ll but open,
if you’ll but open your hearts to Me,
I’ll come within
you, I’ll come within you, you’ll sup with Me.
Won’t you buy from
Me some gold and salve?
These costly
treasures are yours to have.
Laodicea, Laodicea,
I’m calling you.
If you will answer,
if you will answer, I’ll come to you.
Are you contented;
are you contented to be lukewarm?
Will you not have
Me? Will you not have Me? Of this I warn –
If you don’t hear
Me, if you don’t hear Me, and so obey,
I will spit you out;
I will spit you out without delay.
So why not heed
this, your final call,
And give to God
absolutely all?
Laodicea, Laodicea,
I’m calling you.
If you will answer,
if you will answer, I’ll come to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment