Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

When the Righteous Cry for Help

Psalms 34:15-19 ESV

 

“The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous

    and his ears toward their cry.

The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,

    to cut off the memory of them from the earth.

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears

    and delivers them out of all their troubles.

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted

    and saves the crushed in spirit.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous,

    but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”

 

Now you may presently be going through a trial, and so you may read this and not find it comforting, for you have prayed for the Lord to deliver you, but to you, he hasn’t, for you are still going through the same trial. Have you ever felt that way? I have! I would read these Old Testament Scriptures with so many promises of deliverance, but then I wasn’t rescued from my trial, and sometimes the trials just got worse. So, where was God?

 

Now, David went through lots of trials, and he wasn’t always physically delivered from them, at least not immediately. And the prophets of the Old Testament went through lots of trials which they endured for many years. I can recall reading where Jeremiah lamented to the Lord, perhaps more than once, regarding his enemies who hated him and regarding how he was being treated. And then look at the New Testament, too.

 

Jesus was treated badly by the Jewish leaders, and they hounded him for years. And eventually they arrested him, gave him a mock trial, beat him beyond recognition, and hung him on a cross to die, although he had done no wrong. And then look at the life of Paul and all his persecutions, and they were many, and the life of the other apostles, and then go back to the Old Testament and read the book of Job.

 

Then go back to the New Testament and read all the Scriptures which talk about trials and tribulations and persecutions and you will realize that we are destined for such as these, and that they are for our good, to train us to be holy people, and to teach us perseverance, and to mature us in our walks of faith, and to prune and to purify us, and so we will share in God’s holiness, and so we will bear the fruit of righteousness in our lives.

 

So, we aren’t always rescued from our physical trials. Some people live in those trials all of their lives, like those who were born with physical handicaps or those who were injured and are now living in wheelchairs, some of whom have to have others bathe and dress them and feed them. But God can turn those trials into a blessing, and God can use us in other people’s lives because of what he is doing in our lives through our trials.

 

So, if you are reading these psalms which talk about how God delivers us out of trials, and you have been praying for deliverance, but the trial has not ended, please do not be disheartened. For, even if the Lord allows us to go through physical trials which test our faith, he has not abandoned us, and the trials are not being wasted. And he will deliver us through them if we put our faith and trust in him, and if we do not lose heart and give up.

 

God has not forsaken you. There is something he wants you to learn from what you are going through, and there is something he wants to do in your life through what he is taking you through. So, don’t get discouraged. Rest in him, and trust him with your life, and believe that he is working this out for good in your life if your trust is in him. And he may be preparing you for a ministry you have not even thought of, and this trial is preparation.

 

The eyes of the Lord are still toward the righteous, and his ears are still attentive to our cries, and when we cry for help, he hears us, and he will help us, but we have to surrender our wills to his will, and we have to submit to his purposes, and accept his sovereignty over our lives, and believe that he has our best in mind. And he may deliver us physically out of the trials, but he will deliver us spiritually and emotionally, if we will let him.

 

Trials and Tribulations: [Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; Jn 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Jn 17:14; Ac 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 2 Tim 3:12; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Jn 3:13; Rev 6:9-11; Rev 7:9-17; Rev 11:1-3; Rev 12:17; Rev 13:1-18; Rev 14:1-13]

 

Hear my Voice

 

An Original Work / July 9, 2012

Based off Psalm 27

 

The Lord is my great salvation.

He’s the stronghold of my life.

When my enemies attack me,

My heart will not fear at all.

Though a war break out against me,

Confident in Christ I’ll be.

Of the Lord, I ask that I may

Live with Him eternally.

 

Hear my voice, Lord, when I call you.

Merciful to me You’ll be.

Though my relatives forsake me,

My Lord God will receive me.

Teach me Your way, O my Jesus.

Lead me in Your righteousness.

I will sacrifice to my Lord.

I will sing with joyfulness.

 

I am confident that I will

See the goodness of the Lord.

All the richness of His blessings,

My Lord has for me in store.

He asks me to be of courage;

To be strong and to take heart,

Patiently as I wait for Him,

And from Him to ne’er depart.

 

https://vimeo.com/119813963

No comments: