Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Heart Transformation

 Video Talk

 

Psalms 139:23-24 ESV

 

“Search me, O God, and know my heart!

    Try me and know my thoughts!

And see if there be any grievous way in me,

    and lead me in the way everlasting!”

 

Have you ever done this? Sincerely? Allowing the Lord Jesus to reveal to you what is hidden in your heart? Have you allowed him to reveal to you any grievous ways in you, either that you are aware of, or that you are not aware of? And if so, what was the result? Did you cooperate with him in getting rid of the things in your heart that needed to be done away with? And then did you allow him to lead you in the way everlasting?

 

This really is a good practice to get into, but we have to mean it, or it doesn’t work. We have to mean business with God, and we must fully intend to follow through with whatever the Lord reveals to us and then in doing whatever he shows us needs to be done. Especially if our Christian lives have gotten sluggish or if we are struggling to be enthusiastic about our walks of faith, this is a good thing to do.

 

I share in the video a little bit of my testimony on this subject. For I was severely abused by my father when I was a child, and since then I have faced a lot of other abuse and mistreatment and persecutions and abandonment and rejection. And the Lord did not deliver me physically out of most of those situations, but he allowed me to suffer at the hands of other people. And at some point in my life I was really struggling in my walk of faith and I turned to sin instead of to the Lord.

 

But then the Lord brought me back and so I was working through a lot of things in prayer, and something I was reading led me to ask the Lord if there was anyone in my life I had not forgiven. The name he gave me was Jesus. Now I did not know that I had unforgiveness in my heart toward Jesus, but when the Lord revealed this to me I knew immediately what he meant. He had not rescued me from many of those situations and so I was bitter, and that bitterness is what led me into sin.

 

And, although Jesus did me no wrong, I still had to forgive him. I had to still release that bitterness and I had to accept his sovereignty over my life. I had to accept that he had placed me in the womb of my mother knowing full well that I was going to be abused. I had to accept that all the bad things happened to me in my life the way they did because God allowed them to happen. For when we go through difficult times, our Lord is making us into the people he wants us to be. He is using the evil that people do against us for his good purposes in our lives in molding us into his likeness.

 

So, when the Lord revealed to me what was in my heart, and I forgave Jesus, and I accepted his sovereignty over my life, he taught me one more thing. Satan has no power over me. Jesus already won that battle for me. I just have to live like I believe that. I have to fight Satan not only defensively but offensively. I have to put on that armor of God daily and use that sword of the Spirit to fight off his lies and his evil attacks against me, but with confidence that he is a defeated foe and that the victory is mine in Christ Jesus, my Lord. Amen!

 

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_RUmfsEkFE

 

Seek the Lord 

 

An Original Work / July 20, 2012

Based off Isaiah 55

 

“Come to Me all you who thirst; come to waters.

Listen to Me, and eat what’s good today,

And your soul will delight in richest of fare.

Give ear to Me, and you will live.

I have made an eternal covenant with you.

Wash in the blood of the Lamb.”

 

Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him.

Let the wicked forsake his way, in truth.

Let him turn to the Lord, and he will receive mercy.

Freely, God pardons him.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

Nor are your ways My ways,”

declares the Lord, our God.

 

“My word that goes out of My mouth is truthful.

It will not return to Me unfulfilled.

My word will accomplish all that I desire,

And achieve the goal I intend.

You will go in joy and be led forth in peace.

The mountains will burst into song… before you,

And all of the trees clap their hands.”

 

https://vimeo.com/379408296

No comments: