Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, February 5, 2023

The Floods Lift Up Their Roaring

Psalms 93:1-2 ESV

 

“The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty;

    the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt.

Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

Your throne is established from of old;

    you are from everlasting.”

 

Jesus Christ, our Lord, is the King of the whole world. He is fully sovereign and in control over all that He has made. Nothing escapes his notice. And nothing can thwart his purposes. His purposes will stand for he will make them stand. Although it may appear the enemy is gaining ground, God still is King. His will and his purpose will be accomplished. Amen!

 

Psalms 93:3 ESV

 

“The floods have lifted up, O Lord,

    the floods have lifted up their voice;

    the floods lift up their roaring.”

 

This is speaking of our enemies. For, if we are the Lord’s true sheep, and so we are his servants and messengers, and so we are walking in obedience to his commands, in practice, and so we are walking in holiness and in righteousness, in his power and strength, then Satan and his demons are against us, and any humans who are opposed to the gospel of our salvation are also going to be opposed to us who are obeying our Lord.

 

And in our day and time here in America, we have multitudes of people who are opposed to the truth of the gospel. Even many who profess faith in Jesus Christ don’t want to hear the true gospel. So they surround themselves with people who will tell them what their itching ears want to hear. For they want to hear “feel good” messages which do not confront them with their sins, and which do not call them to repentance and to obedience to our Lord, and which do not warn them of judgment if they do not repent and obey the Lord. And they have plenty of people willing to give them such as that.

 

So, the gospel message that is permeating the church here in America teaches that we can make a profession of faith in Jesus Christ and now our sins are forgiven (past, present, and future), and now heaven is guaranteed us upon death, regardless of how we live our lives on this earth. But that is of man, not of God, and it is a lie, not the truth of the gospel, but it is what the majority have bought into because they can keep on sinning.

 

But the truth of the gospel is that Jesus died that we might die with him to sin and live to him and to his righteousness. And he said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (daily die to sin and to self) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if we die with Christ to sin and we walk in righteousness, in obedience to his commands, then we have eternal life with God (1 Peter 2:24; Luke 9:23-26; Romans 6:1-23; Romans 8:1-14; 1 John 1:5-10; 1 John 2:3-6; 1 John 3:4-10).

 

But that is not a very popular message today, especially with so many institutional market-driven “churches” (businesses) now trying to attract large crowds of people from the world to their gatherings. For they have made many compromises with the world in order to attract the world to their gatherings, which includes diluting the gospel message to make it more acceptable to human flesh and to the people of the world. So they really don’t want people in their “churches” (businesses) who might talk about repentance and obedience and disobedience and judgment.

 

And so, if you are trying to follow the Lord with your life, in obedience to his commands, but you are still in an institutional market-driven “church,” then you are probably meeting with some resistance, and you may be even encouraged to “go someplace else where you will be a better fit.”

 

Psalms 93:4-5 ESV

 

“Mightier than the thunders of many waters,

    mightier than the waves of the sea,

    the Lord on high is mighty!

Your decrees are very trustworthy;

    holiness befits your house,

    O Lord, forevermore.”

 

Amen! Hallelujah! So, no matter how much opposition we are coming up against because we are teaching the truth of the gospel, and not the lies which are so popular, God is mightier than all of it! Our opposition cannot overpower God. They cannot thwart his purposes. And he has the last word! So, despite all their many efforts to destroy the truth of the gospel and to do away with it, it lives on. For God’s word will never pass away (Matt 24:35).

 

And no matter what we are having to endure personally, because we are holding on to a truth that so many are rejecting, our Lord is with us, and he loves us, and he is watching over us, and he will help us through it all if we would just surrender it all to him and let him lead and then just follow him wherever he leads us. We can’t let what others do to us or how they speak to us take us out. We must remain strong in our walks of faith and obedience, and just keep on keeping on despite all opposition and any seeming setbacks. For God is still sovereign over our lives.

 

And none of this takes our Lord by surprise. So whatever we are going through, it is all in God’s hands, and he has a plan for it in our lives in making us and in molding us into his likeness, and in making us into the people of God he wants us to be. And sometimes when humans shut doors in our faces, it is because God allowed it so he could open a different door for us to walk through. Like when I was rejected by the institutional church, the Lord just sent me to the internet to share what he is teaching me through his word each day. But this was his plan for me all along.

 

So, don’t be disheartened, and don’t be discouraged if you are facing persecution and rejection for righteousness’ sake. Just keep following the Lord in obedience, and he will work it all out for good.

 

[Matt 5:10-16; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Matt 28:18-20; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; John 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Acts 1:8; Acts 14:22; Acts 26:18; Rom 5:3-5; Rom 12:1-8; 1 Co 12:1-31; 2 Co 1:3-11; Eph 4:1-16; Eph 5:17-27; Phil 3:7-11; Col 3:16; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; Heb 3:13; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 2:9; 1 Pet 4:12-17]

 

You Loved Me

 

An Original Work / December 3, 2019

A song based off the poem by the same name

 

When I was lonely and afflicted,

You were there to pick me up.

You took me in Your arms,

And You held me tenderly.

 

Your love embraced me.

Your grace sustained me.

 

When my heart cried out to You

In my fear and my despair,

You never turned away,

But You let me know You loved me.

 

Your grace forgave me.

You did not shame me.

 

Then, when I answered the call,

“Here, Lord, send me.”

You sent me to where I must be.

Your mercy held me, did not fail me.

All this, You had planned, to use me.

 

And, when all trials and scorn

Came to test me.

You gave me all that I would need.

You strengthened me so I’d not fail You.

Your kindness blessed me, it touched me.

 

And, when I needed the church

To lift up me,

To hearten me so I’d not fail,

You blessed me with folks who would love me.

Their presence with me, Your praise hailed!

 

And, when I walked through the valley

Of the shadow of the death,

And tears flowed from my eyes,

Still Your kindness was there for me.

 

Your touch, it healed me.

For I believed You.

 

When now I think about the ways,

Of the many, many ways

That You in Your great love

Show me that You’ll always care for me,

 

My heart, it thanks You,

And gladness fills me, fills me.

 

https://vimeo.com/377807796

No comments: