Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Quartet Revived

Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 6:19 a.m. – I woke this morning from a dream.

THE DREAM: We got our quartet back together - my military son, my husband, a combination of two friends of ours rolled into one person (C-J), and myself. We were in a building some place and we decided to practice out in a hall in the building that was just outside another section of the building that appeared to be different from the other parts of the building. C-J asked about us singing at West End Church for one of their meetings. I think they were having a week or two of meetings. We had not been to West End Church in a while, so we were going to be more like guest artists.

I asked my husband which part our military son was going to sing. I suggested that whoever had the strongest voice should sing tenor, which turned out to be C-J, and I suggested that my husband and military son should both sing bass. C-J pulled out the music for us to sing, and then he began to sing and to lead us in singing, but all the music was on the floor in front of him. We had no hymn books to sing out of, so I asked for us to have some of the hymn books.

Then, C-J pulled out some sheet music to a song that sounded very old and Shakespearean-like. I told him that I wasn’t sure about this piece of music. He got upset with me. He was standing to my right. He asked me who the leader was, i.e. implying that I was trying to take over. I said that I was just concerned about the words to the songs that we sing. The words are really important. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Zechariah 7:

Justice and Mercy, Not Fasting
1 In the fourth year of King Darius, the word of the LORD came to Zechariah on the fourth day of the ninth month, the month of Kislev. 2 The people of Bethel had sent Sharezer and Regem-Melech, together with their men, to entreat the LORD 3 by asking the priests of the house of the LORD Almighty and the prophets, "Should I mourn and fast in the fifth month, as I have done for so many years?"

4 Then the word of the LORD Almighty came to me: 5 "Ask all the people of the land and the priests, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months for the past seventy years, was it really for me that you fasted? 6 And when you were eating and drinking, were you not just feasting for yourselves? 7 Are these not the words the LORD proclaimed through the earlier prophets when Jerusalem and its surrounding towns were at rest and prosperous, and the Negev and the western foothills were settled?' "

8 And the word of the LORD came again to Zechariah: 9 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. 10 Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'

11 "But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and stopped up their ears. 12 They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.

13 " 'When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,' says the LORD Almighty. 14 'I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations, where they were strangers. The land was left so desolate behind them that no one could come or go. This is how they made the pleasant land desolate.' "

My Understanding: I read these news stories: Indonesia tsunami kills 113; scores more missing - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20101026/D9J3F0DO0.html; Indonesia hit by deadly Tsunami, Volcanic eruption - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20101027/D9J3O3G00.html; 'Chiclone' buffets Illinois; tornado watch issued - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20101026/D9J3G8GO0.html; Massive windstorm howls across nation's midsection - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20101027/D9J3O3NO0.html

I am still praying this through, but believe very much that this dream is related to these news stories. The Lord has used “singing” before to represent storms. It was an earthquake that triggered the Tsunami, and the windstorm in the Midwest was given two different names. I sensed that the two friends who shared the same character (two names for one person) that sang tenor because they had the loudest and most powerful voices represented the storm in the Midwest. I also sensed that my husband and our military son represented the earthquake and Tsunami, one producing the other, and they both sang bass, which produces much vibration, like would be found with an earthquake, which would mean that my husband represents the earthquake and that produced the Tsunami just like my husband produced our son (gave seed to). That would leave me symbolizing or personifying the volcanic eruption, which makes sense since I am married to my husband and am the mother of our son and both the Earthquake/Tsunami and the volcanic eruption took place in Indonesia. The main message I have gotten so far is that these were all man-made and that they are the product of the U.S. government and their friends (allies).

There is an indictment in this passage of scripture against God’s people. Today, this would be talking about the church, i.e. true believers in Jesus Christ. The picture here is that the people of God were performing religious rituals and going through forms of religion and forms of worship by fasting and mourning at certain times during the year. The Lord asked them the question, “When you fasted and mourned, was it really for me you were fasting?” I believe the answer was obvious. No, they were not truly fasting for the Lord. They were just going through the motions. And, then the Lord suggested that when they feasted that they did not do that with Him in mind, either, but they did it for themselves. Then, the Lord gave them words of instruction as to how they should conduct themselves.

The scripture then records that the people stubbornly refused to pay attention, and in fact they turned their backs on God and they stopped up their ears. Wow! And, this is happening again today among God’s people. They made (and make) their hearts so hard toward God that it angered God. He said that since when he called they did not listen, now when they call, he will not listen. Then he declared his judgment against them – he would scatter them with a whirlwind among the nations. I believe this is an indictment against the church and the government of the USA and perhaps also against their allies. I believe God is using our government and their allies as his instruments of divine judgment on the nations so that the nations will know that God Almighty is the One and only true God and so that they will turn their hearts in faith and obedience to Jesus Christ, and that judgment includes using our own government against its own people via acts of man-made storms and the like.

Yet, in a previous dream or vision I saw the storm more symbolically speaking and of a political nature in driving by a strong force of wind our nation into the mouth of the Cobra snake, i.e. the New World Order, so perhaps it is both a literal storm as well as a political storm of changing the nature and the course of our nation. Again, I believe God is allowing these storms in order to drive us into his arms of mercy, so we must also see these storms as God running to us in his divine mercy to bring us to our knees, so that he can show us his marvelous grace and mercy and forgiveness for our sins and restoration to a right relationship with Him.

When God Ran / Phillips, Craig and Dean

Almighty God, the great I am
Immovable rock, omnipotent, powerful, awesome Lord
Victorious warrior, commanding King of Kings
Mighty conqueror, and the only time
the only time I ever saw Him run

The day I left home I knew I’d broken His heart
And I wondered then if things could ever be the same
Then one night I remembered His love for me
And down that dusty road ahead I could see
It was the only time – it was the only time I ever saw Him run

And then He ran to me, He took me in His arms
Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again”
Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes
With forgiveness in His voice He said,
“Son do you know I still love you?”
He caught me by surprise as He brought me to my knees
When God ran – I saw Him run to me

I was so ashamed, all alone and so far away
But now I know He’s been waiting for this day

No comments: