Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Monday, September 4, 2023

They Said He Was Out of His Mind

Mark 3:20-22 ESV


“Then he went home, and the crowd gathered again, so that they could not even eat. And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for they were saying, ‘He is out of his mind.’ And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, ‘He is possessed by Beelzebul,’ and ‘by the prince of demons he casts out the demons.’” 


And we read in Matthew 10:24-25 that if they called the master of the house (meaning Jesus Christ) Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household (referring to us who believe in Jesus Christ and who are following him with our lives in doing what he has called us to do, as his servants and messengers).


So, don’t be surprised, if you are walking in obedience to the Lord, according to the Scriptures, and if you are living holy lives, pleasing to him, and if you are sharing the truth of the gospel, and especially if you are refuting the lies of the enemy, if people come against you and attack you and falsely accuse you of being crazy or of being of Satan. For Jesus said we would be hated and mistreated as he was, and that we will be maligned as he was, too.


Mark 3:23-26 ESV


“And he called them to him and said to them in parables, ‘How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end.’”


This reminded me of this passage of Scripture from Galatians 5:16-17:


“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.”


Flesh cannot drive out flesh, for they are in agreement with each other, not opposed to each other. Flesh also cannot walk by the Spirit, for the flesh is opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit is opposed to the flesh. So if you are still walking according to the flesh, and if sin is still your practice, your habit, and so you are still continuing to sin against the Lord deliberately and habitually, and against other humans, too, then you can’t be of the Spirit.


And if you are walking by the Spirit, and you are not sinning against the Lord, in practice, and so you are not living to gratify the sinful cravings of the flesh, but you are walking (in conduct, in practice) in holiness and in righteousness, and in obedience to the Lord, then you can’t be of Satan. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh. And Satan is opposed to God – Father, Son (Jesus Christ) and Holy Spirit. And God is opposed to Satan.


But those who are teaching Scriptures out of context, and who are twisting them to make them say what the Scriptures do not teach, they will accuse you of being of Satan, or of walking by the flesh, or of being crazy, or of teaching “works salvation,” etc., because you are teaching the truth of the Scriptures, in context, and because you are pointing out the lies of Satan. So they will malign you for teaching the truth because they love the lies.


[Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; Jn 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Jn 17:14; Ac 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 2 Tim 3:12; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12; 1 Jn 3:13; Rev 6:9-11; Rev 7:9-17; Rev 11:1-3; Rev 12:17; Rev 13:1-18; Rev 14:1-13]


Songs in the Night  


An Original Work / December 18, 2013


“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25 NIV ‘84


Lord, I praise You forevermore.

You, my Savior, I now adore.

Hope in heaven awaiting me,

Because You died at Calvary.


I have been forgiven,

And I’m bound for heaven.

Jesus set me free from

All my sin, I say.

I will praise Him always!


Lord, I love You for all You’ve done:

Overcame death, my vict’ry won!

Jesus saved me, and now I’m free!

I rejoice in His love for me.


I will walk in vict’ry!

My sin is but hist’ry!

I am free to please Him

With my life today.

I will love Him always!


Lord, I thank You for giving me

A new life bought at Calvary.

Loving Jesus, I meet with Him.

Tender mercies now flow within.


Lord, I am so thankful;

Through my Lord, I’m able

To sit at His table;

Fellowship with Him.

I will thank Him always!


https://vimeo.com/379484387

No comments: