Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Monday, September 25, 2023

Keep the Faith! Keep Pressing On!

I am being impressed of the Lord Jesus today to write a word of personal testimony. So, for some of you, this will be repetitious, while for others of you this may be new to you. I believe there is someone who will read this today who will need to hear this word of encouragement, and that is why the Lord Jesus is having me share this today with you all. And at this moment, I do not know exactly what the Lord will have me write.

 

I can tell you that I believe the words in Psalms 139. I believe that God – Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit – formed me in the womb of my mother, and that I was fearfully and wonderfully made by him, and in His book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. In other words, God had a specific plan and purpose for my life even from before he created the world.

 

[Jer 1:1-19; Ps 139:13-16; Rom 1:6-7; Rom 8:28-29; 1 Co 1:9; 1 Co 12:1-31; Gal 5:13; Eph 1:3-4; 1 Thess 4:7; 2 Tim 1:8-9; 1 Pet 1:14-16; 1 Pet 2:9; 2 Pet 1:3]

 

But Satan fought against me from birth on up to the present. For my dad was a bully and an abuser in the worst ways. My mother was emotionally neglectful. Then I married a man who I believed to be a Christian, but he turned out to be a sex addict. Then I had pastors who rejected me and who mistreated me and who had no use for me or who judged me falsely and unfairly and who did not encourage me and who did not support me.

 

And there were times in my Christian walk when that got to me and when I retreated and when I did not follow the ways of the Lord as I should have, for I responded in fear, a fear I learned early on when living with an abusive father. But the Lord pulled me out of those situations and he brought me to the place in my life where I was ready, by his grace, to receive a calling from him for my life which I would never have imagined in my wildest dreams.

 

In 2004 he called me to write down what he teaches me from his word each day and to put these writings on the internet so that “a runner could run with it.” And “Run With It” became the title of my blog. At first it was mainly the Lord teaching me what I needed to learn, and correcting things I had learned wrongly. So he had to awaken my mind to understand all sorts of things I didn’t before know, related to the world, the church, and his word.

 

I had no support from anyone from the beginning, just the belief that God was calling me to this ministry and this is what I was to do. So all my life up to this point had been in preparation for me to do this ministry God was calling me to, for the Lord knew I was not going to have support or encouragement much at all from anyone. So when I first began to get responses on my blog, every day I thanked the Lord for even the slightest bit of encouragement. But I would still have done it without it.

 

Seven years went by, and then he called me to write biblically based songs, which I had never done before, and so I trusted him with that, and I had much to learn. But my voice was old, and these were not professional recordings, and so I didn’t get a lot of encouragement there, either. But I pressed on and kept writing and singing with my old voice, trusting the Lord that he was using these songs with someone somewhere.

 

Seven more years passed by and then he had me write a detailed testimony of my life. And then he began giving me poetry to write (without music). And then two more years passed and he had me begin doing talk video devotions, and then maybe a year or two later he had me begin writing Christian memes to post on social media. And I do get some encouragement, but not a lot, but I keep going doing God’s will for my life.

 

And about 11 years ago he gave me a song to write which he encouraged me to get professionally recorded, but still with my old voice. At first I rejected the idea when I was first presented with the idea, but then I was asked if I had prayed about it. I had not, sad to say. So, I prayed, and God could not have been more clear to me that I was to go, and my husband agreed, and so I worked with a music producer to put this song together.

 

Then I lost my voice. So, I prayed. The Lord still said, “Go!” My husband agreed, and so we drove to Nashville, TN, to record this song. Still no voice even as I stood outside the recording booth. I was there totally on faith. And I entered that recording booth totally on faith, trusting the Lord that his will would be accomplished no matter what. And when I opened my voice to sing, the voice he wanted me to have was there, and then it was gone.

 

But the song got recorded. And I know God had a special purpose for it, but 11 years later I still don’t know what that is. But the more I observe what is going on in our present world the more I see the relevance, not only of the lyrics, but of the pictures he led me to for the song presentation. And I still believe God has a special purpose for this song, but I don’t have to know what that is, and I don’t have to see that in my lifetime.

 

Nonetheless, he is giving me little glimpses here and there of the importance of this ministry to which he has called me, and of the importance of it in other people’s lives, as well as in my own life. And I believe he wants me to encourage you today to never give up hope. If God has called you to a ministry, but you are not seeing the fruit for your labors, just trust the Lord in it, and keep on doing what he has called you to do even if you don’t see how God is using you or how he is using what he has given you to share.

 

For Our Nation  

 

An Original Work / September 11, 2012

 

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.

Jesus Christ is gently calling

You to follow Him in all ways.

Trust Him with your life today.

Make Him your Lord and your Savior.

Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.

He will forgive you of your sin;

Cleanse your heart, made new within.

 

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.

On our knees to God we’re praying,

Seeking God to give us answers

That are only found in Him.

God is sovereign over all things.

Nothing from His mind escaping.

He has all things under His command,

And will work all for good.

 

Jesus Christ is gently calling

You to follow Him in all ways.

 

Men deceiving: We’re believing

In our Lord, and interceding

For our nation and its people

To obey their God today.

He is our hope for our future.

For our wounds He offers suture.

He is all we need for this life.

Trust Him with your life today.

 

https://vimeo.com/379406352

 

No comments: