Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, October 2, 2022

With Man This is Impossible

Matthew 19:23-26 NIV

 

“Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.’

 

“When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, ‘Who then can be saved?’

 

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”

 

I had this last verse on one of those little cards with memory verses with a short little devotion on the back of the card. But the danger of sharing just one verse like verse 26, absent of its context, is that it can be interpreted so many different ways. And so we need to watch out for that. And this is why the Lord has me encouraging you regularly to read the Scriptures, and to read them in context, for Scriptures taken out of context can be made to say anything, and many false doctrines are formed that way.

 

So today the Lord had me do another talk video based off this passage of Scripture, which shares the gospel of Jesus Christ and how we can be saved from our sins but also how many people are teaching false doctrines of salvation from sin based off of verses taught outside their context.

 

In the video, I was sharing Scripture references from memory and I said 1 John 6:9-10 instead of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, so if you try to find 1 John 6:9-10, it doesn’t exist, for 1 John has only 5 chapters. But in these videos I am just talking like I would if I was sitting across the room from you, so these videos are not scripted at all. I don’t really even know what I am going to talk about ahead of time other than the Lord usually gives me a Scripture.

 

And I believe he guides me in what to say like he guides me in what to write, but I can’t proofread and correct videos like I can writings. And even in writing there are no guarantees I won’t miss a word or say the wrong word or put a comma in the wrong place, etc., for sometimes my brain goes ahead of my fingers, or the other way around. But that just shows that I am human and not a robot (smile).

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwkor-oopw

Caution: This link may contain ads

 

‘Til The Storm Passes By

 

By Thomas Mosie Lister

 

In the dark of the midnight have I oft hid my face

While the storm howls above me, and there's no hiding place

'Mid the crash of the thunder, Precious Lord, hear my cry

Keep me safe till the storm passes by

 

Many times Satan whispered

There is no use to try

For there's no end of sorrow, there's no hope by and by

But I know Thou art with me, and tomorrow I'll rise

Where the storms never darken the skies

 

Till the storm passes over, till the thunder sounds no more

Till the clouds roll forever from the sky

Hold me fast, let me stand in the hollow of Thy hand

Keep me safe till the storm passes by

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_obOSQoOpQ

Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: