Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, October 21, 2022

Shining Like Bright Lights

Philippians 2:14-16 ESV

 

“Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.”

 

“Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless” (NLT).

 

Well, this is another video talk. And the verse that I got out of my little memory verse holder was in the New Living Translation, and so that is why I have two translations here instead of just one. These two translations are worded slightly different from each other, but overall they both seem to be giving the same or a very similar message.

 

The main message that I got from this today has to do with the spiritual condition of today’s modern market-driven churches which are often being led by charlatans and wolves in sheep’s clothing who are teaching lies (half-truths) and not the whole truth of the gospel, and so they are leading many people to follow after the lies instead of to follow after the truth.

 

So, we, as followers of Jesus Christ, need to be those who are living godly and holy lives so that we can shine like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. But we need to know that this world full of crooked and perverse people is now within the gatherings of what is called “church” today. And so we need to shine as bright lights in the gatherings of these churches, too, and we need to be sharing the full truth of the gospel.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEBsr1s2x5g

Caution: This link may contain ads beyond my control

 

Should I Not Preach Jesus

 

An Original Work / July 4, 2013

Based off 1 Corinthians 9:16-10:13

 

Woe to me should I not preach Jesus.

I’m compelled to preach the full gospel.

I make myself a slave to ev’ryone

To win their hearts to Christ.

All this I do for my Lord Jesus,

And for the sake of His Name;

Do it for the sake of His gospel,

So that I, its blessings gain.

 

Scripture notates the sins of others;

Written down for us as examples

To keep us from setting our hearts

On evil as did those of old.

Do not worship other gods of man;

Do not give your hearts to them;

Not partake in immorality.

Do not test your Lord and King.

 

So, be careful if you think you are

Standing firm in your faith in Jesus.

God has given his word to warn us,

So through faith we will not fall.

No temptation has o’ertaken you

Except what is commonplace.

God is faithful to not let you be

Tempted past what you can bear.

He gives the way of escape.

 

https://vimeo.com/116057811

No comments: