Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, October 14, 2022

Lead Me, Lord, in Your Truth

Psalms 25:4-5 ESV

 

“Make me to know your ways, O Lord;

    teach me your paths.

Lead me in your truth and teach me,

    for you are the God of my salvation;

    for you I wait all the day long.”

 

In the talk video that follows here I shared a little bit of my testimony of God’s calling on my life to write down what he teaches me from his word each day and to post it on the internet so that the internet could take it to the people. But the main thrust of what the Lord led me to share here is of the importance of reading the Scriptures in their context.

 

Back in 2004, when the Lord called me to this present ministry, he had me read through the Bible, in context. I don’t think I had ever read through the entire Bible before, so it was a very educational and spiritually enlightening experience for me. I was able to connect many “dots” that I hadn’t connected before, regarding biblical history, and that was most helpful.

 

And then he had me primarily reading from the Psalms through to Revelation and then back to the Psalms through to Revelation, and this went on for about 12 years, from like 2004 to 2016. And what this did for me was to teach me the Scriptures in their context. And I learned many things I didn’t know before, and I had to unlearn some things I had learned wrongly.

 

So, the encouragement here is to make certain that you read the Scriptures in their context, for many false doctrines come from Scriptures taught outside their context. And then test everything you read or hear or think you see coming from others who profess faith in Jesus Christ to make certain that what they are sharing with you is the truth, but test them against the Scriptures in their full context.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm_5AbMoz2Q

Caution: This link may contain ads over which I have no control

 

The Peace of Christ  

 

An Original Work / October 31, 2011

Based off of Col. 3:1-17; Eph. 5:19-20

 

Let the word of Christ dwell in you,

As you teach with all wisdom,

Teaching one another to not

Think on earthly things;

Think instead on things above,

Where Christ sits with God, in love,

Saving us from all of our sins,

Cleansing us; made new within.

 

Let the peace of Christ rule your hearts,

As you sing songs unto Him;

Speak to one another with psalms,

Hymns, and spir’tual songs;

Always giving thanks to God,

In the name of Christ, His Son,

Who gave His life up for us all,

And gave us eternal life.

 

Let the love of Christ within you

Rule in your hearts; grace within,

Purifying you from your sin,

Make you whole within.

Forgive as the Lord forgave.

Show His kindness ev’ry day.

In word or deed, whate’er you do,

Glory give to Jesus Christ.

 

https://vimeo.com/125863950

1 comment:

Christsfreeservnt said...

Alternate link: https://vimeo.com/760191628