Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

When I Am Afraid

The Lord has been taking me through a trial right now with bed bugs. I never had bed bugs before. I didn’t think I would ever get them, either. Yet, through this trial the Lord has been rearranging my priorities, and has been purifying my heart to make me more like Jesus.

He, as well, has been teaching me to rest in him through this. We have had the bugs nearly 2 weeks now (10/17/16), but the Lord has not yet seen fit to deliver us from them. Instead, he has been encouraging me to find my strength in him, to rest in him, to not fret, and to let him work in my life what he wants to do for the praise of his glory, and for my good.

This morning (10/18/16), when we woke up, there was a brown recluse (poisonous) spider on our kitchen sink. Yesterday I saw a flea on my desk, and my husband found a dead tick on our bathroom floor. I feel like there is a bug convention going on here right now. I believe I am being tested, and that the Lord is preparing me for even greater trials yet to come. In all things, I am learning more and more to rest in Jesus, and to not be afraid, no matter what may come my way. All glory to God!

When I Am Afraid / An Original Work
October 17, 2016 / Based off Psalms 56-57

When I am afraid, Lord, I will trust in You.
Your Word, Lord, I praise. I yield my life to You.
Enemies pursue me, slandering Your Name.
Lord, have mercy. I trust in You. Hear my cry today.

Lord, I love Your Word. It comforts me today,
As I look to you, and bow my head and pray.
You are Christ, my Lord. You saved me from my sin,
That I may walk, Lord before You, purified within.

Steadfast is my heart, O God, I sing of You.
I will praise You, Lord. To You, I will be true.
Oh, how great Your love. Your faithfulness endue.
Be exalted, God of heaven. Glory be to You.


No comments: