Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Storm Surge

Saturday, October 8, 2016, 5:16 a.m. – The Lord Jesus, once again, put the song “For Our Nation” in my mind. This song has been strong in my mind for weeks now. I believe it is because the forces of evil are strong in this world now, and that our world and our individual nations need prayer more than any other time in history. I live in the USA, and I know without a doubt that we are in serious need of prayer. I believe the Lord is applying this psalm today to America, and to the wayward and worldly church here.

Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Psalm 38 (NASB).

A Psalm of David, for a memorial.

O Lord, rebuke me not in Your wrath,
And chasten me not in Your burning anger.
For Your arrows have sunk deep into me,
And Your hand has pressed down on me.
There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your indignation;
There is no health in my bones because of my sin.
For my iniquities are gone over my head;
As a heavy burden they weigh too much for me.
My wounds grow foul and fester
Because of my folly.
I am bent over and greatly bowed down;
I go mourning all day long.
For my loins are filled with burning,
And there is no soundness in my flesh.
I am benumbed and badly crushed;
I groan because of the agitation of my heart…

Do not forsake me, O Lord;
O my God, do not be far from me!
Make haste to help me,
O Lord, my salvation! (vv. 1-8, 21-22)

Over my Head

When I read this passage this morning, verse 4 stood out to me. It says, “My iniquities are gone over my head; as a heavy burden they weigh too much for me.” I wanted to understand what this was saying, so I looked it up to see what the Bible commentators were saying about it. I read that it means like waves of the sea above his head; the feeling of being overwhelmed and nearly drowned. I read, as well, that this could be a reference to the guilt he felt for his sins, or it could be in reference to the punishment he received for his sins, i.e. God’s divine correction and discipline in his life. The burden of the guilt he felt for his sins or the burden of the punishment for his sin, to him, was like a tsunami or a “storm surge.”

I could not help but feel that this was somehow related to the news, so I spent some time this morning reading what the news was reporting, although I question the legitimacy of most of what they say. One of the stories headlining the news was about Hurricane Matthew, which purportedly caused much damage in Haiti and then went up the east coast of the USA, now as far as South Carolina, I believe. From what I have heard first-hand from people I know, the storm was not as bad as what they had predicted, but there were high winds and rain, and the news reported flooding. But, what stood out to me in all these stories was the continual mention of something called a “storm surge.” I read somewhere that this was a new phenomenon, but I could not find anything to substantiate that yet.

I read on Wikipedia that a “storm surge is a coastal flood or tsunami-like phenomenon of rising water commonly associated with low pressure weather systems (such as tropical cyclones and strong extratropical cyclones).” A tsunami is “a very high, large wave in the ocean that is usually caused by an earthquake under the sea and that can cause great destruction when it reaches land” (dictionary.com). So, one is purportedly caused by a low pressure weather system while the other is caused by an earthquake under the sea. Yet, they seem to have similar effects. I am no scientist, so I can’t tell you if that makes sense or not. But, let me continue…

Another Storm

Another storm was brewing in the news, too, and this one has to do with the two candidates who are running for the highest political office in the United States of America, i.e. who are vying for the title of president of the USA. Evidently, according to the news media, which can’t be trusted, it has been revealed that there were tape recordings from 2005 of Donald Trump saying sexually lewd and degrading comments about women, and now Donald Trump is supposedly losing much of his support from the Republican party. Now, I will state here that I believe Trump and Clinton are both actors, and they both answer to the same people, or they are among the people the governments of the world answer to, which is comprised of the wealthy, powerful and elite of this world, and that there is no right or left politically.

Other “storms” which have carried the news the past several months, in particular, have to do with all these mostly orchestrated mass killings, and cop killings, and cops killing blacks, and subsequent riots, and other “surges” that were not at that level before in America, such as the massive global push against intolerance and for bringing the whole world together as one united people of one united faith where we all join hands together and sing “Kumbaya.” I read this: “In the US, however, the song was associated with Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and other campers sitting around a campfire in perfect harmony. The picture of a warm, cozy community without conflict associated itself with the song” (Source: alphadictionary.com). Exactly!

A Different Kind

So, what does all this mean, and what does it have to do with this passage in Psalm 38? Well, I looked up the words “storm” and “surge” separately. This is what I learned: “Storm” means “a sudden occurrence of something in large amounts; a situation in which many people are angry, upset, etc.; a tumultuous outburst ” (M-W Dictionary); a “Riot, uprising, disorder, revolt, and/or revolution” (dictionary.com). And, “surge” means to “flood, overwhelm, drown or submerge.”

What I believe the Lord is showing me here is two-fold. For one, in case you have not noticed, a “storm surge” of a different kind has been going on within our nation for some time now, and the waves are getting higher and higher, and we, as a nation, are about to drown. Yet, America did not wake up one morning and all of a sudden decide to have mass shootings and cop/black killings back-to-back in rapid succession followed by riots, protests, and the like. No! This is the same M.O. used by the N.W.O. in many other nations, over the past 10 years or so, in taking them down (over). And, nearly everyone I have spoken with about this political contest for president of the USA says it is a circus, and they have never seen anything like it ever before in the history of our nation. Many people feel it is really a choice between the lesser of the two evils. So, what is going on?

I believe America is being taken down, i.e. she is being taken over by the New World Order “beast,” who will bring “order out of chaos,” but chaos which this “beast” first orchestrated, and of which our government is a part, and is leading the charge, in many cases, i.e. in a willful course to self-destruct. Our enemy is within the gates, and is taking us apart one piece at a time until there is nothing left of the America we once knew, or at least we imagined that we once had. And, this political contest and the mass shootings, and cop/black killings and riots and protests (most all orchestrated, I believe) are all part of the game plan to destroy America from within. And, soon, we will be under the authority of this New World Order, and the America we once knew and loved will be only a memory.

But, this is not just about the takeover of America, as a nation, but it is about the obliteration of our sovereign government, and it is about the destruction of the gospel, as taught by Jesus and his NT apostles. And, it is concerning the silencing of the Lord’s messengers, and the forcing of people of all nations and all religions and all walks of life to come together in perfect harmony as one unified world under a one-world dictatorship and a one-world religion. This, I believe, is the purpose of all these “storm surges,” i.e. the political unrest, mass killings, racial tensions, etc. we are experiencing in America, in order that the N.W.O. can come in and “save the day.”

A Heavy Burden

I said this “storm surge” was two-fold. The other part of this, I believe, is that we are being judged by Almighty God for our many sins, as a nation, and as the church in this nation. Our Lord is trying to get our attention, as the people of this nation, before things come crashing down all around us. He is calling out to our nation, and to the wayward church in this nation, to repent of our sins of idolatry, witchcraft, spiritual adultery, and murder, etc. He wants to save human lives from their sinful condition, and he wants to revive his wayward church, and to return her to pure devotion to him as her only Lord (owner-master). So, I believe all this craziness (the storm surges) we have been witnessing for some time now, although plotted out by our enemies in order to destroy us, is all in God’s plan and purpose for the people of this nation, and for his church here, in order to save us from our sins and from self-destructing spiritually, and in order to revive his church, and to bring them back to him in pure devotion and fellowship.

So, God is calling out to us today to hear his voice speaking to our hearts and to walk in obedience to him and to follow him wherever he leads us. Things are only going to get much worse in this world of ours as the end is nearing and the beast is rising and the Lord’s return is not that far off in the distant future. So, what will your response be to him? Will you keep on going your own stubborn way and ignore his pleas? Or, will you yield your life to him today to do his will and to do it his way? I can tell you that there is no better way to live than in the center of his will, doing what he has called you to do. Nothing else satisfies, and nothing else will bring about eternal rewards. Don’t ignore God. Bow before him today, and say “Yes” to Jesus.

For Our Nation / An Original Work / September 11, 2012

Bombs are bursting. Night is falling.
Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.
Trust Him with your life today.
Make Him your Lord and your Savior.
Turn from your sin. Follow Jesus.
He will forgive you of your sin;
Cleanse your heart, made new within.

Men betraying: Our trust fraying.
On our knees to God we’re praying,
Seeking God to give us answers
That are only found in Him.
God is sovereign over all things.
Nothing from His mind escaping.
He has all things under His command,
And will work all for good.

Jesus Christ is gently calling
You to follow Him in all ways.

Men deceiving: we’re believing
In our Lord, and interceding
For our nation and its people
To obey their God today.
He is our hope for our future.
For our wounds He offers suture.
He is all we need for this life.
Trust Him with your life today.



No comments: