Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, August 26, 2011

You Will Weep

Friday, August 26, 2011, 7:22 a.m. – The song, “Realizing,” was playing in my mind when I awoke this morning. I also woke from a dream.

THE DREAM: I was sitting in a row of chairs, which were facing west. A man to my right (or north of me) was talking about repentance (regret over wrongdoing; change of heart and mind). He was illustrating, with body language, what it meant to repent. So, he took his arms and he swung them left to right (south to north). I know I agreed with him. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read John 16:17-33:

Some of his disciples said to one another, “What does he mean by saying, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,’ and ‘Because I am going to the Father’?” 18 They kept asking, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We don’t understand what he is saying.”

19 Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, “Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me’? 20 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

…Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. 30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”

31 “You believe at last!” Jesus answered. 32 “But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

My Understanding: I read several news stories (referenced below) which made a direct hit with this dream, as well as did this passage of scripture. Then, my husband and I went to lunch. The restaurant was one in which we clean up our own dishes afterwards. My salad bowl and soup bowl were on a platter that I was carrying in one hand while I carried my drink cup in the other hand. I was saying good-bye to a former acquaintance, who we had seen in the restaurant, when my wrist gave way, the platter tipped, the remainder of my bowl of tomato soup went flying to the ground and the tomato soup splattered on the woman who was eating at the table with my former acquaintance. The woman was wearing a solid white skirt, and she now had tomato soup all over her skirt, arm, shirt, etc. I felt so horrible that I began to cry and to tell her how truly sorry I was for getting this tomato soup all over her white skirt. She assured me it was ok, but I could not stop crying (stress buildup, probably), and I felt so badly for messing up her white skirt.

Then, as we were leaving, my husband told me the two women were laughing over the incident. He said he looked back in there and they were laughing, so I was not to worry. Then, he began to laugh, too. I wasn’t laughing, though. I was still crying over this when we got into the car and drove home and when we got home, so I began praying and asking the Lord if he was trying to teach me something through this. Was there a lesson he wanted me to learn? And, then I got out my Bible and read again what I had read in the morning and the words, “you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices,” really jumped out at me because I was weeping and mourning and feeling such sorrow over having spilled this soup and it having splattered all over this woman’s white skirt – a woman I did not even know. And, yet, the women and my husband were laughing over it, which is good that they could laugh at something that really was not all that important in reality. Yet, I believe the Lord allowed this to illustrate to me very personally what he was teaching his disciples.

I read a news story about the hurricane coming up the east coast of the USA from the south, and it struck me how there were some similarities between this picture of this man to my right physically demonstrating what it means to repent, using his arms (power; military strength; weapons) swinging from the south to the north. Phrases such as “heightened waves,” “expanded warning area”, covering a large section of the east coast, from Washington to New York, or from North Carolina to New York City, strong storm surge, strong winds, and damage to crops, etc., reminded me of this image of this man’s arms swinging south to north and us both facing the west.

I read another story of a car bomb that supposedly detonated outside Nigeria’s United Nation’s complex, leaving scattered bodies, many dead, and a mention of a largely Christian south, etc. And, then I read a story about NATO airstrikes in Libya, which also brought to mind this image of this man waving his arms in the air from the south to the north, while facing the west, claiming that he was demonstrating the meaning of “repentance.” The sporadic shooting and mention of bloodstains brought to mind the red tomato soup splattered all over this woman’s white (for purity) skirt (could be a symbol of servanthood). The story spoke of the shooting and airstrikes being for the purpose of “paving the way” for the advance of the rebels if they are not able to negotiate an agreement.

Then, there was something said in the article indicating that time was up for the present government and that they needed to realize that their time was up. Then, a little further in the article it said something to the effect that the opposition needed to let go and go back (repent, basically). I don’t know specifically who this man represents or who I represent, only I normally do symbolize the US or the US government, and I was in agreement with this man’s physical display to demonstrate the meaning of repentance, and the article does say it was NATO and British forces who are carrying out the airstrikes in Libya. If we are not directly involved in these strikes, we are at least in compliance with them taking place.

The dreams the Lord Jesus gives me are always (99.9%) for the purpose of giving practical application to today of his word and its truths. The passage today was about Jesus’ disciples mourning the death and loss of Jesus and how the world would rejoice that the “troublemaker” had been removed from their midst. The passage also said, “Now is your time of grief.” I was grieving over the spilled and splattered tomato soup all over this woman’s white skirt. I believe this represents the spilled blood of the saints of Almighty God who are servants of the Lord who are being killed because they are the Lord’s servants and because they refuse to “repent” of their faith in Jesus Christ and they refuse to “turn” from their belief in Jesus to follow the N.W.O. And, I do weep over this. Yet, many are rejoicing over Christians being exterminated from the face of the earth. And, many, as well, are completely oblivious to what is really going on in the world and are just having a good time.

We were facing the west in the dream. I believe the Lord is saying that our time is coming soon. I don’t know if this hurricane is part of this or not, but I do believe it illustrates the kind of judgment that is coming to America in the near future, if not now, and that, although the N.W.O. is calling for nations to repent of their independence and to bow to the N.W.O., and they are calling for Christians to give up and to let go (repent) of their belief that Jesus Christ is the only way to God the Father and to heaven, or else face the consequences, Jesus is calling for a different kind of repentance. He is calling for us to forsake our sins of idolatry and spiritual adultery, as a nation, and as a people of God (the church), because our time is coming when “repentance” will be physically demonstrated to us, too, and we will be asked by the new global order to realize that our time is up and that we are to give up and retreat and bow to them, and if we do, then we will be safe (like the mob does when it offers “protection” to business owners who cooperate).

Jesus told his disciples that a time would come when they would be scattered, each to his own home, which is what the N.W.O. is asking that believers in Jesus Christ do. They were scattered because they forsook Jesus Christ. I pray that when this time of great persecution comes to America that God’s holy church will rise, be on fire for the sake of Christ and the gospel and will be willing to lay down their lives for Jesus’ sake rather than giving up and retreating. I pray we will now see our sins of pride, arrogance, idolatry, and spiritual adultery and that we, as Americans, and we, as the church in America will be revived in our hearts as we realize all that Jesus went through so that we could go free.

Realizing / An Original Work / May 14, 2011

Realizing what He did for you
Should cause you to walk with Him in truth.
Trust in Him to be your Lord today.
Turn from sin; obey without delay.

Realizing He died on a tree,
So that from sin you could be set free,
Should bring you down upon bended knee,
Repentant; humbly; submissively.

Realizing that He loves us so,
Which is why, to the cross He did go,
Is what leads us to salvation free,
Through our faith in Jesus Christ our King.

Song Lyrics @ Public Domain

Audio, song lyrics and sheet music:
https://sites.google.com/site/psalmshymnssongs/home/songs/realizing

References:
Hurricane Irene's effects begin being felt in NC
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRENE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-26-07-28-35
Car bomb strikes UN building in Nigeria's capital
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_NIGERIA_EXPLOSION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-26-07-36-39
NATO attacks pro-Gadhafi forces near Sirte
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_LIBYA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-26-07-28-39

No comments: