Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Joy of You

The Joy of You / An Original Work / June 8, 2011

Based off of Philippians 3:7-14

Jesus, keep me near the cross.
Let me count my life but loss
Compared to the joy of You;
Transformed life; walking anew.
Faith in Christ, turning from sin;
Holy Spirit now within.
Sin’s dark sway, overcoming;
Sharing in Christ’s sufferings;
Becoming like Him in death;
Meeting Him at my last breath.

I am not yet made perfect.
I press on as God’s elect
To reach the goal before me,
God has picked in destiny.
Forgetting what is behind;
Keeping what’s ahead in mind.
Fellowshipping with my Lord;
Walking with Him, one accord;
Obeying His every word;
God has called me heavenward.

Song Lyrics @ Public Domain

Song

No comments: