Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Husband Shot Me

Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 4:02 a.m. – I woke this morning from a dream.

THE DREAM: All I remember of the dream is the end. Something had happened prior to this part of the dream I do remember that the Lord is not allowing me to remember at this moment for some reason. What happened prior to this, I do believe, precipitated this next event. Then, a dog killed a child. My husband came home, I told him about the death, and he went into the child’s room and saw the dead child. The next thing I remember was I was sitting on a sofa on the east side of it. I was facing north. My husband approached me from the east or the northeast. He had a very tiny gun or pistol in his hand which he aimed at my chest and then he shot me. I think I looked up, I saw him holding the tiny pistol in his hand and I asked him if he was going to shoot me. Then he pulled the trigger. END

There was something unusual about this dream. It had a different feel to it than my other dreams, like it was in another dimension, i.e. like it had an emotional 3D effect.

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read John 10:22-42:

The Unbelief of the Jews
22 Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. Here he stayed 41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man was true.” 42 And in that place many believed in Jesus.
My Understanding: I read these news stories: Dad pursued Ariz. massacre suspect before shooting - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20110112/D9KMMEQ01.html; Hundreds attend Mass to remember Arizona victims - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20110112/D9KMMQ580.html; China's Hu to call for new talks on North Korea - http://apnews.excite.com/article/20110112/D9KMLOS00.html; and AP-GfK Poll: Obama, GOP improve their standing - http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AP_POLL_OBAMA_AND_CONGRESS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-01-12-03-08-59.

Let me first off say that in the dream I was sitting right where I sit each morning to have my quiet time with the Lord, so for me, that seat represents being in a right relationship with Jesus Christ and spending time in communion with him, listening to him, hearing what he says, and acting in obedience to what he shows me. We’ll see what bearing that has here as we work our way through this dream in relation to the song, scripture and news stories.

The Lord usually gives me dreams which are related, as of late, to the top news stories. So, with that, I read these news stories and others and underlined what I believed the Lord was showing me in connection with this dream. I noted here that this dream had an emotional 3D effect. A dimension is a feature or distinctive part of something. So, when I began reading these news stories, in particular the stories about the shooting in Arizona, I began noticing how many words were used in the stories that were emotional in nature or that described various emotions – mourn; aching community and hearts; a distraught community; grief; tears; pained and concerned; questioning, struggling and wondering; hope to feel better; shook with emotion; felt compelled to come; clutched tissues; wiped away tears; longing for peace and finding light in the darkness; praying for healing; everyone was affected; and finally, “Your heart just hurts.” And, I added, “Yes, it does!”

In the song (below), the lyrics shared similar sentiments as were expressed in these news stories – The darkness deepens; when other helpers fail and comforts flee; change and decay in all around I see; through cloud and sunshine; earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away; fear of foe; ills; tears; bitterness; death’s sting; the gloom; and earth’s vain shadows. And, in the passage of scripture, which described the unbelief of the Jews, Jesus encountered disbelief, his own people picking up stones to stone him, false accusations, and attempts to seize him. And, what the Lord brought to my mind is that this little pistol that was in the hand of my “husband” in my dream represented not a physical bullet to a physical chest, but rather it represents these “stones” that people throw at us that injure us in our hearts to where our hearts just hurt. So, it appears this was more about getting at people’s hearts than it was about killing physical bodies. One of the articles even used the terminology of “bleeding-heart liberals,” which made me think of this injury to the heart.

For the Congresswoman, her “husband” would be the U.S. government as a partner in business. For the people of America as American citizens our “husband” is the US government. And, the Lord has often, as well, shown me that the “husband” of the institutional church is also the U.S. government, for she is in a contractual business relationship with the government which comes with certain stipulations that even regulate, to some degree, what can and cannot be said from the pulpit with regard to politicians. From where I sit in South Carolina, Washington, D.C. is northeast of me. From Arizona, Colorado is northeast of that state, and the Lord has often shown me Colorado as the U.S. headquarters of the New World Order, which the Lord has also shown me truly is now running our government. So, it could be that the Congresswoman was not a player with the New World Order or there could be other factors here, as well. This is the second dream (first one unfinished) I have had that suggests that this shooting was an inside job (my husband) and that it is related to this picking up of stones to stone someone because you don’t like what the person believes.

For some reason known only to God, he did not permit me to remember the preceding events that took place in my dream, only the end of it. I do know that something happened in the house that precipitated (caused) the following events taking place, in particular the “dog” mauling the child to death. A “dog” in scripture is sometimes a term referring to a Gentile, yet often the Lord uses the term “dog” in my dreams to represent false teachers and/or antichrists. Yet, the Congresswoman was supposedly a “blue dog liberal”, so it could be she “killed” a child (a bill in Congress, perhaps), such as not voting on something, and she was thus targeted for that, or perhaps she was not the true target. So, that leads me back to the dog killing the child related to the attack that took place that day when all those people were shot, and the result after that was my “husband” aiming this small pistol at my chest (heart) and shooting it (making it hurt). And, what precipitated (to make something happen) the attack (the dog mauling the child to death – the shooting, or what prompted the shooting) was something that took place prior to the attack.

This first article said that “Sheriff’s deputies had been to the Loughner (the accused) home at least once before the attack,” Jason Ogan said. “He didn’t know why or when the visit occurred, and said department lawyers were reviewing the paperwork…” So, if something happened prior to the “dog” mauling the “child” to death that made or caused it to happen, then what I believe the Lord is showing me here is that there is a direct correlation between this visit to the Loughner house by these Sheriff’s deputies and this attack that took place on the Congresswoman and all these other people that day, and that one caused the other. In my previous dream, there was a back stabbing that took place, so there I also felt that this was an inside job. The person who shot her (or gave the orders) appears to be someone she knew and with whom she had a business relationship. Hopefully, the Lord will grant me understanding, as well, of the previous dream, and that will add to my understanding of this one, too.

Lastly, with regard to the news stories, what stood out to me in the article about Obama and the GOP was the article stated that the people of America are down on Congress. “They make all kinds of promises and put the shaft to the people,” said Sandy Parton… “I’ve seen them say one thing and do another.” And, I really and truly believe this is the heart of the matter. The little pistol that was in the hand of my “husband” represents our government making promises to the American people and then putting the shaft to the people (the pistol). The little pistol also represents them (Congress/the Government) saying one thing and then doing another. This is about betrayal against the American people (the backstabbing). Interestingly enough, one word for “pistol” is “shooter.” So, it could be here that what the Lord is saying is that the “shooter” (the person who pulled the literal trigger) was in the hand of the US government and that they were the ones who actually pulled the trigger, i.e. they caused this to happen. Mind control was mentioned previously.

Yet, there is hope! Jesus came to die for us on the cross and then he rose again conquering death, hell, Satan and sin. Through genuine belief in him and his grace (salvation) we can become his sheep. He says this concerning his sheep. They: 1. Listen to his voice; 2. He knows them; 3. They follow him; 4. He gives them eternal life; 5. They shall never perish; and 6. No one can snatch them out of the hand of God – Father and Son. That is a wonderful and awesome promise!! The words to the song also offer us words of hope and encouragement. When people fail us (our helpers; partners; leaders; friends; family), we can know that Jesus is the help of the helpless, he doesn’t change like shifting shadows, he will never lie to us, he will never go back on his promises, he will always be faithful, his grace can foil the tempter’s power, he is our guide, we have no need to fear a foe with him beside us holding our hands, and death has no power over us because we are promised life everlasting and that no one can snatch us out of his hand, if we are his true sheep and he abides with us and us with him. His true sheep listen to him, he knows them and they follow him. Make sure you are listening and that you are following where he leads you.

Abide With Me / Henry F. Lyte / William H. Monk

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
Earth’s joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.

I need Thy presence every passing hour.
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

No comments: