Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, August 30, 2024

Faithful Friend

"For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people." ~ Hebrews 2:17


When I was a child, I accepted Jesus’ invitation to his great salvation. From that moment on, he not only became my Savior and my Lord, but he became my very best friend. He has remained so throughout my life. I know I can always count on him to be there for me day or night, in joy or in sorrow, and in sickness or in health. He will never leave me nor forsake me. I know I can depend on his word to me, and I can trust fully in his grace. He is completely faithful in all that he does, and he is fully trustworthy.


I want to know him above all else. I want to speak and to sing in agreement (accord) with him and with his word. I want to feel what he feels, to hear what he is saying, to heed his call upon my life, and to follow him all of my days.


Faithful Friend 

 

An Original Work / April 13, 2011


My loving Father; precious Lord, 

To You I lift my voice in accord –

I hear Your pleas; I heed Your call

To worship You only, who ransomed us all.


O Gracious Father; faithful friend,

I know You’ll be with me to the end.

You sent Your Son to die on a tree

So from sin and death I can truly be free.


Oh, Jesus, Savior, King of kings,

You are the Lord of everything.

You died in my place, so I could be free

To serve You only, so all may believe.


https://vimeo.com/115946088 

No comments: