Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Thursday, April 18, 2024

What God Has Prepared for Those Who Love Him

“Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But, as it is written,

“’What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him’— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.” (1 Corinthians 2:6-10 ESV)


We who have been called of God to proclaim the excellencies of him who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light are all who are of genuine God-gifted and God-persuaded faith in Jesus Christ. Not one of us is exempt. We are not to be withholding the truth of the gospel from the people of the world, and we are not to shirk our responsibilities to the body of Christ to minister to one another’s needs and to exhort one another in the faith.


But so many people today who are professing faith in Jesus Christ are not living the faith that they profess. They are not walking in the ways of the Lord, but they are still living to gratify the desires of the flesh. Their lives are centered around themselves and what they want out of life, and they are not centered around Jesus Christ and what he wants us to do in love response to him for what he did for us in dying on that cross for our sins.


And so it appears, at least here in America, that not many professers of faith in Jesus Christ are living the lives that God called all of us to live. And they are not impacting other people’s lives for Jesus Christ, because they are not compelled to do so. For so many of them are being taught that nothing is required of them other than an innocuous “faith” in Jesus Christ which makes no requirements for dying to sin and living to God to do his will.


But Jesus gave his life up for us on that cross to redeem us out of our lives of slavery to sin so that we will now serve God with our lives and honor him in all that we do. He saved us and called us to a holy calling so that we will now live in submission to him as Lord (Owner-Master) of our lives. And he has a plan and a purpose for each one of us that he wants us to do, in his power, if we will just surrender our wills to the will of God for our lives.


For to love God is to submit to him as Lord, and it is to surrender our lives to him to do his will, and it is to deny self, to die daily to sin, and to follow him in obedience to his commands. For if we claim to know him and to be in fellowship with him but while we continue living in sin, and while we do not obey him with our lives, then we are liars who do not live by the truth. For love is not just what we speak, but it is shown by what we do.


[Matt 7:21-23; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; Rom 12:1-2; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 1 Co 10:1-22; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Gal 5:16-24; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:1-17; Titus 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; 1 Pet 2:24; Heb 3:1-19; Heb 4:1-13; Heb 10:23-31; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15] 


I Will Lift My Eyes  


An Original Work / December 12, 2012

Based off Psalms 121-125


I will lift my eyes to my Lord Most High.

My help comes from Him, who saved me from sin.

He will not let your foot slip, and He who watches will not sleep.

Our Lord watches over you, and your life He will keep.

I will lift my eyes to my Lord Most High.

My help comes from Him, who saved me from sin.

I give thanks to Him.


I will lift my eyes to my God in heav’n.

I look to the Lord. My sins, He’s forgiv’n. 

Because of His great love for us, He made us alive with Christ.

Through the kindness of our Savior, He gave us new life.

I will lift my eyes to my God in heav’n.

I look to the Lord. My sins, He’s forgiv’n; 

My home, now in heav’n. 


Praise be to the Lord, who is on our side.

Our help found in Him. He gives peace within.

Those who trust will ne’er be shaken. God will supply all we need.

Our Lord has done great things for us. He’s our friend, indeed!

Praise be to the Lord, who is on our side.

Our help found in Him. He gives peace within.

I can count on Him.


https://vimeo.com/379508241

No comments: