Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Sunday, April 14, 2024

I Take Refuge

As followers of Jesus Christ, we will have enemies. We will have people in our lives who will not speak well of us, but who will speak evil of us. They may slander us, hate us, reject us, persecute us and otherwise mistreat us just because of our faith in Jesus Christ and our walks of obedience to Him.


But, we must not let this unsettle us. We must remain steadfast in our faith and in our commitments to serving Jesus Christ with our lives, despite all opposition and persecutions. We must take refuge in our Lord, commit our ways to him, rest in his love, trust in his sovereignty, and believe in his promises, and hold on to him when times are especially dark.


I Take Refuge


An Original Work / September 1, 2018

Based off Psalm 71


O, Lord, I take refuge in You,

For You are my God.

Turn Your ear now to me.


Be my Rock and Fortress

To which I do go.

Deliver me, God. You’re my hope.


My lips now give praise to You, God.

I always have hope,

Since You saved me from sin.


My enemies speak evil

‘gainst me, O God.

Oh, help me, O Lord, rescue me.


The path of my life has been hard.

For, I have had troubles

Too many to bear.


But, You will increase honor,

Restore again.

Your faithfulness, Lord, comforts me. 


https://vimeo.com/287942028 

No comments: