Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

What God Said to Me at District Conference

December 14, 2022


Eighteen years ago from this past September my husband Rick and I were training to be church planters with the Christian and Missionary Alliance (The Alliance), the church denomination I grew up under (same church denomination as A.W. Tozer was under). Rick was going for his ordination, and I was going for my consecration. So there was a district prayer conference for the official workers under The Alliance in our district which we both planned to attend. But Rick hurt his back and he could not go, so I went alone to represent our tiny congregation.


At the conference the Lord spoke to me about many things through the various people who spoke, as they shared what the Lord was teaching them through his word. So, I took detailed notes so that I would remember what all he taught me. This is a summary of what I learned:


Preach the Word of God, not the teachings of man

Listen to God, hear what he is saying, and then obey him

Tell the people what God tells you to tell them and leave the results in his hands

What you are going to do, do it NOW

You were appointed by God as a herald and a teacher of true faith

God has given you a clear sense of his purpose for you and an urgency…

Fan into flame the gift(s) of God within you

Give your ministry over to God – it is not yours; it is his

God may have something else for you to do that you have not even thought of

Write down what God shows you and then wait on him to bring it about

Don’t ask God “why,” just trust him – stand firm, press on

What you are going through is much bigger than you can imagine

NOW is your time! – For such a time as this I was placed upon the earth…

Be a tree climber and get a closer look at the Supremacy of Jesus Christ

The Church is in crisis – the crisis of Supremacy 

It is indistinguishable between the lives of evangelical Christians and the world

We need to get back to the basics – we need to put our focus on Jesus and the cross of Christ instead of on the teachings of man


All of this that was said there at that conference was meant by God for me to hear and to apply to my life. God had a purpose in it all, and he has made that purpose very clear to me. And it was then the Lord began to call me to this present ministry of writing down what he teaches me from his word each day and of placing it on the internet so that the internet could “run with it” (the name of my blog). I would never have imagined then the journey that God has taken me on these past eighteen years. All glory to God!

No comments: