Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Saturday, November 11, 2023

All to Whom I Send You, You Shall Go

“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,


“’Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

and before you were born I consecrated you;

I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’


“Then I said, ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.’ But the Lord said to me,


“’Do not say, “I am only a youth”;

for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,

and whatever I command you, you shall speak.

Do not be afraid of them,

for I am with you to deliver you,

declares the Lord.’


“Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, ‘Behold, I have put my words in your mouth’” (Jeremiah 1:4-9 ESV).


Did you know that what God called Jeremiah to do is not all that much different from what he has called all of us to do who believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior? For we are all chosen by God, even before he laid the foundation of the earth, to be holy in his sight and to do his will. We are all called to be a light in the darkness and to proclaim the excellencies of him who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light, and to make disciples of Christ. And we are all to be exposing the fruitless deeds of darkness.


Chosen by God: [Ps 139:13-16; Rom 1:6-7; Rom 8:8,28-29; 1 Co 1:9; 1 Co 12:1-31; 2 Co 5:9; Gal 5:13; Gal 6:8; Eph 1:3-4; Eph 5:10; Col 1:9-11; 1 Thess 4:1,7; 2 Tim 1:8-9; 1 Thess 2:4; 2 Tim 2:4; Heb 11:6; Heb 13:6; 1 Pet 1:14-16; 1 Pet 2:9; 2 Pet 1:3; 1 John 3:22]   


Shining our Light: [Matt 5:13-16; Matt 28:18-20; Jn 4:31-38; Jn 13:13-17; Jn 14:12; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:14-18; Acts 26:18; Rom 10:14-15; Rom 12:1-8; Rom 15:14; 1 Co 12:1-31; 1 Co 14:1-5; Eph 4:1-16; Eph 5:11-27; Php 2:1-8; Col 3:16; Heb 3:13; Heb 10:23-25; 1 Pet 2:9,21; 1 Jn 2:6]  


But many feel ill equipped for such a task. And, in the flesh, we are ill equipped. We can’t do this in and of ourselves. It has to be of the Spirit of God, empowered by God, and led by the Spirit of God or it is not of God. But even if we, as humans, don’t have the skill set to do this, for we are not great communicators, or we are not outgoing, by nature, God can do it through us if we let him, and if we cooperate with his working in and through our lives, which means we have to be in submission to him.


So, if the Lord calls us, he will give us all that we need to do what he has called us to do. No excuses! He doesn’t accept excuses, even if we believe they are valid, on our part. For he can make a way where there seems to be no way. Where every door before us might be closed, he can open a new one. For if it is his will, it can happen, despite our inadequacies in our human flesh. And we are not to be afraid of what other people will say to us, or how they will react, or what they will think of us. We just have to obey God.


Now, we are not all going to speak the exact words of God unless we are speaking the Scriptures, but even there not all translations may get his words exactly right. So it is good to have a good reliable translation. And I find it very helpful to use an online Hebrew and Greek interlinear which gives me definitions of the words used which aren’t always translated exactly as might have been intended in the original writings, and/or that my language, English, doesn’t always capture the full meaning of the words.


But ultimately we are to rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us to all truth, and not other humans, and so it is good if we read the Scriptures in their context, for many false teachings come from Scriptures taught out of context and made to say what they do not say in context. Yes, listen to other humans, and read others’ writings, but then test everything you read or hear against the Scriptures, in context, and don’t rely heavily on the teachings of humans, because not everyone tells the truth, sad to say.


“But you, dress yourself for work; arise, and say to them everything that I command you. Do not be dismayed by them, lest I dismay you before them. And I, behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests, and the people of the land. They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you” (Jeremiah 1;17-19 ESV).


So, know what the Scriptures teach that all of us are to be doing if we are of true faith in Jesus Christ. Be diligent in seeking the Scriptures for truth and in following the Lord and his commands (New Covenant), in practice. Then do the work of the Lord which he has called you to do, in his power and strength, as you are led of the Spirit of God, and not of your human flesh. And don’t fear the opinions nor the rejections of other humans, for you will be rejected, even by pastors, and even by other professing Christians.


And this is because not many are following the Lord in obedience. Not many are serious students of the Scriptures, either, who are seeking to know the Lord and to walk in his ways. And not many are living their lives to be pleasing to the Lord in walks of obedience to his commands and in fulfilling the calling of God on their lives. For far too many are being fed and are believing a very watered down version of the Scriptures and of the gospel and of the character of God/Christ, and of his will and purpose for our lives.


But if you have answered the call of God on your life to do what he says to do, to go where he sends you, and to say whatever he says to say, then you must know that you will be opposed, attacked, lied against, fought against, etc. But we are not to let that discourage and dishearten us. We are not to let the weight of it all get us down. But we must give that weight over to God and keep doing what he says to do, no matter what kind of responses that we get from other humans. For if we are with God, he is with us.


I love the words to this song. And it can be applied to any follower of Jesus Christ who is carrying a heavy burden, and who is weary, and perhaps lonely, perhaps because of all the evil that is in the world and within the gatherings of the church, where sometimes we may feel as though we are all alone, even if we are not. For this is a prayer to God to hold us together even in very difficult times, and even in very troubling circumstances. And then it is a commitment to serve the Lord no matter the circumstances, and it is prayer for the Lord to make us strong in our times of weakness.


Breath Of Heaven (Mary's Song)


Songwriters: Amy Lee Grant / Chris Eaton


I have traveled many moonless nights

Cold and weary with a babe inside

And I wonder what I've done

Holy father you have come

And chosen me now to carry your son


I am waiting in a silent prayer

I am frightened by the load I bear

In a world as cold as stone

Must I walk this path alone?

Be with me now

Be with me now


Breath of heaven

Hold me together

Be forever near me

Breath of heaven

Breath of heaven

Lighten my darkness

Pour over me your holiness

For you are holy

Breath of heaven


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6VGVXjGLBQ

Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: