Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

All Trials Have a Purpose

“Dear Lord, please give me the words that you want me to say here for your glory and for your purposes, Amen!”


I am presently going through a very serious trial, not completely unlike others I have faced before, but this one is coming at me in doubles and maybe even triples. And it has to do with abuse, persecution, adultery, false accusations, and lies being said about me and to me, etc. And one is coming on top of the other, and there could be more yet to come. And so I am praying to the Lord regarding what my response should be to it all, asking him for his wisdom. 


Well, one of my cousins sent me a song on Facebook (internet social media site). It was one of those very short videos. And the song had five lines in it, each line followed by a Scripture reference. And when I listened to the song the second time through I sensed the Holy Spirit speaking to me that this message was from my Lord to me personally for the situation I am presently facing, and it really encouraged my heart. And so I believe I am to share this with you, perhaps as an encouragement to your heart.


But let me give just one qualification here, well maybe more than one. We should be careful about taking Scriptures out of context and applying them to ourselves when they were not written for us specifically unless they reflect God’s general promises given to those who are his by faith in Jesus Christ who are walking in fellowship with the Lord in obedience to his commands. For all God’s promises have conditions, the main condition being that we must obey him. And I see nothing in these OT Scriptures that seem to contradict the promises to followers of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.


So, this is what the Lord encouraged me with today. The first quote will be the quote from the song and the second that follows will be the actual Scripture, and that will follow the same pattern for all five of them, first the song quote and then the actual Scripture will follow. And one of them I included two extra verses to add context. So this is what the Lord spoke to me this afternoon to encourage my heart regarding my circumstances.


“I will stand by you” Ephesians 6:11


“Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.” Ephesians 6:11 ESV


“I will help you through when you’ve done all you can do, and you can’t cope.” Isaiah 41:13


“Behold, all who are incensed against you

    shall be put to shame and confounded;

those who strive against you

    shall be as nothing and shall perish.

You shall seek those who contend with you,

    but you shall not find them;

those who war against you

    shall be as nothing at all.

For I, the Lord your God,

    hold your right hand;

it is I who say to you, ‘Fear not,

    I am the one who helps you.’” Isaiah 41:11-13 ESV


“I will dry your eyes” Revelation 21:4


“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4 ESV


“I will fight your fights” Exodus 14:14


“The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” Exodus 14:14 ESV


“I will hold you tight and I won’t let go” Deuteronomy 31:6


“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV


So, if you are following the Lord Jesus with your life, but you are going through trials and/or persecutions of any kind, I pray these Scriptures will be an encouragement to you, as well, that if we are following the Lord in obedience to his commands, he is on our side and he will carry us through whatever trials we are having to presently endure, and he will bring us out of them on the other end, even if that other end is not here on this earth but in heaven with him. 


You Loved Me


An Original Work / December 3, 2019

A song based off the poem by the same name


When I was lonely and afflicted,

You were there to pick me up.

You took me in Your arms,

And You held me tenderly.


Your love embraced me.

Your grace sustained me.


When my heart cried out to You

In my fear and my despair,

You never turned away,

But You let me know You loved me.


Your grace forgave me.

You did not shame me.


Then, when I answered the call,

“Here, Lord, send me.”

You sent me to where I must be.

Your mercy held me, did not fail me.

All this, You had planned, to use me.


And, when all trials and scorn

Came to test me.

You gave me all that I would need.

You strengthened me so I’d not fail You.

Your kindness blessed me, it touched me.


And, when I needed the church 

To lift up me,

To hearten me so I’d not fail,

You blessed me with folks who would love me.

Their presence with me, Your praise hailed!


And, when I walked through the valley

Of the shadow of the death,

And tears flowed from my eyes,

Still Your kindness was there for me.


Your touch, it healed me.

For I believed You.


When now I think about the ways,

Of the many, many ways

That You in Your great love

Show me that You’ll always care for me,


My heart, it thanks You,

And gladness fills me, fills me.


https://vimeo.com/377807796

No comments: