Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Sanctification

I looked up the word "sanctification" today. It means the process of making or becoming holy, set apart, different from the world because we are progressively being transformed by the Lord into His likeness. And then I looked at four different Scriptures which define sanctification, or else the opposite of sanctification, and the results of both, I believe. And I summarized the points into 21 points with the Scripture references below. I couldn't fit in everything into this box. So some points may be missing.

So, I pray you will take this to heart for it teaches us how we are to live as followers of Christ, and it warns us what will happen to us if we choose not to live this way. For if sin is what we obey, in practice, it will lead to death. But if obedience is what we obey, it will lead to righteousness and to sanctification, and its end is eternal life. For the gospel teaches that we are to turn from darkness (sin) to light (righteousness), and from the power of Satan to God (under his control), and we will receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those sanctified by faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 26:18).


The Longer I Serve Him  

William J. Gaither


Since I started for the Kingdom,

Since my life He controls,

Since I gave my heart to Jesus,

The longer I serve Him,

The sweeter He grows.


The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows,

The more that I love Him, more love He bestows;

Each day is like heaven, my heart overflows,

The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9KgYCQ_iY

Caution: This link may contain ads

No comments: