Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

God Has Become My Salvation

Isaiah 12:1-2 ESV


“You will say in that day:

‘I will give thanks to you, O Lord,

    for though you were angry with me,

your anger turned away,

    that you might comfort me.

Behold, God is my salvation;

    I will trust, and will not be afraid;

for the Lord God is my strength and my song,

    and he has become my salvation.’”


Before we trust in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of our lives, we are under God’s wrath in divine judgment. We are separate from God, without hope, and bound in slavery to sin. So, Jesus Christ died on that cross, taking our sins upon himself, putting sin to death with him, so that, by faith in him, we might be delivered from slavery to sin and be free to walk in his holiness.


And that is the GOOD NEWS of the gospel of our salvation, that Jesus died that we might die with him to sin and live to his righteousness. He died to rescue us from our bondage to sin so that he could now empower us to live godly and holy lives to the glory and praise of God. And if you know what it is like to be trapped in sin and then to be set free, it can’t get any better!


But it isn’t just that he rescues us from our slavery to sin and now he gives us new lives in him to be lived with purpose and direction and in the joy of the Lord, but it is that he gives us the assurance of his constant presence with us who are following him with our lives. He is now our husband and our best friend and our companion and our comforter in sorrow, etc.


And when we understand his calling on our lives and his sovereignty over our lives and how he created us with a purpose in mind for our lives, then we begin to comprehend the depth of his love for us, and his watch and care over our lives, and that we have no need to fear, even when he allows us to go through dark and troubled times, for he will be our strength through it all.


Isaiah 12:3-6 ESV


“With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day:

‘Give thanks to the Lord,

    call upon his name,

make known his deeds among the peoples,

    proclaim that his name is exalted.

Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously;

    let this be made known in all the earth.

Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,

    for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.’”


When we believe in Jesus Christ with genuine God-given and God-persuaded faith in Jesus Christ, and so we are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin but now as slaves to God, our lives are transformed of the Spirit of God. We aren’t the same people we were before. For we’ve been changed of the Spirit of God, turned from our darkness to the Light.


No longer are our lives to be controlled by the flesh, but now we are to live under the control of the Holy Spirit, via dying daily to sin and walking in obedience to our Lord. Now we serve the Lord with our lives, and there is no greater joy than to be in the service of our Lord. For now we have meaning and purpose and direction to our lives, and we are making a difference in this world of ours to help others to come to know Jesus, too.


For now we should be sharing the truth of the gospel with others, and we should be encouraging and exhorting our fellow believers in Christ to help them to walk faithfully to our Lord and to not fall into sin’s deceitfulness. We should be speaking the truth in love to the people for their salvation and for their encouragement in the Spirit and for their spiritual growth and development as disciples of Jesus Christ.


But we should not ever lie to the people. So we should not dilute the truth of the gospel just to make people feel good, either. For if we do not tell them the truth, and if they do not believe the truth, but they believe a lie, instead, then we have just given them a false hope of salvation and of eternal life with God, and heaven will not be their eternal destiny unless they die with Christ to sin and now live to his righteousness, by his grace.


[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15] 


Songs in the Night  


An Original Work / December 18, 2013


“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25 NIV ‘84


Lord, I praise You forevermore.

You, my Savior, I now adore.

Hope in heaven awaiting me,

Because You died at Calvary.


I have been forgiven,

And I’m bound for heaven.

Jesus set me free from

All my sin, I say.

I will praise Him always!


Lord, I love You for all You’ve done:

Overcame death, my vict’ry won!

Jesus saved me, and now I’m free!

I rejoice in His love for me.


I will walk in vict’ry!

My sin is but hist’ry!

I am free to please Him

With my life today.

I will love Him always!


Lord, I thank You for giving me

A new life bought at Calvary.

Loving Jesus, I meet with Him.

Tender mercies now flow within.


Lord, I am so thankful;

Through my Lord, I’m able

To sit at His table;

Fellowship with Him.

I will thank Him always!


https://vimeo.com/379484387

No comments: