Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Friday, July 14, 2023

While You Have the Light

John 12:32-36 ESV

 

Jesus Christ speaking:

 

“And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die. So the crowd answered him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?” So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.”

 

Jesus Christ was about ready to go to the cross to die for our sins. And the purpose for which he died on that cross is that we might now die to sin and live to righteousness, that we might now live for him, and not for ourselves, and that we might now honor God with our bodies instead of dishonoring God by using our bodies to engage in the lustful desires of the flesh. For he died to free us from our slavery to sin and to empower us to live godly and holy lives to the honor of God, in his power and strength.

 

[1 Peter 2:24; 2 Corinthians 5:15; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 6:1-23]

 

And Jesus Christ was put to death on a cross by his enemies because they hated him and what he stood for, and they hated his message of the gospel which demanded total allegiance to the Lord, death to sin, living to God, and walking in obedience to the Lord and no longer in sin. But in Jesus’ death and resurrection he provided for us the way to salvation, and the way out of living in sin and for self, via genuine God-given and God-persuaded faith in Jesus Christ. We just have to surrender our lives to him.

 

Now I believe the warning that he gave to those people then applies still to us today, for we live in a day and age when the truth of the gospel is being snuffed out and when the lies are overtaking the truth and they are being accepted largely in place of the truth. And we are getting nearer and nearer to the time of our Lord’s return when he will come to judge the earth and the people of the earth and to take his holy and righteous ones to be with him for eternity.

 

So, we are all living on borrowed time. Not one of us knows when we will breathe our last breath. It could be today. So we shouldn’t take for granted the time we have on this earth. And we shouldn’t take for granted God’s grace and mercy. So while we still have a glimmer of light (truth, righteousness) remaining we should latch on to it and put our hope and trust in Jesus Christ. And then we must die with him to sin and live to his righteousness, by the grace of God and in his power and strength.

 

For the Scriptures teach that we must walk in the light of truth, that we must conduct our lives in holiness, that we must walk now according to the Spirit and no longer according to the flesh. For if we don’t, the darkness indeed can and will overtake us. And if we walk in the darkness (in sin) and not in righteousness and godliness and in obedience to our Lord, then we must know that the Scriptures teach that we will not inherit eternal life.

 

So, while we still have the light (the truth, the gospel, the opportunity to give our lives over to Jesus Christ), we must believe in the light, in practice, by how we live in moral purity, honesty, and faithfulness to our Lord, and in walks of obedience to his commands (New Covenant). And this is so that we can become true children of God (of the light) and no longer walk in darkness, so that we do have true hope of eternal life with God.

 

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

 

Video Talk

https://youtu.be/oQP_slUnU9Y

Caution: This link may contain ads

 

Songs in the Night  

 

An Original Work / December 18, 2013

 

“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.” Acts 16:25 NIV ‘84

 

Lord, I praise You forevermore.

You, my Savior, I now adore.

Hope in heaven awaiting me,

Because You died at Calvary.

 

I have been forgiven,

And I’m bound for heaven.

Jesus set me free from

All my sin, I say.

I will praise Him always!

 

Lord, I love You for all You’ve done:

Overcame death, my vict’ry won!

Jesus saved me, and now I’m free!

I rejoice in His love for me.

 

I will walk in vict’ry!

My sin is but hist’ry!

I am free to please Him

With my life today.

I will love Him always!

 

Lord, I thank You for giving me

A new life bought at Calvary.

Loving Jesus, I meet with Him.

Tender mercies now flow within.

 

Lord, I am so thankful;

Through my Lord, I’m able

To sit at His table;

Fellowship with Him.

I will thank Him always!

 

https://vimeo.com/379484387

No comments: