Habakkuk 2

Then the Lord replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

Monday, January 11, 2021

The Lord is My Strength

 Psalms 118:1, 5-7 NIV

 

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;

    for his steadfast love endures forever!

 

“Out of my distress I called on the Lord;

    the Lord answered me and set me free.

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.

    What can man do to me?

The Lord is on my side as my helper;

    I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.”

 

In our day and age, we are continuously being bombarded with messages intended to make us afraid, angry, distrusting and/or confused. These messages are coming from the media, whether it be the news or social media, and they are coming from the mouths of government officials.

 

But as followers of Jesus Christ, we have nothing to fear, for our Lord is in us, and he is caring for us, and his steadfast love for us endures forever. He will see us through anything this world can throw at us. He is still completely sovereign over all his creation. Thus, He will strengthen and help us.

 

It isn’t that man can’t do anything evil to us, though. He can, and he will, for the Scriptures teach that we will be hated, rejected, persecuted, beaten, falsely accused, falsely arrested, and even put to death for our faith in Jesus Christ and for our testimonies for his gospel of salvation.

 

But it is that man can do nothing to us that God has not allowed, and that God will not carry us through it, and that God has not a purpose for it. God will see us through everything man throws at us, and he will use it in our lives and in other people’s lives for his glory.

 

Psalms 118:8-13 NIV

 

“It is better to take refuge in the Lord

    than to trust in man.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord

    than to trust in princes.

 

“All nations surrounded me;

    in the name of the Lord I cut them off!

They surrounded me, surrounded me on every side;

    in the name of the Lord I cut them off!

They surrounded me like bees;

    they went out like a fire among thorns;

    in the name of the Lord I cut them off!

I was pushed hard, so that I was falling,

    but the Lord helped me.”

 

Oh, yes, it is much better to take refuge in the Lord than in man and in princes (rulers) who cannot save, and who often are liars and deceivers who are working against the people while they make a public show of being for the people.

 

We live in an age where so many of our leaders, whether in the government or in the church, are lying to us, deceiving us, and are literally working against us, not for us, even though publicly they claim to be working for us and not against us.

 

So, while many of them claim that they are on our side, they are literally handing us over to the desire of our foes. They are much like pied pipers who are leading people to their deaths. Their tongues are smooth as silk, but their bite is as fierce as a lion.

 

So, we can’t trust in man. Instead, we need to be discerning of what men (and women) are telling us, and we need to be testing it all in prayer and in the study of God’s word (in context), seeking God’s face, and asking for the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth.

 

For, many people are being led astray, not just with regard to the gospel of our salvation, but also with regard to what is going on with our government and in the world around us. Thus, even many Christians are following men as though they are gods while unknowingly they are following the enemy.

 

Psalms 118:14-18 NIV

 

“The Lord is my strength and my song;

    he has become my salvation.

Glad songs of salvation

    are in the tents of the righteous:

‘The right hand of the Lord does valiantly,

    the right hand of the Lord exalts,

    the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!’

 

“I shall not die, but I shall live,

    and recount the deeds of the Lord.

The Lord has disciplined me severely,

    but he has not given me over to death.”

 

We need to make the Lord our strength and not humans. God is the one whose praises we should be singing, not the praises of man. He is the only one we should be looking to for any kind of salvation, for he is our only hope. And he is the only one who is fully trustworthy.

 

Jesus Christ is our Savior, not man. He is the only hope for what ails this sin sick world of ours. Only he can save us from our sins. Only he can promise us life eternal. He alone has complete control over his creation. He is the only one who can guarantee to fulfill his promises to us, too.

 

Yes, this world of ours is messed up. Yes, evil is prevailing right now, but only because God has allowed it, and only because so many of God’s people have turned away from him and from his laws to follow after the ways of man and of the flesh, and so God has handed them over to their flesh.

 

I believe God is allowing all this trouble right now, though, to bring his wayward people back to him in repentance and in renewed faith in him before he returns for us, his bride. He is making his bride ready for the wedding banquet to take place (see the book of Revelation).

 

So, God will bring good out of what appears to be a lot of evil going on right now. He is disciplining his church right now in order to bring her back to life, for she needs to be revived so that she might live. She needs to be brought back to the place to where Jesus/God is her only Lord and not the gods of this world before it is too late (Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; 1 Co 6:9-10).

 

A Believer’s Prayer

 

An Original Work / July 31, 2012

 

With my whole heart, Lord, I pray

To be Yours, and Yours always.

Lead me in Your truth today.

May I love You, and obey.

Lead me in Your righteousness.

When I sin, may I confess;

Bow before You when I pray;

Live for You and You always.

 

Love You, Jesus, You’re my friend.

Life with You will never end.

You are with me through each day,

Giving love and peace always.

You will ne’er abandon me.

From my sin You set me free.

You died on that cruel tree,

So I’d live eternally.

 

Soon You’re coming back for me;

From this world to set me free;

Live with You eternally.

Oh, what joy that brings to me.

I will walk with You in white;

A pure bride, I’ve been made right

By the blood of Jesus Christ;

Pardoned by His sacrifice.

 

https://vimeo.com/114796263

No comments: